SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Annoying message about JAR versions...

Perhaps I did something wrong?

But I fail to see why this process has to be so hard. Long time SageMC user. Felt tonight would be a good opportunity to upgrade sage server to current beta. (All viewing done on HD-200s).

So server upgrade went fine.

Next thought lets upgrade SageMC while we are at it. Then perhaps the web plugin.

Well SageMC upgrade not so good. Been using SageMC for quite a while with glassy icons, comm skip etc.... Not sure what version I replaced but I downloaded the SageMC 6.3.9 package from the 'latest dev build' thread.
It is a zip file. It contains two folders \JARs & \STVs
I over wrote my C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JARs with the contents of JARs
I over wrote my C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMC_169.xml with the one from the .zip file.

I launch HD200 or place shifter and get told my JAR @ 6.3.7a is out of date and I should update it to 6.3.7a ????

Does this mean I need to upgrade Java on my XP server?? Because that error notice is not exactly informative!!

Currently on my server box is..
Java 2 Runtime Enviro v1.42 (was for DVarchive)
Java 6 Update 11
Java 6 Update 4

Any help appreciated.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:26 PM
SageTVaholic

First, make sure you downloaded and installed the full installation package, not just the update. (If you have modified the sagemc_menu.xml file where the dynamic menus are stored, either back it up first or save it under a new name through the dynamic menu editing menu) Next, make sure you restart Sage on your server after installing SageMC or else the new JAR files will not get picked up.

Also make sure you load the new SageMC STV on each of your HD200's. If you use any plug-ins, you will have to import them all into the new STV. (Note that you only need to do this once and you can then load the updated STV file on your other extenders.)

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 05-28-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ummm yeah sorry for that hasty post.

Before I read this I thought to myself why not download the full install.

So I did. Re-launched place shifter and no message. Glassy Icons, whatever theme I use is still intact etc.. I am a happy camper.

I will *try* and remember to re-load the SageMC on the HD-200s - but that seems kinda weird to me. Would not they get EVERYTHING from the now updated server???
Old 05-28-2009, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Glad you got it working.

If the HD200's are all running SageMC_169.xml, then they will automatically pick up the new version. However, if you imported any plugins, then they will be running SageMC_169-#.xml. If that file isn't replaced, then there is no way for the HD200 to know there is a new version of some other file floating around.

Aloha,
Mike