SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Sage User

Lock during forward skip

I'm still on .13, but it doesn't look like anything like this was mentioned in the .14 release notes.

If I hit forward skip repeatedly, SageTV locks up hard. It requires a forced kill of the process to exit the program. If I space out the skips, say 3 seconds (I didn't try to see what the exact threshold was), everything's fine. Time scroll works fine. But, rapidly repeated skips lock it up every time.

My client machines do not experience this problem. I can skip on them as fast as my thumb can press the button.

I've attached a short log file that I got from restarting SageTV, starting playback, and mashing the forward skip until it locked. The IPs listed at the end are the client machines.

If this isn't a known issue, with a known cause (my Hauppauge remote, certain chipset on motherboard, etc.), I'll file a bug.

Thanks,

--Mike
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_1.txt (52.9 KB, 229 views)
Old 03-22-2004, 12:53 AM
Sage Expert

I had this problem when I used NVDVD Audio decoders. I switched to using the cyberlink for audio and NVDVD for video and the problem went away. Now I can power FF through a whole episode without lockups.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Sage User

Hmm...I'm pretty sure I'm using the same PowerDVD decoders on both the locking server and the good clients. I'll verify both audio and video setups.

Thanks,

--Mike
Old 03-22-2004, 06:09 AM

I had this problem with the PowerDVD decoders . Try some different ones until you get some that are stable with your system.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Sage Icon

Many people have had this with the cyberlink/powerdvd decoders. If you sdearch you will find at least half a dozen threads on it. I have not seen anything abou the NVDVD decoders doing this. FYI, I use the NVDVD codec and never have any problem.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to add that ffw would always lock up my machine when i used the powerdvd codecs. I use the intervideo codecs now, no problems
Old 03-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had this same problem, but it was with the newest Intervideo drivers. I switched to NVDVD, and was stable as ever.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have this problem, on .13 and .14 using the Hauppauge codecs. Haven't seen it using the Sonic codecs. I sent in a log file with a bug report.. hopefully they'll nail it for the next release.

-Dan
Old 03-23-2004, 02:43 AM
SageTVaholic

nvdvd audio decoder would crash sage for me all the time
no more though, powerDVD with nice sound quality kicking it here
I also like intervideo though, it has good sound quality as well
Old 03-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Sage Icon

In my opnion the only advantage the intervideo audio codec has is that it uses less CPU. Other then that I would rather use NVDVD (without the crashing!) or powerdvd. It just sounds better.