SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Mac Edition
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Mac Edition Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Mac edition. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Mac edition should be posted here.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

PlaceShifter works, Media Center and Client don't

Since day one I have been plagued with video and audio problems on my Mac's. I mades several HDHomeRun recordings last night and when I try to play them back I either get a white screen or black screen and no audio. Same thing happens with the Client. I thought the recordings were bad until I tried playing them with PlaceShifter... they were all perfect. As a test, I installed PlaceShifter on the same computer that I use for Media Center, a Mac Mini. The PlaceShifter again played the video perfectly, though it lagged the audio by a couple hundred milliseconds. PlaceShifter on any other computer, including a MacBook with almost identical processor speed, RAM, etc. as the Mac Mini, have perfect lip sync. My question is... how can the PlaceShifter work on the same computer where the Media Center fails? It would seem both would have access to the same CODEC's. Unlike the Windows version, there isn't a menu item for selecting the CODEC(s) to use. Another strange thing... In PlaceShifter I have to specify the IP address of the computer it is running on, even though it is the same one as the Media Server. It would seem 'localhost' or 127.0.0.1 would work, but they don't.