SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Sage User

Recorded Shows being deleted

Hi All

I don't know if this has been reported yet. I recorded 2 movies using manual record set start and end times. After the recording times I watched a couple seconds of each movie to make sure it did record what I wanted. The next day when I wanted to actually watch the movies they where gone. I noticed that a lot of intellegent recordings that were there the day before were still there but my manual recorded movies were gone. I realize that Sage will delete recordings to make room for new shows but I thought it deleted intellegent recording before touching anything I recorded manually. I know that after watching the couple of seconds of each movie they were not set to watched because I was playing with that function at the same time and made sure they where not flagged as watched.

Has anyone else seen this.

Thanks Chris
Old 03-24-2004, 10:49 AM

Nope, Sage won't delete a manual or a favorite recording for an IR recording unless it is watched. Submit it as a bug with your system configuration and maybe they will find something.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Administrator

I'm just curious about what you looked at to make sure they weren't still marked as watched -- the Recording Detail screen where it says "Set Watched" or "Clear Watched", or the Sage Recordings list where it is listed as italicized for watched. If it really was no longer marked as watched, perhaps something internal missed the fact that you set it back to unwatched.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

You didn't happen to have the shows listed as favorites and then take them off the list after the manual recordings did you? If so, I believe that Sage will delete all of the episodes previously recorded if you remove it from your favorites list.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Sage User

Hi all

Thanks for the quick response.

I was working with my remote and using the sage recording list and setting watched from the remote. I made sured that the title was not italicized. When I last saw them they had a red frame around them which I think is the recorded frame color.

Chris
Old 03-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Administrator

A couple other things to check, to see how SageTV is viewing those movies -- if you do a search for the titles, are the same movies in the guide for the next 2 weeks? How are they listed? Any color border?

Also, try to Browse by Category & see how the movies are listed there.

If they are marked in some way, it _might_ explain what happened.

- Andy
Old 03-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Check if they are on your hard drive. I had a problem yesterday where Sage Recorded shows but didn't show them in my SageRecordings. I checked the hard drive and they were there.

After I restarted the sytem, the files where listed in Sage Recordings as well. Really weird
Old 03-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Sage User

Hi

The Movies were Pay per view so there is no way to track them on the guide. and when I checked the hard drive the files aren't there either.

This was really weird..

I was playing a lot with my remote trying to get it to work correctly so I may have done something wrong when I was playing with Girder. I haven't seen it happen since and I do have other manual recordings that didn't get erased, so it may just have been a fluke...

Chris
Old 03-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Did the guide data change for the time it was recorded & SageTV then thought it was an incorrect recording/recording error and dumped it?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had a problem similar to this.....I had my video directory in F:\SageTV\Video\ and I moved it to F:\Video. I moved the directory over then changed the setting in sage... When I did that, Sage no longer recognized all the recordings in there as 'Sage Recordings', which is fine and somewhat understandable....they could be viewed as "imported files" because they were still in the video folder.

Last night I noticed all those recordings had been deleted, luckily I had a few back up copies on other machines. I copied them back over and got Sage to recognize them as imported. I wonder if today they will still be there or not...

There is still plenty of space for videos so I'm not quite sure why it might have delete them...
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess