SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can't install Hauppauge 1250

Hey all, I've got a real mystery on my hands that I need help on.

I've been sitting on a Hauppauge 1250 for a while that I just got around to trying to install. I normally tune using a firewire connection from my cable box and use an old Hauppauge 250 for the IR receiver. I want to put the 1250 in for QAM tuning.

Anyways, when I try putting the the 1250 in the computer, Windows (XP MCE) never even recognizes it. It never shows up in the Device Manager and never offers to install drivers. I've tried:

-installing with and without the 250 installed;
-installing after running the Hauppauge utility that's supposed to remove all remnants of Hauppauge drivers and software;
-installed the 1250 in another computer and it recognized it fine
-installed/uninstalled the 1250 and 250 in various orders. The 250 is always recognized the 1250 never is;
-ran the Haupauge install software, but it can't install the drivers because it can't find the hardware.

I'm stuck. There's only one PCIe slot available in my HTPC that's open. This motherboard is actually a refurb from Asus because my original board died after a surge. I'm beginning to think that the PCIe slot I need to use on this board is dead, but have no way of confirming since I have no other PCIe cards. That seems unlikely, but I'm at a dead-end.

Anybody out there got any ideas? Is there something wrong with Windows that's preventing it from seeing new hardware?