SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
razrsharpe - Thanks for the response. I had one filter turned on
Imported TV - set to Include.

If I remove all filters the delay in entering TVExplorer goes away. I'll have to check and see if that was why the PlaceShifter performed differently. I'll let you know what I find out.
Yup i bet thats it... setting the imported TV to include will slow things down with a large collection like yours... hopefully tve v2 will make this faster but not positive ... it may need some other goodness in the ortus api that wont be ready for prime yet though to really make it fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_ferrets View Post
Hey Razrsharpe, just wanted to say thanks to you and collaborators for a great plug-in! Looking forward to future goodness...
thanks ... and me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
@razrsharpe: I did some troubleshooting and determined that the issue seems to lie in the "include/exclude" filters. If Favorite Recordings is set to "include", none of the 3 below it (Manual, Intelligent, or Imported) nor the one above it (Movies) can be set to "include". If any of them are, then nothing shows up. I have checked just about every other combination and they all seem to work. To restate it differently: If Favorite Recordings is set to "include", no other filter can be set to "include".

Still not a big deal, but thought this might help you be able to do a quick fix. If not, we'll happily and patiently wait for the next version.
yup the include/exclude/no filter logic in tve v1 is not very robust.... unfortunately there's no quick fix so it's just going to have to wait until v2 (and the much much much improved search / filter / algorithm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Great add-on, I love this! Quick question, the "Set All Watched" doesn't seem to work... is there a way to set an entire folder as watched? I've got all the Two and a half Men recorded, and as new ones get recorded it's tough to keep track. If I could set all watched and then when i see a new one in the folder I know I've got one to watch.

Thanks!
i thought that worked... ill check it out and let you know
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yup i bet thats it... setting the imported TV to include will slow things down with a large collection like yours... hopefully tve v2 will make this faster but not positive ... it may need some other goodness in the ortus api that wont be ready for prime yet though to really make it fast
Unfortunately the delay is back and all filters are turned off. Still not sure what the cause is but I keep trying different things. The encouraging bit is that the delay has never shown up with Placeshifter. It seems as though that uses a different method for accessing the db.

I think I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway. Is there a way to directly edit the database? I have a few recordings that don't display correctly and the BMT web interface cannot retrieve them. Poking around the forum, it looks like Sage holds the db as proprietary and I don't want to drop wiz.bin completely and re-build from scratch. Alternately, if I remove the data source, will the files be removed from the db?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Unfortunately the delay is back and all filters are turned off. Still not sure what the cause is but I keep trying different things. The encouraging bit is that the delay has never shown up with Placeshifter. It seems as though that uses a different method for accessing the db.
mmm thats weird... one of these days ill get around to trying out placeshifter and see what happens on my end... that is definitely interesting that placeshifter doesnt get bogged down

other settings to check to make sure TVE loads as quickly as possible.
-TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Display Imported TV -> Enabled
-TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Limit Search Paths -> Do not limit

Alternatively you could set up path filters (if you are unfamiliar with them there are some threads floating around that detail how to set them) and then set the "Limit Search Paths" options to the path filter expression. when TVE uses the path filter expressions it will try to display all Sage recorded TV and all video files that are in the path filter. It will not determine if the media object is in fact TV (this is what i believe is slowing down your system).

Also feel free to turn debug logging on, enter TVE, and post/send me the log and i can take a look at it and should be able to determine what/where it is slowing down.

Quote:
I think I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway. Is there a way to directly edit the database? I have a few recordings that don't display correctly and the BMT web interface cannot retrieve them.
you can edit most item details with nielms webserver (there's now a version that runs inside jetty... same as bmt... so you only have to configure/deploy one webserver)
Quote:
Poking around the forum, it looks like Sage holds the db as proprietary and I don't want to drop wiz.bin completely and re-build from scratch.
yup thats correct... its proprietary and you can't edit it directly
Quote:
Alternately, if I remove the data source, will the files be removed from the db?
no idea... but i *believe* that if the media object is imported content (ie not recorded content) then yes if you move/delete/rename the item and rescan then the old file is completely gone.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Great add-on, I love this! Quick question, the "Set All Watched" doesn't seem to work... is there a way to set an entire folder as watched? I've got all the Two and a half Men recorded, and as new ones get recorded it's tough to keep track. If I could set all watched and then when i see a new one in the folder I know I've got one to watch.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
i thought that worked... ill check it out and let you know
looks like youre correct and it doesnt work... that's what i get for linking to/copying code from sagemc... ill add it to the bug list to get squashed in v2
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-21-2009, 03:57 AM
Sage User

SMW and TVE together without filters?

I would like to use both SMW and TVE but don't want to use the filters in SMW if possible because they take so long (they introduce a 10 second delay in my collection of under 1000 media).

I want to display only my movies (in //server/videos/movies) in SMW and only my imported/ripped TV shows (in //server/videos/TV) in TVE.

If I specify both directories in Sage's Import Setting, I see all the TV shows in the menu unless I use filter, which is horribly slow on my system. If I only specify the Movies directory, SMW works great with no filter but the TV shows are not available to TVE.

I guess I'm asking if it's possible to use directory as a quick filter like Sage's built in file viewr seems to do to set different scopes for TVE and SMW?

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
I would like to use both SMW and TVE but don't want to use the filters in SMW if possible because they take so long (they introduce a 10 second delay in my collection of under 1000 media).

I want to display only my movies (in //server/videos/movies) in SMW and only my imported/ripped TV shows (in //server/videos/TV) in TVE.

If I specify both directories in Sage's Import Setting, I see all the TV shows in the menu unless I use filter, which is horribly slow on my system. If I only specify the Movies directory, SMW works great with no filter but the TV shows are not available to TVE.

I guess I'm asking if it's possible to use directory as a quick filter like Sage's built in file viewr seems to do to set different scopes for TVE and SMW?

Thanks!
When you say "filter" are using some SMW (or TVE) filter accessed through the SMW (or TVE) GUI?

Do a forum search for "pathfilter expressions". The SMW thread has some good info on them (somewhere ) as well as some other threads. Both SMW and TVE support pathfilter expressions to limit the scope of the search. Basically you modify the Sagemc_menu.xml file to limit that menu to only a certain import directory. To use pathfilters with TVE after you setup the SagMC_menu.xml file navigate to TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Pathfilter Expressions.

TVE will filter out non TV automatically so you should only have to set the filters SMW. However, if TVE is slow to enter you can set the TVE pathfilter too.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Do a forum search for "pathfilter expressions". The SMW thread has some good info on them (somewhere ) as well as some other threads. Both SMW and TVE support pathfilter expressions to limit the scope of the search.
I have a similar goal, I want a import-only view with just one of my import.

I tried to use the same pathfinder expressions SMW and TVE but TVE still includes everything recorded by sage. I'm looking for a import-only view. What property am I missing ?

Code:

<internalScreenMenuItem screen="TV Explorer" title="tv explorer series">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\tower\\tv")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
Old 11-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog View Post
I tried to use the same pathfinder expressions SMW and TVE but TVE still includes everything recorded by sage. I'm looking for a import-only view. What property am I missing ?
TVE will always display sage recorded TV by default as that is its primary purpose... even with path filters.

The option you're looking for is TVE Filters -> Imported TV -> Include. This will filter out all TV that is not imported (ie sage recorded) (ie only "include" imported tv). There is no need to set path filters unless you want to further limit the menu to a particular directory. Also make sure TVE Options -> Main -> Clear filters on menu load -> Disabled is set so that the filters are persistent.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the pointer. I am able to remove the recorded imported data but the pathfinder expression doesn't seem to have an effect.

I get the same list whether I add the expression in the dynamic menu or not.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks for the pointer. I am able to remove the recorded imported data but the pathfinder expression doesn't seem to have an effect.

I get the same list whether I add the expression in the dynamic menu or not.
Make sure you set the property item as described below:

Quote:
To use pathfilters with TVE after you setup the SagMC_menu.xml file navigate to TVE Options -> Imported TV -> Pathfilter Expressions.
One other thing to note is the pathfilter does NOTHING for recorded content, only imported.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fantastic! The interface rocks BTW, great job.

Hopefully a final problem... I can't seem to be able to have my sort choice stick.

I want to have the left side sorted alphabetically. The grouping options allows me to do that but when I leave and come back, it's returned to the default value.

I also want the right side to be sorted by season/episode but the results are odd... I see the season/episode info on screen but the sorting doesn't fit. Can't find the logic of the sort either.

Note that all this is with imported video.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Hopefully a final problem... I can't seem to be able to have my sort choice stick.

I want to have the left side sorted alphabetically. The grouping options allows me to do that but when I leave and come back, it's returned to the default value.

I also want the right side to be sorted by season/episode but the results are odd... I see the season/episode info on screen but the sorting doesn't fit. Can't find the logic of the sort either.

Note that all this is with imported video.
I believe (and razr can correct me if wrong) but there is a setting some where to clear/or keep settings on exit.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
thanks glad you like it

Hopefully a final problem... I can't seem to be able to have my sort choice stick.[/quote]
TVE Options -> Main-> Default Group Sort Order (left side) and Default Episode Sort Order (right side). I thought there was also an option to have the Group and Episode sort order when chosen directly stick... but i can't find it right now.... mmmm... must be getting old

Quote:
what behavior are you seeing? There are some known bugs right now in how season / episode filtering works (check the second post of this thread for the complete list). Basically the season/episode sorting is an original air date sort. This is done so that episodes recorded by sage (without season/episode info) will get sorted correctly with imported video (that does have the season/episode info). Therefore, if there are two (or more) episodes that originally aired on the same day they will have the same original air date and will thus sometimes get sorted wrong. I already have a fix in my dev code for this but havent had a lot of time to work on v2 lately. No promises, but I may try to push a maintenance release out that fixes alot of the bugs in v1 but leaves out most of the enhancements destined for v2 since i seem to not have a lot of sage time lately...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I believe (and razr can correct me if wrong) but there is a setting some where to clear/or keep settings on exit.
Quote:
TVE Options -> Main-> Default Group Sort Order (left side) and Default Episode Sort Order (right side). I thought there was also an option to have the Group and Episode sort order when chosen directly stick... but i can't find it right now.... mmmm... must be getting old
Found it, in the settings, you can set the default value or keep the value set in the GUI, thanks

Last edited by Gog; 11-26-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Found it, in the settings, you can set the default value or keep the value set in the GUI, thanks
ahhhh thats right i remember now ... glad you found it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I know for 2.0 you probably have a million ideas and zero time.
Is there any chance there will be a 1.X bugfix release?
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7

Last edited by GollyJer; 12-01-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
I know for 2.0 you probably have a million ideas and zero time.
Is there any chance there will be a 1.X bugfix release?
there's a chance... and its actually getting higher (especially as my time to work on 2.0 is less and less lately). So yes i would say there is a better then even chance i will release a 1.x bugfix (no promises on when that will be though )
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber View Post
I'm sure this is the result of a short between the headphones but I am stumped. I am excited about this as I have been using Malore menus for a long time and now you have created a configurable and more versatile successor. Great contribution..............

I think I am running all the latest versions of Sage, SageMC and BMT but for some reason I cannot seem to select any of the options except "Close" in the TVE Options screen. Also, as you can see in the attached, it looks wierd too.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Lynn

TVE v 1.00
razr-tools.jar v 1.00
phoenix.api v 1.38
Sage v 6.6.2.218
SageMC v 6.3.9a
Java v 1.6.0_04
What was the solve for this, my settings screen also looks like that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVEOptions.jpg (176.9 KB, 183 views)
Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnovak View Post
What was the solve for this, my settings screen also looks like that.
Did you extract the zip to the sagetv install directory overwriting everything?
They were using an old gkusnik.jar that is required for the import to map to sagemc items correctly. Copy the one from installation zip jars folder to sagetv\sagetv\jars (or extract the zip again overwriting everything... with sagetv closed) or download the one from the downloads area. Then reimport TVE into a SageMC stv without TVE. You should then be all set.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Did you extract the zip to the sagetv install directory overwriting everything?
They were using an old gkusnik.jar that is required for the import to map to sagemc items correctly. Copy the one from installation zip jars folder to sagetv\sagetv\jars (or extract the zip again overwriting everything... with sagetv closed) or download the one from the downloads area. Then reimport TVE into a SageMC stv without TVE. You should then be all set.
Awesome, thank you. I had sage still running I guess and didn't get an error using vista's unzip. This works beautifully thanks

Cory