SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to disable some/all of the links? I have the settings menus locked with pin codes so no one can mess things up and TVE just kinda blows that whole thing away with it's shortcuts. If not, I hope you'll consider this "security risk" for v2.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Is there a way to disable some/all of the links? I have the settings menus locked with pin codes so no one can mess things up and TVE just kinda blows that whole thing away with it's shortcuts. If not, I hope you'll consider this "security risk" for v2.
ahhhhhh good point ... Currently there is no way to do that ... if you're not afraid of studio it should be relatively simple to disable/delete/hide the links though.

I never really think about security as the main users in my house is just me and my roommate.

Would you want some security to enter TVE options? or something for the links page inside options? I'll add it to the list ... it shouldnt be too hard but one never knows until you start to program it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnovak View Post
Awesome, thank you. I had sage still running I guess and didn't get an error using vista's unzip. This works beautifully thanks

Cory
glad you got it working and glad you like it
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey razrsharpe

Loving these features. One thing is bugging me as I work through trying to get all this pefected though, and that is the lack of being able to use the 'set watched' command on a group to set all watched. I believe my delete button doesn't work either. Have I somehow configured this functionality out, or is it just not there?

thanks for your help on this and BMT

Cory
Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hey razrsharpe

Loving these features. One thing is bugging me as I work through trying to get all this pefected though, and that is the lack of being able to use the 'set watched' command on a group to set all watched. I believe my delete button doesn't work either. Have I somehow configured this functionality out, or is it just not there?

thanks for your help on this and BMT

Cory
didnt discover that particular bug until after i released it. There is currently no fix for it (will definitely be fixed in the 2.0 release... maybe the 1.x maintenence release). The problem comes from leveraging SageMC code and TVE does things differently so it doesnt work... Just an FYI... if you check out the second post of this thread its a summary of the feature requests and known bugs.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
there's a chance... and its actually getting higher (especially as my time to work on 2.0 is less and less lately). So yes i would say there is a better then even chance i will release a 1.x bugfix (no promises on when that will be though )
A maintenance release with the "Play All" functionality for a season would be awesome.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
ahhhhhh good point ... Currently there is no way to do that ... if you're not afraid of studio it should be relatively simple to disable/delete/hide the links though.

I never really think about security as the main users in my house is just me and my roommate.

Would you want some security to enter TVE options? or something for the links page inside options? I'll add it to the list ... it shouldnt be too hard but one never knows until you start to program it
At the simplest, I'd just like the ability to entirely remove the links menu option, due to it giving people access to the SageMC setup items and, through that, the SageTV setup items. For added security, I wouldn't mind having a PIN code option for the entire TVE config screen, but there's really not that much damage that can be done through the config other than messing up some layouts.

I back up Sage every night, so I can easily revert to a previous state for layout issues, but I don't want someone "accidentally" disabling tuners, etc.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 12-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have been enjoying TVE very much since I installed it a couple of weeks ago. I still have some issues to sort out, but I can live with them for now.

The SageTV is connected to a 52" LCD. I just got an HD200 yesterday which is now connected to a 42" plasma. I wish that the display of the banners and the episode list on the right on the HD200 showed somewhat bigger because although it looks very nice on the 52", on the 42" it looks a little small and crammed. Is there anything that I can do to increase the size of the banner and the episode listing on the HD200 without affecting the sagetv's?

Thanks again for the great plug in.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
I have been enjoying TVE very much since I installed it a couple of weeks ago. I still have some issues to sort out, but I can live with them for now.

The SageTV is connected to a 52" LCD. I just got an HD200 yesterday which is now connected to a 42" plasma. I wish that the display of the banners and the episode list on the right on the HD200 showed somewhat bigger because although it looks very nice on the 52", on the 42" it looks a little small and crammed. Is there anything that I can do to increase the size of the banner and the episode listing on the HD200 without affecting the sagetv's?

Thanks again for the great plug in.
Each UI (in your case your Computer running SageTV and your HD200) are treated completely independent. Each has its own settings/configuration file. So yes you can adjust the sizing of the browser to fit each setup. The settings you want are mostly under TVE Options -> Browser.

Browser Height - % of the screen dedicated to the browser (from the bottom up). make this larger for the banners/episodes to be bigger

Group Rows - Make smaller for less shows displayed on right... FYI with double height enabled (default) the default value of 12 corresponds to 6 shows (likewise 10 = 5, 8 = 4, etc)

Episode Rows - Number of episodes to display on the right pane

Browser Font Size - Fairly self explanatory.... increase to make the text larger.

Those are the main ones that will control the size of the browser... feel free to mess around with the others too...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I tried changing the various setting and now it looks exactly to my liking. Thanks for providing the ability to change so many options.

On another topic. Can someone point me to a good thread on the setup of TVrename to be used with SageTV, so I can take full advantage of TVE sorting by episode number and all that good stuff. I am having a hell of a time even getting TVrename to do much at all and I have a few questions to make sure I do not break anything in SageTV.

Thanks again.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

check out BMT... its the current state of the art in downloading metadata (including season/episode numbers, etc). look here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34301
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have BMT and I am using the auto fetching which works wonders for both my dvd collection and recorded tv/movies.

What I am looking for is a semi(full?)-auto way of renaming tv show episodes and I beoieve earlier on this thread someone mentioned TVrename but like I said I am having a hard time with it. Or is there another better solution for renaming that works well with SageTV? (I am concerned about what happens when the file names change, the fact that the file names created by Sage seem to be just one long string, what happens when/if the files are moved to their on sub (show/season), etc)

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Sage Icon

there are lots of topics for renaming/moving recordings and how to do it... check out the FAQ. One thing is certain though if you do not take care during the renaming / moving process sage will lose its associated metadata.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
I have BMT and I am using the auto fetching which works wonders for both my dvd collection and recorded tv/movies.

What I am looking for is a semi(full?)-auto way of renaming tv show episodes and I beoieve earlier on this thread someone mentioned TVrename but like I said I am having a hard time with it. Or is there another better solution for renaming that works well with SageTV? (I am concerned about what happens when the file names change, the fact that the file names created by Sage seem to be just one long string, what happens when/if the files are moved to their on sub (show/season), etc)

Thanks.
I use mediascraper. I know it's overkill for BMT users, but it helps categorize everything nicely. BMT pretty much just handles my Recorded TV.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 12-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Sage User

Can you add support for background rotating background fanart like SageMC supports by default?

Thanks
-RL

MeinMaui - SageMC ** stuckless - Phoenix & BMT ** PLUCKYHD - Sage Movie Wall ** razrsharpe - TVExplorer ** Slugger - SJQ, SRE and SageAlert ** bialio - Advanced Mini Guide
Old 12-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdodge View Post
Can you add support for background rotating background fanart like SageMC supports by default?

Thanks
-RL
ill add it to the list. Personally i don't like rotating backgrounds and think it slows down the extender too much... but it should be pretty easy to add (i think )
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey razrsharpe

Thanks for your work on this once again
I'm wonder where you are getting the description text font size from?
Is it anywhere I can change it (whether in sagemc or tve or sage) or is it just directly hardcoded to a value? Or are you calculating it based off something else?

It doesn't SEEM to be related to browser font size, but I could be dreaming...

thanks

Cory
Old 01-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm wonder where you are getting the description text font size from?
TVEOptions -> Info -> Info Font Size
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-14-2010, 02:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
TVEOptions -> Info -> Info Font Size
Sorry, I swear I looked but I figured a separate menu option (Info) was for something else other than the browser screen. Thanks
Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sorry, I swear I looked but I figured a separate menu option (Info) was for something else other than the browser screen. Thanks
ya its a little unintuitive sometimes... browser is mainly how the group / episode panel looks/behaves... the other (group/Episode/Info) controls more what data is displayed.... i know its not intuitive... but thats how it is right now...
Check out TVExplorer