SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I fixed this in my Default STV version in a rather clunky way. Let me know when you come up with something better
I have this fixed in my dev stv... its not super elegant but also is not super clunky... it works until i rewrite how focus is controlled and how the screen is refreshed (both of which are super clunky right now... they work well enough but have lots of drawbacks the current way its doing it...)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-28-2010, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Found an odd bug with the sorting and don't know where the issue lies. I do have it set to ignore "The", etc.

"P.S. I Love You" is correctly sorted under the letter P. However, "A.I.: Artificial Intelligence" is incorrectly sorted under I.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 02-28-2010, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Found an odd bug with the sorting and don't know where the issue lies. I do have it set to ignore "The", etc.

"P.S. I Love You" is correctly sorted under the letter P. However, "A.I.: Artificial Intelligence" is incorrectly sorted under I.
That would be a problem in our source we scrap a from titles. Maybe should add a Check for a. ?
Old 02-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That would be a problem in our source we scrap a from titles. Maybe should add a Check for a. ?
Maybe you could only ignore the words at the beginning of a title if they are followed by a space?
Old 02-28-2010, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
Maybe you could only ignore the words at the beginning of a title if they are followed by a space?
Yeah it can easily be changed to check for "a " instead of just "a". Funny that this is the first time it has been noticed in SMW or TVE.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Sure, blame me for finding these really oddball bugs! Actually, blame my wife. She's the one who noticed it. LOL! The "a " does sound like a decent solution, though.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sure, blame me for finding these really oddball bugs! Actually, blame my wife. She's the one who noticed it. LOL! The "a " does sound like a decent solution, though.
Actually went back and looked at our source (been a while since I have been in that section.) we do Scrub "a " but we also scrub "a." and "a_" . I will have to talk with razor and see why we did the "a." I am not sure at the moment...
Old 02-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Actually went back and looked at our source (been a while since I have been in that section.) we do Scrub "a " but we also scrub "a." and "a_" . I will have to talk with razor and see why we did the "a." I am not sure at the moment...
yup this is exactly the problem. We scrub for "a ", "a.", and "a_" or "the*" or "an*" where * equals " ", ".", or "_" ... the reason for this is because it increases the success rate for mediafiles with filenames that use . or _ as word separators... obviously there are some places where it doesn't work... and since these methods are meant to be general we couldn't guarantee that the string that would passed to it wouldnt use . or _ as word separators...
soo i guess there are 3 options...
1. leave it as is
2. create a new "cleaning" method that expects a string that uses " " as word separators in TVE
3. Do #2 but give the user a choice for which cleaning option to use...

Im currently thinking about 2...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-01-2010, 07:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
yup this is exactly the problem. We scrub for "a ", "a.", and "a_" or "the*" or "an*" where * equals " ", ".", or "_" ... the reason for this is because it increases the success rate for mediafiles with filenames that use . or _ as word separators... obviously there are some places where it doesn't work... and since these methods are meant to be general we couldn't guarantee that the string that would passed to it wouldnt use . or _ as word separators...
soo i guess there are 3 options...
1. leave it as is
2. create a new "cleaning" method that expects a string that uses " " as word separators in TVE
3. Do #2 but give the user a choice for which cleaning option to use...

Im currently thinking about 2...
Does anybody actually use "." in their titles?
Old 03-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Does anybody actually use "." in their titles?
If the mediafile you are looking at has good metadata (and therefore the string you are passing to the method has good metadata) then i think the answer to that is NO. However, if you are sorting a generic video library (or music library, etc) then the answer could be yes because the metadata hasnt been populated and the filename could have "." or "_" as word separators... the reason "." and "_" are in there in the first place is because i ran into this when using these methods for sorting the generic sagemc video and music libraries with my collection (which doesnt have perfect metadata... or filenames )

however, i think that the method is changed to by default only use " " as a word separator and take an optional string as a second argument that can include other separators to test against if so desired by the programmer.
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 03-01-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

You two may not be talking about the same "title" I am, so forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn. In my example, the movie was "A.I.: Artificial Intelligence", which definitely seems to have the "." in its title. themoviedb.org has it as such. "P.S. I Love You" also has a period in the title, but that one worked correctly.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You two may not be talking about the same "title" I am, so forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn. In my example, the movie was "A.I.: Artificial Intelligence", which definitely seems to have the "." in its title. themoviedb.org has it as such. "P.S. I Love You" also has a period in the title, but that one worked correctly.
Where with you and we don't scrap "p." that is why it works fine. What we are/were discussing is wether people would have an "a." in a title like "a.perfect.world.mpg" or some sort like that.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
yup were talking about the same thing.

"P.S. I Love You" will always work
"A.I.:XXXX" will not

right now it matches against titles of the form "aX*", "theX*", and "anX*" where X = " ", ".", or "_" and * = the rest of the title. Then for sorting purposes it removes the "aX", "theX", "anX"

So.... "A.I:XXXXX" matches because it starts with "a."
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-01-2010, 08:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for taking the time to explain, guys. Very much appreciated. Now maybe I can actually offer up something useful! I have definitely seen videos named using a period as a spacer. It drives me nuts, too, because renaming tools can't easily remove the periods due to the period in the filename extension. So, you either remove them all and need to put the period back in for the extension, or you manually remove the "spacer" periods.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Sage Icon

Just released a new version. See all the details in the notification thread

Some other notes:
-this release does not include the Group quick navigation popup or number shortcut discussed in the support thread
-it also does not fix the bug in the method that cleans titles for sorting when ignoring A, An, and The discussed in the support thread
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-03-2010, 10:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Looking good. No issues upgrading to this one. I noticed that the shading "issue" I brought up a few pages back still is not an option. Just figured I would mention it so it isn't forgotten about. You mentioned the other two things I brought up not being added, so I just had to mention the original one again.

Keep up the great work! I feel like a broken record, but I simply can't thank you enough for your time and effort on this.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Looking good. No issues upgrading to this one. I noticed that the shading "issue" I brought up a few pages back still is not an option. Just figured I would mention it so it isn't forgotten about. You mentioned the other two things I brought up not being added, so I just had to mention the original one again.
Totally forgot about that one... thanks for reminding me
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Unfortunately I've found a bug. When deleting the last episode of a series the cursor gets stuck on the episode title and won't go back to the group list or the left most column. The only way I found out of it was by going to the main menu or the guide.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Unfortunately I've found a bug. When deleting the last episode of a series the cursor gets stuck on the episode title and won't go back to the group list or the left most column. The only way I found out of it was by going to the main menu or the guide.
You mean the last episode in a group? so the bottom of the list? ... i spent a bunch of time debugging this and remember testing that case and thought i had all the kinks worked out... let me see if i can reproduce...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Sage Icon

The example I ran into tonight was a series that I only had one episode of. I watched the episode and set it to delete and set watched when I finished. I was then returned to TVE with the previous list of episodes (only one) shown even though it had been deleted. In the previous release I would then hit the back arrow twice and end up with the cursor on the TV Guide icon at the top of the left most row. This time I couldn't more the cursor at all. I even tried reloading TVE and it still wouldn't move until I hit the home key. This is on an HD200 if that makes a difference.