SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
I'll second that. Even though I bought the upgrade license, I'm not moving until there's a TVE and SMW for v7. Too much functionality for me with those 2.
Just fyi there will not be a SMW for v7. It will still work under Sagemc with v7 though.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
I need to know if what I am doing is just impossible with TVE before I buy another license. If its not impossible, any idea what could be the problem?
in theory what you did should work, but I've never tried that specifically so can't say for sure. Just to make sure... you are using TVE for recorded tv, imported tv, both, only one?

Quote:
What causes TVE to be blank?
when you copied everything over did you copy over the sageclient.properties? If not you'll need to make sure that the custom metadata properties line (not sure what its called) is populated... specifically MediaTitle needs to be in there...

Some things to try:
  1. Loading TVE defaults... TVE Options -> Main -> Load defaults
  2. Make sure you dont have filters set up or options set that would filter out your media (loading defaults should do this)
  3. Post a debug log. Turn on sage debug logging and get me the sagetvclient_0.txt log file from when you enter TVE... perhaps the log will tell me why its not finding anything.
TVE v2 for v7 is in the works... but i haven't made very much progress lately (it's summer after all )... my best guess that it won't be ready tell the winter. there is an interim v1 version that works with the v7 default stv that will be uploaded once meinmaui uploads the sagemc jar to the repository (last time i checked it wasn't there yet).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
in theory what you did should work, but I've never tried that specifically so can't say for sure. Just to make sure... you are using TVE for recorded tv, imported tv, both, only one?
Both

Quote:
when you copied everything over did you copy over the sageclient.properties? If not you'll need to make sure that the custom metadata properties line (not sure what its called) is populated... specifically MediaTitle needs to be in there...
That is a good question. I did copy it over originally, however I didn't check for it specifically. I will check and get back to you if that field is there or not.

Quote:
Some things to try:
  1. Loading TVE defaults... TVE Options -> Main -> Load defaults
  2. Make sure you dont have filters set up or options set that would filter out your media (loading defaults should do this)
  3. Post a debug log. Turn on sage debug logging and get me the sagetvclient_0.txt log file from when you enter TVE... perhaps the log will tell me why its not finding anything.
Thanks alot razrsharpe! I will give it all a try and get back to you.

Quote:
TVE v2 for v7 is in the works... but i haven't made very much progress lately (it's summer after all )... my best guess that it won't be ready tell the winter. there is an interim v1 version that works with the v7 default stv that will be uploaded once meinmaui uploads the sagemc jar to the repository (last time i checked it wasn't there yet).
Enjoy your summer! After everything I read yesterday, V7 seems not to be revolutionary, just evolutionary. So, while I am eager to try v7 out, I am in no rush and will wait for you and Plucky's MyMovies .
Old 06-30-2010, 03:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
make sure that the custom metadata properties line (not sure what its called) is populated... specifically MediaTitle needs to be in there...
This was the problem .

The custom_metatadata entry was there but when I compared the entries on the 2 servers, some of fields were missing from the new SageTV. No clue why this happened.

After I copied the values from the original server to the new server and restarted the service, TVE was still blank on the client. But then I removed the import directories and re added them and TVE was fully populated.

Thanks razrsharpe!!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This was the problem .

The custom_metatadata entry was there but when I compared the entries on the 2 servers, some of fields were missing from the new SageTV. No clue why this happened.

After I copied the values from the original server to the new server and restarted the service, TVE was still blank on the client. But then I removed the import directories and re added them and TVE was fully populated.

Thanks razrsharpe!!
... there are other ways to get sage to reupdate its metadata for a given item but removing / re-adding import directories are definitely the easiest glad you got it working
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Sage Expert

Alright, guys, I made the switch to Sage7. I loaded up SageMC, TVE and SMW. Everything looks great and I can browse around just like in v6. But, when I click enter to select a video or TV show I get no response. It doesnt lock up or anything. It just doesn't select a video. Have you heard of this one?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Have you heard of this one?
nope.

does it work elsewhere in sagemc (default video library, default tv screens)?
does it work with the default STV (either stv7 or stv3)?

EDIT: its been a loooooooooooooong time since i ran sagemc on v7 but it did work as expected when i did.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Sage Expert

I kept trying to load up the wrong STVi was the problem. Everything is good to go now. Even in Sage7 I have it loaded up.
The only troubles I have are the dates are all 1969 and it shows the show title instead of each episode title in Sage7. I thought I read something about that, but can't find it now.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
it shows the show title instead of each episode title in Sage7. I thought I read something about that, but can't find it now.
here and then the following couple of posts... havent had a chance to load up bmt 4.1/2 and fix it yet but hopefully will find some time soonish
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Sage Expert

Excellente
Old 07-18-2010, 03:56 PM

Trying to do a new install and the links for sagex api libs are dead... how's a new user supposed to get this installed?

I'd work through PM... but I guess I'm too much of a newb on this forum to have PM privileges... would rather not clog your thread.

Any help is appreciated...
Old 07-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlam357 View Post
Trying to do a new install and the links for sagex api libs are dead... how's a new user supposed to get this installed?

I'd work through PM... but I guess I'm too much of a newb on this forum to have PM privileges... would rather not clog your thread.

Any help is appreciated...
sage 6 or sage 7?

sagemc or default ui?

if on sage7 you can get sagemc/phoenix/sagex from the plugin repository (will automatically dl sagex)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-03-2010, 11:48 AM

Sorry I haven't followed up on this... I do appreciate the response razrsharpe.

I'm using sage 6 and the latest sagemc. Would still like to get this working. I have no plans on upgrading to sage 7 until it comes out of beta.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
This was the problem .

Thanks razrsharpe!!
I'm not seeing fanart in v7 w/BMT and TVE installed and working... and wonder if this is my problem as well, but after much searching I find nothing that helps.... I'd like to manually put in that's needed but need some help. What should the custom_metadata field contain?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Continued from
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/newr...reply&p=475652

Quote:
the two versions are actually significantly different (in how they tie in with the stv, and you'd be surprised how many places that is...)
I thought that might be the case

Quote:
I don't remember doing anything specific to get the episodes to display correctly in v7. Did we discuss this in the TVE for SageMC thread?
There was a discussion here (not including me) about it:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...9&postcount=54

Quote:
Can you post a screen shot? and a screen shot of your TVEOptions -> TVE Info page. Did you dl and try the TVE for the default STV to see if it solves your problem? As it always been a problem after upgrading to 7 (and When did you upgrade, what version?) And just to keep this thread talking specifically about TVE for V7 we should move this discussion back to TVExplorer for SageMC
a. could post a screen shot of TVE but, really, it's just the normal TVE screen but instead of the episode title in the list of episodes (after SxeX: ), it just has the show title (i.e. identical for all episodes)
b. Happy to do a screen on my options if the above link doesn't give you enough to go on.
c. Yes, immediately after going to 7. I think the first version I tried was 7.0.14, I'm now on 7.0.20, using the version of SageMC that is installed via the new installer. I would have stayed with 6, but I really wanted dvb-t radio...

thanks

lee
Old 01-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

no screenshot needed... i now remember the discussion... that should be easy enough to fix but no promise on an eta.... I would need to install sagemc fire it up and see what i can see... like i said shouldn't bee too much work but i just need to find the time...

EDIT: I'll add an issue so i dont forget this...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
no screenshot needed... i now remember the discussion... that should be easy enough to fix but no promise on an eta.... I would need to install sagemc fire it up and see what i can see... like i said shouldn't bee too much work but i just need to find the time...

EDIT: I'll add an issue so i dont forget this...

lee
Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrel View Post

lee
Attached is an updated jar that should get you going. Had to dig up an old version of the sageortus api that was compatible with the TVE for SageMC version and did not specifically test it on the TVE for SageMC... but did test the fix on the current code base so it should work.

EDIT: See here for a more recent jar file that fixes another bug
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-19-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Razrsharpe, you're a star. I'll play later today and report back.

lee
Old 01-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Of course, I couldn't wait to try it out...

That seems to have done the trick. Is there any chance that the change you have made to sageortus.jar may cause problems if I switch the default V7 UI? Am I now stuck on SageMC? (This is not a problem for me in the foreseeable future, but just want to check).

There is one further issue I have running TVE on SageMC on V7 - sorry I forgot to mention it before. The broadcast date for some episodes lists as Thu 1/1/70, even when the correct broadcast date is entered into BMT. However, I cannot find a pattern to this - some episodes it does, some it doesn't; entering the data manually or automatically doesn't seem to make any difference. This isn't the end of the world (apart from the odd episode that appears out of order), but was wondering if you knew why this might be happening.

Thanks again for making the change.

lee