SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm definately liking the progress on all these Mockups. Has anyone considered going with all banners in several columns similar to movie wall with the series description and maybe the poster at the bottom and then when you select your banner you go into the show episodes? This would give you a second screen with much more real estate to play with for all the fly-outs/tabs/episodes/seasons . . . . might be easier to get what everyone is looking for on the second screen.

Just my .02 from someone with no coding experience what so ever so i'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement.

~ Brian
Old 07-30-2009, 05:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
Hey razrsharpe. In the .properties file you have:
FanartLoadDelay
and
LoadFanartDelay
The one tied to the UI isn't the one being used.
really.... mmm that's interesting, nice catch ill check it out.

Thanks
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-30-2009, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
ill need to dig into your SMW or you can give me some pointers on how to do that
Yeah no problems my layout in not functional by any means just for show.

What about flyout for the info? in other words there is no info on by default if you hit info while on a show the info would slide up and in from the episode panel?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
I'm definately liking the progress on all these Mockups. Has anyone considered going with all banners in several columns similar to movie wall with the series description and maybe the poster at the bottom and then when you select your banner you go into the show episodes? This would give you a second screen with much more real estate to play with for all the fly-outs/tabs/episodes/seasons . . . . might be easier to get what everyone is looking for on the second screen.

Just my .02 from someone with no coding experience what so ever so i'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement.

~ Brian
from a coding POV its not significantly more difficult to code... however, plucky and i went back and forth for awhile with drill down vs no drill down. Personally i don't see a drill down interface as the future for TVE. one of the huge benefits of TVE (vs SMW or the Video Library) is its clean one page interface which groups and displays all the relevant information on one simple page... my $.02
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-30-2009, 06:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post

~ Brian
We talked about this over in the SMW screen I think for tv it is better situated on one screen like this a drill down type is still possible if you want to use smw for your tv (but I recomend not it is not coded for tv the ie episode names and such are not displayed neatly like this app and it doesn't do true season filtering unless your folder structure is setup that way).

This app is more meant to "like" malore with everything on one screen not a drilldown approach which like you I was against in the begining but after using it I think it is very functional for tv.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
What about flyout for the info? in other words there is no info on by default if you hit info while on a show the info would slide up and in from the episode panel?
that could work but i seem to always want to read the first little bit of the description (i spose it could be an option)....
EDIT: or make it an option to expand the info... by default its only the 1st 1 maybe 2 lines...then you can hit info and it will expand up and show the full detail... im thinking that may be the way to go.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
from a coding POV its not significantly more difficult to code... however, plucky and i went back and forth for awhile with drill down vs no drill down. Personally i don't see a drill down interface as the future for TVE. one of the huge benefits of TVE (vs SMW or the Video Library) is its clean one page interface which groups and displays all the relevant information on one simple page... my $.02
Understandable. Glad to hear it was at least considered. I agree with the desire to have a clean interface, I just though that with the volume of information that was to be displayed it might benefit from 2 pages to make it look less cluttered. Keep it up, can't wait to try the next rev's!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
one of the huge benefits of TVE (vs SMW or the Video Library) is its clean one page interface which groups and displays all the relevant information on one simple page... my $.02
amen
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Razr, can you post your java source code? I want to take a look at some weird behavior i'm seeing when I sort by season/episode.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Hey Razr, can you post your java source code? I want to take a look at some weird behavior i'm seeing when I sort by season/episode.
What are you seeing ?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorting imported videos by season/episode isn't working because they don't have an original airdate, just the date they were imported. They'ed either need to be sorted by season/episode numbers or the custom "ReleaseDate" metadata field.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

EP,
for imported videos, the jar takes the OriginalAirDate extra metadata string (2009-07-28) and converts it into a long timestamp (ms since 01-01-1970). For TV it uses the OriginalAirDate in the db. If the OriginalAirDate does not exist in the extra metadata properties it returns zero. I confirmed that this works for imported videos (with metadata collected from BMT). so i would check that your OriginalAirDate Metadata field matches the same format that BMT produces...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-30-2009, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Ahh, I didn't know Sean added that field. I'll have to check his code to see what else is in there is and update the known metadata field list.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ahh, I didn't know Sean added that field. I'll have to check his code to see what else is in there is and update the known metadata field list.
sounds good. I can't remember (at work so i cant verify) if the exact field is OriginalAirDate so it would be best to verify that...

Also if you havent already added it to the list you probably should add "MediaTags" to the list of known fields as well...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-30-2009, 02:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, i'm working up a new official list and i'll have Opus put it in a sticky thread. Since BMT is the gold standard i'm just going to base it off of that.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, i'm working up a new official list and i'll have Opus put it in a sticky thread. Since BMT is the gold standard i'm just going to base it off of that.
Where is this list? does it call the standard if so please call MediaTags as with ; seperators as discussed for instance ;tag1;;tag2;

maybe one day my wall with come out with these
Old 07-31-2009, 04:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

razrsharpe - just installed TV Explorer and at first glance it looks real good, big thumbs up (I am remoting in to my PC at home from work, so won't get the full effect until I am actually in front of my pc later tonight). I tried sifting through this thread but not sure if this was asked (apologies if it has been). Are there or will there be multiple views aside from the banner view (like SMW where you have a choice of several different views), or with TV Explorer are you locked in to banner view? Possibly an alternative view like the scrollable info list view in SMW in place of the banners? Just a thought, I have never really used the banner view for my tv shows in the past, so maybe I am not just used to it yet.

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 07-31-2009, 06:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Are there or will there be multiple views aside from the banner view (like SMW where you have a choice of several different views), or with TV Explorer are you locked in to banner view?
If you don't like the banners (i didn't either at first but after using them for a bit its so much better ) do the following:
  1. TVEOptions -> Main -> Load Defaults
  2. TVEOptions -> Browser -> Group Rows Double Height -> Disabled
  3. TVEOptions -> Browser ->Display Banner -> Disabled
  4. You can also adjust the Group Rows and Episode Rows at the same Options Menu.
After adjusting those options you should get something like the attached screenshot.

At this point i am not planning on including any other views. If you check out my post here you can see a mockup of the current UI incarnation. In the picture attached to that post i could add a poster view (in place of the banners) if there is enough desire for it. But personally i think that would make navigation more difficult (you would need to nav left/right and up/down rather then just up/down to change groups) so there would have to be significant desire from people for such a view for me to undertake that. Right now its about getting all the functionality in there (advanced searching/filtering, filter-sets, easing the navigation, usability, etc).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVE_Nobanners.jpg (105.2 KB, 219 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-31-2009, 06:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If you don't like the banners (i didn't either at first but after using them for a bit its so much better ) do the following:
  1. TVEOptions -> Main -> Load Defaults
  2. TVEOptions -> Browser -> Group Rows Double Height -> Disabled
  3. TVEOptions -> Browser ->Display Banner -> Disabled
  4. You can also adjust the Group Rows and Episode Rows at the same Options Menu.
After adjusting those options you should get something like the attached screenshot.

At this point i am not planning on including any other views. If you check out my post here you can see a mockup of the current UI incarnation. In the picture attached to that post i could add a poster view (in place of the banners) if there is enough desire for it. But personally i think that would make navigation more difficult (you would need to nav left/right and up/down rather then just up/down to change groups) so there would have to be significant desire from people for such a view for me to undertake that. Right now its about getting all the functionality in there (advanced searching/filtering, filter-sets, easing the navigation, usability, etc).
Thanks for the quick response, I will take a crack at your suggestions

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 07-31-2009, 09:09 AM
Sage User

Thanks

Hey Guys,

You did a Great Job TVE is what I was looking for.
I looking forward to have available the nice improvements that are in development.

Thanks !!
Asus P5N-D, C2Q Q9400, 4 GB mem, 6 TB HDD in FreeNAS, ATI HD5750, PVR-150, LG Blu-ray / HD DVD Combo Drive, TVA HDTV, Harmony 555, Speakers JBL e Infinity, Yamaha RX-V3900, Samsumg 19" LCD, Samsumg Plasma 42", SageTV HD200, Arcsoft TMT, KL mega codec pack, EventGhost, Windows 7