SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-18-2009, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

no worries. It turns out the system that doesn't have the property DOES have UAC turned off. I wasn't aware it actually checked for the UAC before making it's decision. The system that WAS having the problem pre-setting does have UAC, with Sage in it's own folder.

Also, Are there any plans in the works to make sage into a more UAC compliant platform? Moving configuration, data and STV type info into user space and out of program space? It HAS been the recommended method for many years (was actually recommended by Microsoft prior to Windows XP).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 11-18-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Sage Icon

I installed the latest STV update, and am running SageMC latest build. As soon as I installed the STV update via SageMC, i am having problems with horrible stuttering on my Blu-Ray playbacks.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Is there a way to revert to the previous STV?

Thanks.

Last edited by PiX64; 11-18-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

There's is almost no way a STV update could affect that, i'm guessing your problem lies elsewhere.

edit: Actually, if this is a PC client, try re-selecting your decoder/renderer, those might have gotten messed up somehow.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
I installed the latest STV update, and am running SageMC latest build. As soon as I installed the STV update via SageMC, i am having problems with horrible stuttering on my Blu-Ray playbacks.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Is there a way to revert to the previous STV?

Thanks.
As EP says that shouldn't affect your video playing. A backup of the previous SageTV3.xml should be made in the STVs\SageTV directory with a rename like SageTV3.xml.2009102001. Just rename it and get rid ot the trailing numbers.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Sage Icon

OK thanks guys. The only other thing i changed was i put 2 more blu rays on my NAS which leaves me with 29GB free, and im wondering if something goofy is happening like the nas doesn't have enough space to buffer the 30+GB file for bluray...maybe not but its all i could come up with.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Downloadable Update: STV v6.6.2.23, 2009112501

A downloadable STV update is available -- go to Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Check for STV Update.

The v6.6.1/v6.6.2 STV file set 2009111701 will be updated to version 2009112501, updating the default STV with these changes:

6.6.2.23 -- 2009112501
  1. Hidden: malore menus: fixed sort methods and fixed issue causing high memory usage.

Note: If you are using Vista, the STV update option may not be available. If you are unable to use the downloadable STV update within the SageTV v6.6.2 UI, you can manually install the update:
  1. Download the update file:
    2009112501.zip

2. Make backup copies of this file: SageTV3.xml, found in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3

3. Unzip the file to your SageTV install directory where SageTV.exe is located, making sure to preserve the zip file's directory structure. This will overwrite SageTV3.xml in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3. Make sure the updated file does not end up in Vista's VirtualStore.

4. Restart SageTV or reload the default STV (SageTV3.xml) in the SageTV UI at Detailed Setup -> Advanced.

The STV version will be listed in System Information as v6.6.2.23.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am running latest SageTv, SageMC and latest Phoenix (1.44).

I am running on Vista 64 but have UAC disabled and changed the SageTV properties so that I can see and perform the updates within SageTV.

I am having the issue where the SageTv version in the display does not change to the update one. The update appears to have been properly updated because if I check for updates it indicates that none are available.

I was running 6.6.2.18, and had just updated to 6.6.2.19 without the version # changing, and Phoenix 1.42 when I read about the issue being caused by Phoenix and resolved by 1.44.

I installed 1.44 and have since applied the two further updates including today's but my version still reads 6.6.2.18. Is the display issue just that a display issue and is not affecting anything else? In any event, what is fastest way to get rid of the issue?

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Administrator

This STV update is done while using SageTV3.xml as your STV and the version number is checked in the System Information menu while using SageTV3.xml.

All customizations issues should be dealt with in the customizations forum.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Downloadable Update: STV v6.6.2.24, 2009120901

A downloadable STV update is available -- go to Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Check for STV Update.

The v6.6.1/v6.6.2 STV file set 2009112501 will be updated to version 2009120901, updating the default STV with these changes:

6.6.2.24 -- 2009120901
  1. Added support for 1080p option for YouTube videos.

Note: If you are using Vista, the STV update option may not be available. If you are unable to use the downloadable STV update within the SageTV v6.6.2 UI, you can manually install the update:
    2009120901.zip

2. Make backup copies of this file: SageTV3.xml, found in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3

3. Unzip the file to you SageTV install directory where SageTV.exe is located, making sure to preserve the zip file's directory structure. This will overwrite SageTV3.xml in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3. Make sure the updated file does not end up in Vista's VirtualStore.

4. Restart SageTV or reload the default STV (SageTV3.xml) in the SageTV UI at Detailed Setup -> Advanced.

The STV version will be listed in System Information as v6.6.2.24.

- Andy
Old 12-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Help! I went to add the Hulu Application and somehow (read fumble fingers) deleted it. Is there a way to get it back into the Online menu? Can I just manually install the last STV update?

Last edited by SkierHiker; 12-12-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkierHiker View Post
Help! I went to add the Hulu Application and somehow (read fumble fingers) deleted it. Is there a way to get it back into the Online menu? Can I just manually install the last STV update?
You can set this property:
ui/OnlineVideo/Hulu/EnableGetDesktopAppOption property=true

All that does, though, is enable the option to ask if you want to launch a browser to get the Hulu app. You can download & install it yourself outside of SageTV, though, at: http://www.hulu.com/labs/hulu-desktop

- Andy
Old 01-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
3) In the default STV, go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Check for STV Update. If there are any updates, download them. After downloading an update, check to see if there is another update. Repeat until there are no more updates. There is a sticky topic in this forum covering any recent STV updates.
This option does not exist for me, and going to the Info screen confirms that my online services are out of date (STV file set version is 2009072401 and the online videos version is 2009100201) . Any suggestions for where the "Check for STV Update" might live? This is for a brand new installation of 6.6.2.218.

Thanks

* merged *
Old 01-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Sage Icon

SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 01-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Sage User

I found the answer in the user guide. However the solution is incomprehensible to me. What's a VirtualStore? How do I "set a property"? I'll keep reading the user manual and hope the answer is there.

Note: The option to check for an STV update will not be available on Windows Vista systems if UAC is enabled in the registry. If you are certain that the VirtualStore will not be used when SageTV saves new files, then the option can be restored by setting this property: version/allow_Vista_STV_updates=true
Old 01-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen1024 View Post
I found the answer in the user guide. However the solution is incomprehensible to me. What's a VirtualStore? How do I "set a property"? I'll keep reading the user manual and hope the answer is there.

Note: The option to check for an STV update will not be available on Windows Vista systems if UAC is enabled in the registry. If you are certain that the VirtualStore will not be used when SageTV saves new files, then the option can be restored by setting this property: version/allow_Vista_STV_updates=true
Windows Vista and Windows 7 introduced additional security features. One of these features is called User Account Control (UAC). In Vista, UAC can be set to On or Off. In Win7 there are 4 settings (basically High, Med, Low, or Off, but they label them a little differently than that).

If UAC is Enabled, Windows will nag at you with additional pop-up warnings when you try to do a lot of things like when you launch a program or try to change many system settings. You may notice that when these UAC warnings pop-up the screen dims.

Also, if UAC is enabled, Windows attempts to protect files stored in the Program Files directory. So, when a program tries to modify something (for example the sage.properties file stored in c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\), instead of allowing you to modify the actual file, Windows creates a virtual copy and stores it in another location called the virtual store. Each Windows user has their own virtual store (So if you have multiple usernames and passwords setup in Windows, each username has their own virtual store.

The whole purpose of this is to keep some unauthorized program (like a virus or spyware) from modifying important files for other programs (like your browser or an anti-virus program).

This virtual store stuff causes some confusion within Sage, because when you try to download program updates with UAC enabled, they get written to the virtual store for whichever user you are logged in as and then Sage has trouble finding the update files. So, for now, they disable the updating if you have UAC enabled.

If you install Sage someplace outside of the Program Files folder, Windows doesn't use the virtual store. So, it should be safe to set version/allow_Vista_STV_updates=true even with UAC enabled in that case.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
3) In the default STV, go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Check for STV Update. If there are any updates, download them. After downloading an update, check to see if there is another update. Repeat until there are no more updates. There is a sticky topic in this forum covering any recent STV updates.
I'm using the default STV and my versions match the current, but I do not have a 'Check for STV Update' option under my Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced.

Please Advise.

* merged; see above *
Old 01-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silky1 View Post
I'm using the default STV and my versions match the current, but I do not have a 'Check for STV Update' option under my Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced.

Please Advise.

* merged; see above *
You probably have UAC enabled. In this case the option will not be visible. I suggest the manual installation method. It's not very difficult and it's described in the first post in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
  3. Unzip the file to you SageTV install directory where SageTV.exe is located, making sure to preserve the zip file's directory structure. This will overwrite SageTV3.xml in <SageTV install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3. Make sure the updated file does not end up in Vista's VirtualStore.
The only thing I would add is that for me, I had to extract the files to my desktop (or another user owned directory) and then copy them to the destination folders. Trying to extract directly from my decompression program (WinRar) did not seem to work with UAC.
SageTV 6.6.2|SageMC 6.3.9b_24 (clients)|
3x HD-PVR (FiOS) - Firewire Tuning|1x HDHomeRun

Last edited by koan00; 01-10-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koan00 View Post
I suggest the manual installation method. It's not very difficult and it's described in the first post in this thread.
Skimmed over this thread a few times and can't seem to see if the "updates" are accumalitive (only the last one) or do I have to do all of them in order.

Sorry if I missed it!!!!!!!!!

I will be going to 6.6 from 6.5. Just D/L 6.6 from Sage.

Last edited by jerryb33; 01-17-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: more info
Old 01-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryb33 View Post
Skimmed over this thread a few times and can't seem to see if the "updates" are accumalitive (only the last one) or do I have to do all of them in order.

Sorry if I missed it!!!!!!!!!

I will be going to 6.6 from 6.5. Just D/L 6.6 from Sage.
They are cumulative. Just install 6.6 and then the latest STV update.
SageTV 6.6.2|SageMC 6.3.9b_24 (clients)|
3x HD-PVR (FiOS) - Firewire Tuning|1x HDHomeRun
Old 01-17-2010, 11:35 AM
SageTVaholic

If I'm not mistaken they are NOT cumulative. It will apply the STV updates starting with what you have and will apply each update version. Pay attention to the messages you receive after you update because you may be required to press the update button again.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.