SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Sage User

Selecting a Blu-Ray Movie Playlist with HD200

I'm trying to watch the BD movie "WATCHMEN" on my HD200.

When I press Play from the DVD/BD list in the VIDEOS list, it plays the directors comments version of the movie (which I don't want).

I used ClownBD to look at the structure of the BD and there are two playlists on the BD disk. I'm assuming one is the Directors comments version and the other is the Theatrical version (which is the one I want to watch).

Is there a way to select the desired BD Playlist I want to watch with the HD200? Or do I need to use ClownBD to strip the content I want?

Hopefully, there's a way to just select the correct playlist. Using ClownBD is a very time and resource consuming just to watch a movie.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage picks the longest one. At the moment if that's not the one you want, you'll have to use something else to strip the ones you don't want, or I think somebody mentioned just deleting the plst file for the playlist you don't want.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Sage picks the longest one. At the moment if that's not the one you want, you'll have to use something else to strip the ones you don't want, or I think somebody mentioned just deleting the plst file for the playlist you don't want.
Thanks for the reply.

That sounds like my problem. The playlist with the directors comments is about 20 minutes longer than the other one.

At first I thought it might be the playlist's file name. I'd have to look again to be sure, but I think the directors comments one was 100.plst and the regular one is 101.plst. So I was thinking it picked 100.plst by default.

I'd have to copy the whole BD to my hard drive to delete the plst file. But I think it's worth a try and it would probably be easier than stripping the movie with ClownBD.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

well, you DO have the option of just ripping the main feature form the disc, and treating it like any simple video file. This would save some space, skip the disc menu, and just allow you to browse to the file to play it. Still, you're looking at something like 18gb for an average BluRay main feature.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
well, you DO have the option of just ripping the main feature form the disc, and treating it like any simple video file. This would save some space, skip the disc menu, and just allow you to browse to the file to play it. Still, you're looking at something like 18gb for an average BluRay main feature.
Copying the whole disk to my hard drive and then removiing the unwanted playlist did work and allowed me to watch the theatrical version of the movie.

Instead of copying or ripping the movie from the BD disk, I guess I was thinking more along the line of being able to select the desired playlist on the disk and play the .mts files that are referenced in the playlist.

That way I wouldn't need to copy or rip the movie files to watch it.

Even though I have no initimate knowledge of DVD or BD menu structures, I think what I would like to do as being similar to selecting the VIDEO_TS.VOB file that's on a regular DVD which will in turn play the whole disk.

Currently I can list all the BD playlist files contained on my BD disk, but when I press enter or play on the desired playlist, it onlys gives me the option to copy the file (no option to play it).

Anyways I was able to watch the movie without having to buy a BD player, so that's good.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I think this is the next improvement sage is planning on making in regards to BD playback, is selecting playlists.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I think this is the next improvement sage is planning on making in regards to BD playback, is selecting playlists.
Right On!!

Great minds think alike!!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

At least, we hope it is....
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

still hoping.................
Old 11-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
fuzzy, i saw in a separate post that u use anydvd. do you use anydve to rip your blu-ray discs? i do but i rip to iso which gets the whole disk. how do you get just the main feature?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacevich View Post
fuzzy, i saw in a separate post that u use anydvd. do you use anydve to rip your blu-ray discs? i do but i rip to iso which gets the whole disk. how do you get just the main feature?
I use ClownBD
It let's you select and rip a selected playlist to either files or iso. You can also use it to do some basic transcoding too.

Works great for my needs. (ignore the goofy name, it's just a silly inside joke to spoof "Clone DVD" and its non-existent ability to rip Bluray).
Old 12-04-2009, 09:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacevich View Post
I just rip the whole disc (I like the menus and BD-live and such). I don't use the HD-200 for playback though... I use TMT3.