SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Sage Expert

Missing two pane view for sage recordings

What happened? First you couldn't wrap around the two-pane view and now it is gone?!? I'd rather have it with the bugs.

Guys, this is big, IMO. If you have two tuners, IR, and 300gigs of space, the two-pane view is usability feature.

Not having hit really impacts on Sage, especially after having it for almost two months.

Put it back.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Sage User

Hi All

I agree I would rather have it with the bugs then to give it up all together. I really like to control it gives me in selecting what to watch.

.15 is a great build I love having my mouse controls back and it PQ seems to be better.

Thanks Chris
Old 03-29-2004, 11:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hearing some good things about .15 but I would hate to give up this feature, so I guess I'm sticking with .14 for now.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:37 AM
Sage Expert

Note to Jeff: Troops are restless, better put out a .15b w/ the two pane restored.

DFA
Old 03-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Sage User

Anyone care to explain the two pane feature to me? I never remembered seeing it and already went to .15 last night. Was it only used for dual tuner systems? I only have one tuner. Screenshots available? Anyone...? Bueller..?
Old 03-30-2004, 12:02 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

I wanted to address the removal of the two-pane recording view so it's clear why the decision was made. This was a menu design we were trying to incorporate from one of our private testers and when we implemented it, there were still some issues. We have not had time to solve those issues so for the 2.0 release this feature has been removed because there are known bugs related to this menu. I apologize if anyone felt misled by this menu being in the application but it's at the top of our list to add after the 2.0 release. This also holds true for the Browse by Category menu that was removed.

Dan
Old 03-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

chako, it has nothing to do with dual tuners. It showed two linked tables, the table on the left had the show names and the table on the right listed the episodes for the show selected on the left. In version .14, it didn't refresh properly when shows were deleted and it was easy to get stuck in the right hand table and not be able to navigate back to the left hand table.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Dan,
I think a good compromise would be to have a line a user could manually add to the Sage.properties to enable "experimental features", such as the two pane view.

Last edited by malore; 03-30-2004 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by malore
Dan,
I think a good compromise would be to have a line a user could manually add to the Sage.properties to enable "experimental features", such as the two pane view.
Indeed. I completely understand the decision to remove the feature for the public unveiling.

However, this is such a useful feature, that an enabling with the property file could let people(ie hardcore or beta testers who are used to it) try if out if they so desire, without exposing the rest of the world.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm.....if it was a design from a test user, it must have been done with studio. That means we will be able to do it when its released.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Sage User

I also really miss the two pane recordings screen.

Having it as a property based feature sounds like a great idea to get around the support issues.

As a side node, I did not see the removal mentioned in the release notes. Did I miss it or did Frey miss it?
Old 03-30-2004, 02:14 PM

"some features listed in 2.0.14 as being in the final release were dropped due to time contraints"

Does not mention it specifically though.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Sage Expert

Why not drop pvr-350 support too? There are still bugs in that depending on chipset despite the ALL bugs are fixed retoric we are hearing. Oh..thats right, that would effect sales as this is a major selling point...just hope they put the tested chipsets somewhere new buyers can see it or tough luck.

Deadbolt
Old 03-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Sage User

I too would rather have it with bugs rather than have it without.

Could I at least get a nice alphabetized view of my Sage Recordings? When you have 250GB of Intelligent Recordings, it's a serious pane to find out if you have any Stargate SG1 to watch. You have to scroll through the entire 250GB worth of recordings!

-Ted
Old 03-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Sage Icon

Deadbolt, you are going overboard with this complaining crap. Either beta test with the features provided and make feature suggestions or stop using the product. Its getting old to see your comments in every thread.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:26 AM
Sage Expert

Tough luck. I am beta testing with .15...as much as I hate it I have not reverted back. I am making feature suggestions with .15. Get over it. Go sip some more Frey coolaid.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:33 AM
Sage Icon

heh heh I think thats Koolaid. And what kind of saying is that anyway???

Anyway, I was tired after working 24hrs straight. Your posts just started to get on my nerves. I normally would no have posted something like that.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Does "sipping somebody's koolaid" refer to the practice of surreptitiously lacing such drinks with LSD?
Old 03-31-2004, 07:34 AM
Administrator

I always thought it referred to the Jim Jones cult that ended with a round of cyanide laced Koolaid for all.... don't know if it actually predates that, though.

I sometimes go "ack!" at a few of the changes in the beta, but their Koolaid hasn't knocked me out of it completely yet... and I wouldn't have known what I was missing when the 2-pane view was taken out if I hadn't been beta testing. On the other hand, some of the changes, that I didn't like initially, ended up growing on me & now I like them. Oh... the 2-pane view might have been one of those.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:16 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by malore
Dan,
Good idea, this will be done for the V2 release. You'll be able to add back the 2-pane view with a properties file setting.