SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Table question

I'm currently trying to do a vertically arranged scrollable table with horizontal dividers between each focusable element.

These horizontal dividers will be images, but I've been looking carefully at this, and haven't found a working way to do this.

The dividers really need to scroll with the table items in order for things to look correct, and I need to insure that dividers are only displayed between visible elements.

Is this even feasible with the core-provided Table widget?

Looking at the sage predefined local variables, it doesn't appear that any of the variables allow me to find out if a given element is currently visible, or it's current display position; only if it's focused or not. I also looked at NumPages, VScrollIndex, and TableRow, but they don't provide enough detail to compute if an element is currently visible, or not.

So- is what I'm looking to do feasible with the built-in table control, or am I going to have to cobble my own deal together, and animate the elements individually?

If it's doable- either a pointer in the right direction, or just a pointer at some STV doing this would be much appreciated.

Otherwise, I'll buckle down and do this the obnoxious way.

Cheers
Ikarius

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients
Old 09-01-2009, 05:57 AM
SageTVaholic

It is doable if I understand your question the right way. Sage Tables are much more versatile than people give them credit for. I am just trying to understand better what you are doing are you wanting the same picture below each element or is this say a fanart banner that changes with each element? What exactly are you having trouble with? You could easy do a vertical alignment on the table cells and have text on the top and picture on the bottom and it will scroll with the table.

The TableRow,Numrows etc can be very useful for figuring out your current focused location in a table and figuring out other elements with addition and subtraction but it gets tricky quick. The best way I have found it to use an array in a table and use "FindElementIndex".

cheers,

pluckyhd
Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Administrator

It sounds like you just want to display the divider at the bottom of each item displayed in the table, except for the one currently displayed at the bottom.

You can use VScrollIndex to find the first visible item displayed & determine the last one using that value to adjust TableRow, then see if the current item's row is the last one by comparing to NumRowsPerPage. If there is more than 1 column, there is just more math to do.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
It sounds like you just want to display the divider at the bottom of each item displayed in the table, except for the one currently displayed at the bottom.

You can use VScrollIndex to find the first visible item displayed & determine the last one using that value to adjust TableRow, then see if the current item's row is the last one by comparing to NumRowsPerPage. If there is more than 1 column, there is just more math to do.

- Andy
Yes take a look at some of the math on the tables in SMW to get an idea if you want. Like Andy said you can pretty much can any location in any table if you get the math right. Andy suggested to me a long time ago to make just a blank black table and put TableRow,VScroll,HScroll etc etc in the cells to get an idea on how to do the math. That has come in handy multiple times. The only tricky part if you will is if you wrap you get into negatives sometimes and have to adjust the formula for the wrapping section of the table.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sonofagun.....

Opus- thanks. I had even played with VScrollIndex and concluded it was doing something I couldn't use.

Problem solved.

Cheers
Ikarius

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients