SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Tables and animation

Hey folks,
I'm attempting to use a table and do a fixed-focus navigation model.

Unfortunately, when I use EnsureVisibilityForVariable and SetFocusForVariable, the table's normal animation (smooth transitions between display positions) no longer happens- the table simply "jumps" from position to position. I haven't yet found a way to convince it to do otherwise- so far I've played with the order of my API calls, setting an animation layer in the table, adding an animation and calling refresharea, none with useful effect.

Anyone know if it's possible to convince a table to do fixed focus while still animating the movements between positions?

If not, I'll likely be requesting this from Sage

Cheers
Ikarius

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients
Old 09-04-2009, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarius View Post
Hey folks,
I'm attempting to use a table and do a fixed-focus navigation model.

Unfortunately, when I use EnsureVisibilityForVariable and SetFocusForVariable, the table's normal animation (smooth transitions between display positions) no longer happens- the table simply "jumps" from position to position. I haven't yet found a way to convince it to do otherwise- so far I've played with the order of my API calls, setting an animation layer in the table, adding an animation and calling refresharea, none with useful effect.

Anyone know if it's possible to convince a table to do fixed focus while still animating the movements between positions?

If not, I'll likely be requesting this from Sage

Cheers
Ikarius
Yes

How I do it is below the table cell put a panel widget
Under that panel widget do math to determine your location in the table (ie row/column)
Example
TableRow-VScrollIndex
>"1"
>"2"

etc this allows you to draw each element of the table seperately with panel widgets. Then use a item widget where you want to center/allow focus. This will cause the table to scroll and keep focus where you want. As long as everything is on the same layer the table will animate with the scroll (smooth i think it what is does by default)

The other way it to use arrays and draw a "dummy" table persay and animate the transitions from one to the other.

cheers
Old 09-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Yes
Then use a item widget where you want to center/allow focus. This will cause the table to scroll and keep focus where you want. As long as everything is on the same layer the table will animate with the scroll (smooth i think it what is does by default)
How would you change the default animation of a table from Smooth to Morph?

I've looked at the tutorials (more Specifically Tutorial 17 – Core-Based Animations, page 131 /132) and searched the forums but can't see how you can specify a different table animation other than the table layer.

Cheers

Ben
Old 09-14-2009, 05:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
How would you change the default animation of a table from Smooth to Morph?

I've looked at the tutorials (more Specifically Tutorial 17 – Core-Based Animations, page 131 /132) and searched the forums but can't see how you can specify a different table animation other than the table layer.

Cheers

Ben

I don't think you can using the tables one of the limitations