SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
HDHomeRun seems to have stopped working

I have an HDHomeRun that was working great. I havent really used it since my football season ended last year. Now when I try to view the channels with the HDHomeRun QuickTV app or from SageTV, it says no signal.

I supposed it related to the digital switch over...Im trying to figure out the easiest/best way to get it working again from SageTV.

I am going to start by getting it working on a client PC, with the HDHomeRun QuickTV app. I mean if I cant see any tv from their app, how will it ever work from SageTV :-O

Any thoughts on what I can do. Its NFL time again, and I want to record my NFL games in HD again.

BTW, I use the HDHomeRun with an over the air antenna on the roof. And I can see the channels fine from my TV which has an ATSC tuner in it...just not from this QuckTV app and not from sage.
booo hooo

Thanks
Old 09-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Sage Icon

Use this link to determine if it is still under warranty http://www.silicondust.com/warranty. I believe it will also tell you if it has a possible bad power supply issue.

I would recommend you download and install the current silicondust software. You need to be able to view the channel using the HDHomeRun QuickTV app before you should even consider the Sage Software. You probably do need to do a new channel scan, A lot of channels did move during the digital switch over. Did you do a channel scan with your TV since the digital switch over? Once you are able to view the channels using the HDHR software, then you should do a new channel scan using the Sage software. I would expect everything would be working correctly again.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Check that you're using the latest firmware/software for the HDHR. Also if that is the case you need to be using the newest release version of SageTv also.
Since you can see OTA I'll bet that is the problem.

Are any lights on looking at your HDHR? Have you tried power cycling it? Does the HDHR config program see your HDHR?