SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

DVD navigation missing icons

Hello All,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out.

Recently, I've been watching quite a few DVDs through the SageTV interface. However, for some reason, I'm not seeing the icon next to the selected menu option in the DVD.

For example, if I put in one of the BSG DVDs, I get a menu with options like "Play All Episodes", "Episode Selection", "Audio", etc. However, when I use my remote to select an item in the list, there is no indication as to which item I have selected.

However, when I play the DVD in XBMC, I can see that there is supposed to be a little red underline as I select each item.

I've tried this in SageMC as well as the default STV and I see the problem in both cases. I have no idea what would cause this but it's REALLY annoying.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had a similar issues years ago that I posted about here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27687

In my particular case, it was the combination of decoders I was using on Vista with Overlay. I was able to resolve the issue by switching to vmr9 (evr was not available at the time) and turning off inverse telecine on my nvidia control panel.

Don't know what your setup looks like, but you could try playing with your decoder/graphics settings and see if you could get the dvd icons showing up again.

Cheers!