SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ctrl-z to sleep, what to wake?

I can't seem to get SageTV from the sleep (icon in taskbar) mode back to full screen without a mouse and clicking on the icon (which is a pain). I did see a thread that had stuff to add to the remote.ini, it seemed to work if I restarted the ir software, but in general it will not. Any hints?
Old 04-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Did you add the {mode(Default)} command after {ctrl}z for the GRNPOWER command in teh [SageTV] section?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I follwed these directions:

"3) To use the Hauppauge remote to sleep & wake SageTV, edit your irremote.ini file (in your Windows sirectory). In the [Default] section, set:

GRNPOWER={run(DriveLetter:\<sagetvpath>\SageTV\SageTV.exe)}{mode(SageTV)}

Obviously, you would use your drive letter & path to the SageTV directory. Then, in the [SageTV] section, set:

GRNPOWER={ctrl}z{mode(Default)}"

Other thread...
Old 04-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Administrator

I would double-check your ini file, then. That's exactly what I use (and wrote) & it should work. I just tried it w/SageTV set for full screen & turned off the SageTV screen saver on sleep (otherwise it won't go to the systray when you sleep it while full screen) and had no problems.

Edit -- Oh, as I mentioned to someone else recently, make sure you changed the GRNPOWER command in the [SageTV] section, not some other section. [SageTV] is not the last one in the file...

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Those settings look correct. Are you sure it is seeing the path correctly? I had a problem in XP that it didn't like the space in between "program files". I believe I ended up adding the sage directory to the path within the environment settings and changed my ini to look like:

GRNPOWER={run(sagetv.exe)}{mode(sagetv)}

In XP, you can go to control panel\system\advanced\environment variables

In the bottom, you will have a path statement, you can edit it and add the sage directory to the end

Hope that helps.

Dennis
Old 04-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I used the "/Progra~1/" type convention. Anything else would complain about priogram not found.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible another app has focus when I think I'm just at the desktop, thus I'm not really in "Default"? I triple checked all the lines, but the wake up only works after I run the "irstart" app.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

The power off to screen saver works fine (both to and back), does this sleep mode stop recording the current channel like the taskbar mode? If so, good enough for me. thanks.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Administrator

This would be the behaviour I would expect if it never got switched away from SageTV mode, either by exiting SageTV by clicking on the Sleep button or by not having the ini switch modes for you. Um... are you using the "Sleep Mode" button on the main menu?

You've checked that you really edited [SageTV] & not [SageRecorder Video]?

If the mode switches are in the right places, it _shouldn't_ matter what has the focus after you exit SageTV & the mode is forced back to Default, but you could try clicking on the desktop to see what happens after that. There could still be a focus issue.

Perhaps upload your ini file & I'll look at it.

- Andy

Last edited by Opus4; 04-01-2004 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't see an option to attach a file. So here are the two relevent parts. I also put the sage dir in my path, justin case.

[Default]
OLD0=
0=
1=
2=
3=
4=
5=
6=
7=
8=
9=
TV={close(radio.exe)}{sleep(750)}{run(wintv2k.exe)}
SOURCE={switch(*task*)}{shift}{tab}
MINIMIZE=
FULLSCREEN={alt}{space}x
RESERVED=
GRNPOWER={run(SageTV.exe)}{mode(SageTV)}

[SageTV]
8={numpad8}
VOLDOWN={ctrl}{left}
REWIND={ctrl}a
TV={ctrl}v
6={numpad6}
VOLUP={ctrl}{right}
4={numpad4}
CHNLDOWN={ctrl}{down}
RESERVED={ctrl}{shift}s
FUNC={ctrl}i
RADIO={home}
3={numpad3}
9={numpad9}
1={numpad1}
BLUE={ctrl}w
0={numpad0}
REC={ctrl}y
MENU={home}
OK={enter}
GO={ctrl}x
FULLSCREEN={ctrl}{shift}f
PLAY={ctrl}d
YELLOW={ctrl}o
GREEN={ctrl}k
7={numpad7}
SOURCE={enter}
CHNLUP={ctrl}{up}
5={numpad5}
SKIPREV={f5}
MUTE={ctrl}{shift}m
BACK={ctrl}v
SKIPFWD={f6}
FASTFWD={ctrl}f
2={numpad2}
PAUSE={ctrl}s
STOP={ctrl}g
RED={ctrl}j
MINIMIZE={ctrl}f
GRNPOWER={ctrl}z{mode(Default)
Old 04-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd33
I don't see an option to attach a file. So here are the two relevent parts.
After pressing the Reply or Quote button... below the box where you type your message is a section titled: "Attach file:".

Anyway, it looks OK, except for one line & I'm not sure if that is a problem in your file or in the cut & paste process:
Quote:
GRNPOWER={ctrl}z{mode(Default)
There is no closing } bracket listed here. If this is it, it fits my description about the mode switch not getting set after sleeping SageTV. It would work when using full screen with screen saver enabled because you never left the SageTV mode & ctrl+z is a key press that wakes it. If this isn't it... I'm starting to get stumped.

BTW -- the mode switches are not _absolutely_ needed, but they help keep the remote in order when other programs have the focus, especially when SageTV isn't running. I think it causes more problems when they are not used, but you could always try removing them to see how you like it.

- Andy
Old 04-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think I just missed the last bracket in the cut, since it was the end.

" It would work when using full screen with screen saver enabled because you never left the SageTV mode & ctrl+z is a key press that wakes it."

Does sleep to screen saver have the same effect? Does Sage stop buffering the current channel and just record upcoming scheduled recordings? If so, this works for me, but I don't want to buffer TV 24/7...
Old 04-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd33
Does sleep to screen saver have the same effect? Does Sage stop buffering the current channel and just record upcoming scheduled recordings?
Yes, it puts it to sleep & stops recording LiveTV; scheduled recordings continue as usual.

- Andy
Old 04-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Great, works for me. I won't worry about the resume from taskbar problem, since the screensaver is actually a better solution for a RPTV. Thanks for all your help Opus.

BTW, I'm really falling in love with Sage now that I have most everything working (MX-500 >> kb/m). The .15 beta is great, keep up the good work!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Now I'm curious... have you been doing all this with the MX-500? You taught the silver remote's button codes to the MX-500, right? Have you tried all this using the original remote instead, or is that also doing the same thing?

- Andy
Old 04-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ya, the original had the same issues...