SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Sage User

Saving my old DVD's to play in Sage

I have a old collection of DVDs and I want to rip and play them through my sage system and HD200 extender. The only problem is that no matter where I save the TS files, Sage will not find them when I select Videos from the main menu. Has anyone broken this code yet? If you know how to do this could you give me the key. The files run great in Windows Media and Nero Showtime.
HDHR, Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive
Old 09-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

You have to add the main folder that the ripped DVDs are in as an Media Center Import Directory marked as Video content. I'm not infront of Sage right now, but its in the Detailed Setup screen someplace. Then just rescan your import folders using the Refresh Imported Media option under the Setup menu.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Sage User

Yes I have done that many times. The files are stored on a USB drive and the directory is shared. I have used both internal Sage directory selection and have tried UNC selection with video selected as the type of file. I have about given up.
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive
Old 09-23-2009, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

You have BMT installed?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey115@gmail View Post
I have a old collection of DVDs and I want to rip and play them through my sage system and HD200 extender. The only problem is that no matter where I save the TS files, Sage will not find them when I select Videos from the main menu. Has anyone broken this code yet? If you know how to do this could you give me the key. The files run great in Windows Media and Nero Showtime.

All my DVD's are stored like this:

X:\Batman Begins\VIDEO_TS\<files here>
X:\Batman Begins\AUDIO_TS\ *empty folder

These then show up as DVD's when I import the X: drive.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Do you have the files organized per Appendix I of the manual?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Do you have the files organized per Appendix I of the manual?
Yes the files are organized per Appendix I. I have a 2TB USB drive I use for all recordings from Sage. It is designated in Windows as Drive S:
All TV programs are saved at S:/Sage Media/program name
All DVD are stored as S:/Movies/Movie Name/Video_TS/Files
S:/Sage Media is monitored

The TV shows show up just fine, but the DVDs are not show up in the MY Videos selection
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive

Last edited by Hornet; 09-26-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

How did you rip your movies?

I use AnyDVD HD and have used DVDShrink in the past and sage pick them up ok.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The TV shows show up just fine, but the DVDs are not show up in the MY Videos selection
You're using SageMC aren't you. You might want to double check your filters/settings, maybe ask in that forum about it.

Or you could try the default STV and look in the DVDs view. It sounds like they're probably importing fine, but SageMC is doing something funky.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Sage Icon

what i have done is to exclude the drive from the import media. let Sage run for a few more minutes to ensure that it has dropped the files from the database. then I stop sage service and ensure logging is turned on.

Restart Sage and then add back in the import directory. (it'll take a couple of minutes to scan all the media) I then look in the sage log for one of my DVD names, e.g., "Batman". the log will tell you if it's been successfully imported or if there was an error.

Some of these steps may be unnecessary, but it's worked for me.

Matt
Old 09-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Sage User

Did you ever answer Stanger on whether you are running BMT? If so, check out:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...porting+videos

<rip from a prior post>
Try closing everything down. Then open Sage.properties and edit the property bmt enabled = false. That way it will not automatically start. Load up Sage and try importing. Worked fine for me. Then you can close and re-enable BMT to get all the fan-art.
<>
Very annoying problem that hopefully will get fixed in the future.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
All TV programs are saved at S:/Sage Media/program name
All DVD are stored as S:/Movie Name/Video_TS/Files
Drive S is monitored
S:/Sage Media is monitored
Just to be sure I understand, you have S:\Sage Media configured as both a recording directory and an import directory?

You also have both S:\ and S:\Sage Media configured as import directories?

Neither of these is a recommended configuration. A given directory should be set up as either a recording directory or an import directory, but not both. Similarly, if you have a parent directory configured for import, you should not also configure subdirectories of it for import.

I'm also a bit leery about importing a drive's root directory, since there's OS-level stuff in there (recycle bins, temporary download folders, and so on) that Sage doesn't care about and probably shouldn't be monitoring.

What I'd do in your shoes is to create a DVD folder under the root, move all the ripped DVDs into that, and then configure that for import. (And also remove the recording directory from the import list, if you have it set up that way.) Then Refresh Imported Media and use the video browser in the stock UI to verify that things are being imported correctly.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loch View Post
Did you ever answer Stanger on whether you are running BMT? If so, check out:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...porting+videos

<rip from a prior post>
Try closing everything down. Then open Sage.properties and edit the property bmt enabled = false. That way it will not automatically start. Load up Sage and try importing. Worked fine for me. Then you can close and re-enable BMT to get all the fan-art.
<>
Very annoying problem that hopefully will get fixed in the future.
Your solution sounded great but I can not find and entry in the prop file that says BMT enabled=True. The closest I can come is "phoenix/mediametadata/mediaMetadataSupportClass=bmt.BMTMetadataSupport" I am a little leary of changing the property file if I am not sure of what I am doing. Is this the one you changed to false?
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive
Old 09-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Just to be sure I understand, you have S:\Sage Media configured as both a recording directory and an import directory?

You also have both S:\ and S:\Sage Media configured as import directories?
I'm sorry, I told you wrong. S:/Sage Media is my "Video Recording Directory" not an import directory. The path for the Import directory is S:/movies/movie name/TS_Folder.

Yes I am using BMT
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive
Old 09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm sorry, I told you wrong. S:/Sage Media is my "Video Recording Directory" not an import directory. The path for the Import directory is S:/movies/movie name/TS_Folder.
S:\movies needs to be your import directory.

Quote:
Yes I am using BMT
And I'd probably remove BMT until you get the DVDs importing.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Sage User

I don't know how to remove a plug-in. The only thing I can think of is to return to a previous SVT. I am using SageMC and at the present I am using SageMC_169-24. Is there a way to un-install these plugins?
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive
Old 09-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Your solution sounded great but I can not find and entry in the prop file that says BMT enabled=True. The closest I can come is "phoenix/mediametadata/mediaMetadataSupportClass=bmt.BMTMetadataSupport" I am a little leary of changing the property file if I am not sure of what I am doing. Is this the one you changed to false?

in Sage.properties, look for:

bmt/plugin/enabled=true

after stopping the service, change the above true to false. Save and restart the service. Load up the UI and try to reimport the directory if it doesn't already find it. If it doesn't find the files and the directory is listed in the import list, I would remove the entry. Close the UI and stop the service. Start everything back up again and then import fresh.

I noticed it can take Sage a while wiping and loading large collections so be patient.

Hope it helps
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't know how to remove a plug-in. The only thing I can think of is to return to a previous SVT. I am using SageMC and at the present I am using SageMC_169-24. Is there a way to un-install these plugins?
Yes-revert back to the SageMC that didn' have BMT imported. You may want to go back to just the original SageMC with no imports until you figure out your DVD issue. Like stanger said S:\movies needs to be your import directory. Remove what you have first, restart Sage or rescan you media directories. Than add the import directy S:\movies and either restart or rescan.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Sage User

"bmt/plugin/enabled=true"
I do not have this line in my Sage.properties file. Although I have the Metdata Batch Zip in my plugin zip directory, I must not have imported it. Fact of the matter is, I cannot play any DVD, either from my hard disk or from my optical drive. I think I will e-mail tech support at Sage for help. Thanks a lot for trying to help me. Fact of the matter is, everything else works great and I don't want to screw it all up.

Thanks
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive
Old 09-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I think I will e-mail tech support at Sage for help.
Don't contact support until you remove/disable all customizations & test using a default setup, because that's the first thing support will ask you to do before continuing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.