SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Sage User

Run command on sagetv server from extender

Ok, so this might be a longshot, or I just can't google these days. I have a hd100 and a htpc in another room for my two TVs. I would like to on the hd100, send it a command through IR that either, executes a piece of code somewhere in sage to an external device, run a program on the sage server for me. This is not for channel changing or controlling of ondemand. I'm trying to control my lights, but the device to control them is accessible through a webserver. I don't want to have to hook up a IR to RS232 adapter on the server to get this working. Both the server and extender sit next to each other (tv is 45ft away through HDMI). Is there anyway to do this?