SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Sage User

irremote, Harmony, and long hex codes

Hi all,

I've just purchased a Harmony remote and I've been reading Opus4's excellent guide to customising the irremote.ini file to work with multiple applications.

I'd like the Harmony to send additional codes beyond the 45 keys that exist on the silver Hauppauge remote. According to Andy's documentation, IRRemote.exe is capable of receiving 127 command codes for each system code. That's a lot more command codes than the 45 buttons on the remote; there's over 80 commands that could be used but currently aren't, and it's those 80 I want to take advantage of.

The problem I'm running into is adding these 80 extra commands into the Harmony remote. The easy way to add commands is to learn them from the source remote, however the whole point here is to utilise commands that the source remote doesn't send.

Apparently if you provide the RC5 codes in long hex format, the Logitech support team can add them into your Harmony profile.

Does anyone have the long hex format commands that can be received by IRRemote.exe? Alternatively, is there a way to translate the IRRemote.ini format to long hex? For example, to go from "system code 31, control code 53" (the PLAY button) into long hex format?

Any thoughts appreciated

Cheers
Buzzy
Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Sage Expert

Look in to Intelliremote.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Look in to Intelliremote.
Thanks, but that just replaces IRRemote.exe. It still leaves me with the same problem: how do I get the Harmony to learn some IR commands, when I don't have a remote that can send those commands to the Harmony?

I've just found some commands in Philips Pronto format, which I may be able to give to the Logitech support guys: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=80027
Old 10-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

buzzy

When I first got my Harmony 880 I went and found all my old remotes and was thinking I had to teach the Harmony 880 the codes from all the old remotes, but don't think that way, you don't need any old remotes.

The below quote is from my guide here: I connected EventGhost, SageTV, Foobar2000, and my Harmony 880 remote to my HTPC

Quote:
What we need right now is a piece of hardware that has plenty of IR commands for what we want to do, like fast forward, rewind, up, down, select and so forth, so I went to http://www.circuitcity.com/ then looked for a DVD recorder and VCR combo and then I picked the most expensive unit, I figured it would have the most IR commands, what we are looking for is a piece of equipment that you don’t already own this way none of the IR commands will conflict with the equipment that you already own, I picked the Panasonic DMR-EH75VS
take a look at the guide and see if it helps you understand how to get codes.

Scat

Server: Intel i7-930 CPU @ 2.8GHz , 300GB HD, 24GB DDR3, Win 10 64-bit, (2) 2TB HD for recording
Capture Devices: 2xHD Homerun Prime 3 (CableCard) = 6 Tuners (Spectrum, TV package: Select), 1xHauppauge WinTv 885 (4 tuners OTA), 1xHauppauge WinTv-7164 (2 tuners OTA), Schedules Direct EPG
NAS: Synology DS1618+ 26.2TB Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR)
Sage Add-ons: Comskip Plug-in
Eventghost 0.5.0-RC4, Java Version: 1.8.0_172 (32-bit), Harmony 880, USB-UIRT