SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can't copy files to removable device

Hello,

By default, when I plug a removable device (USB key) into my Sage client, it will open a dialogue box and ask me if I want to copy files to or from the removable device.

This works fine and dandy in the default STV. I can browse to a file on one of my SageTV shares and then I can choose to copy it to the device. Conversely, I can browse to the device and copy it to my sage shares.

However, when I try to do this in SageMC it gives me an error and the copy takes place.

The error is as follows:

"The File Copy Process is done

Result: Error: Error: java.io.IOException: Error opening remote file of
NON_MEDIA"

This is the error from my client debug log:

"Sat 5/23 14:13:43.550 Requested file copy of \\CAPRICA\SageTV\Compressed to E:\
Sat 5/23 14:13:43.554 Transfer requested for files src=\\CAPRICA\SageTV\Compressed dest=E:\
Sat 5/23 14:13:43.582 Dir copy from \\CAPRICA\SageTV\Compressed to E:\ is 2 files
Sat 5/23 14:13:43.588 Total size of original source files for xfer: 839891709
Sat 5/23 14:13:43.589 processOptionsMenu optionsMenu=default:PRQST-1231450|OptionsMenu:CopyInProgress
Sat 5/23 14:13:43.590 Copying \\CAPRICA\SageTV\Compressed\StarTrek-TheCage-696252-0.mp4 to E:\Compressed\StarTrek-TheCage-696252-0.mp4
Sat 5/23 14:13:43.603 processOptionsMenu optionsMenu=default:PRQST-1231503|OptionsMenu:CopyComplete"

As you can see, the log says that the copy was complete. However, it was MUCH too fast to actually do anything.

I filed this with Sage support and they identified that the issue was with SageMC (they had me disable the STV and everything worked as expected).

Is this something that we can resolve? I think it is a really slick feature.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

If no one has seen this issue is there anyway that I can look into it? I'm guessing that SageMC is just calling something incorrectly since it's working in the default STV.

Is it possible to further investigate this on my own? I'm not very familiar with coding for Sage but I have some programming experience.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, so I managed to copy the proper portions out of the existing STV. The file copy works properly but when the dialog shows up the windows are blank. Just the text shows up (making it very hard to click anything).

I'm making progress but still trying to figure things out. If I do manage to find a "fix" is there a place I can post it so that it can be included in the next SageMC release? Is this an open source project?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

I should be able to get this into the next pre-release.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I should be able to get this into the next pre-release.

Aloha,
Mike
Wow! That's great! Thanks for the help. If you don't mind, could you send me a PM with a summary of how you'll actually do this? I'm curious about studio and I think it'll help me learn.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Basically I just exported the contents of the StorageDeviceAdded hook from the default STV and imported it into a copy of the SageMC STV. Then after moving the new code in SageMC's StorageDeviceAdded hook, I went through and started replacing the themes with their equivalents in SageMC. I'm about halfway through this step.

I haven't had a chance to test anything yet beyond verifying that the file dialogs appear when they are supposed to. I'll have to dig out a flash drive to test it out over the weekend.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ahh

Ok, that makes sense. I tried exporting the hook and everything seemed to be working but the text was on a clear background. This made it really hard to select anything.

I'm guessing this was caused by me not changing the theme. Does this make sense?

Also, in the documentation I read that it's possible to set a default theme and have all dialogue boxes pick it up. Is SageMC using this functionality? I assumed it was so I assumed I wouldn't have to make any theme changes. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just tested on the latest and this is fixed. Thanks!