SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Sage User

Confused on addins

I've been trying to get Movie Wall going for the all day long until I think I'm confused enough to start all over. I thought I might surprise my wife but instead, I got so frustrated I lost points. hehe

I have a Mediasmart WHS server with Sage installed there. I installed SageMC a couple weeks ago and I think that it is working fine. Today I attempted to follow the directions for Movie Wall, but every step seemed to say doing something else first (phoenix, metadata, fanart etc.)

3 questions I think: 1)Is there a thread for specific order of these installs?

2)I have the phoenix download but not real sure how to install that

and most important since I think maybe my problem lies here 3) What should my directory structure look like after these installs?

I can't extract into the WHS. I have to extract first and then copy files to my program files/sagetv. In my many attempts today, I had quite a few overwrite questions and I just wasn't sure on some of them. (which means, for example, I have multiple jar folders etc)

Thank you for any help
Old 10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Sage Expert

Installing plugins that have prerequisites can be a bit daunting for the uninitiated. Not that this will help simplify the actual installation at all for you, but if you install the Jetty Starter (Jetty web server) and then install Batch Metadata Importer, that should be all you need to cover the phoenix, metadata, and fanart requirements. Also make sure you have the latest SageMC prerelease located one of the sticky posts at the top of the SageMC Custom Interface forum.

The Jetty Starter will work with BMI and allow you to use a web interface to monitor and configure BMI. BMI can scan your recordings and movies to fetch metadata and fanart. Installing the latest BMI v3.1 should cover everything you need dealing with phoenix, metadata, and fanart for SMW. The only recommendation I have would be to set your phoenix/fanart directory to somewhere on the WHS D: drive or set it up within one of the shares. If you have lots of recordings and movies, the fanart (posters, banners, and backgrounds) will eat up what little space you have on the WHS C: drive.

For .jar files, typically you should be safe overwriting older files with newer files...but you may want to consider backing up the entire SageTV folder before starting any major configuration changes just to be safe. If you get totally lost and things get out of hand, you can always abandon your effort and copy back the old backed up SageTV folder to restore your setup the way it was...no harm, no foul.

<edit> I'll also mention that you should probably only make these kinds of major changes when there is a break in your recording schedule. Copying a backup back over to restore your setup could result in some recordings getting moved from the Recordings area to the Imported Videos area if any recordings were made bewteen the time you made the backup and the time you restored from the backup. </edit>

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters

Last edited by robogeek; 10-13-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Sage User

Thank you very much for the explanations. Going to tackle this again now.

I'm still not quite sure about one small piece: the directory structure I need.

I'll try to explain better. I may even have SageMC incorrect.

In my program files, naturally I have a SageTV folder. Inside that is the jars folder, the stvs folder, etc. My SageMC and jetty are back up one folder. Which means that SageMC has it's own jars folder and Sage has it's own.

Should I have put all the files of SageMC inside Sage? and SageMC's jars inside Sage's jars folder? Similarly, should the jetty files be inside Sage? (meaning webapps at the same level as channelLogos?)

Thanks again for the help!!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrophenia View Post
Thank you very much for the explanations. Going to tackle this again now.

I'm still not quite sure about one small piece: the directory structure I need.

I'll try to explain better. I may even have SageMC incorrect.

In my program files, naturally I have a SageTV folder. Inside that is the jars folder, the stvs folder, etc. My SageMC and jetty are back up one folder. Which means that SageMC has it's own jars folder and Sage has it's own.

Should I have put all the files of SageMC inside Sage? and SageMC's jars inside Sage's jars folder? Similarly, should the jetty files be inside Sage? (meaning webapps at the same level as channelLogos?)

Thanks again for the help!!
Yes you shouldn't have sepearte jars and such subfolders in sagemc

always extract addins and such in the default sagetv\sagetv folder even sagemc needs to be extracted in that folder.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Sage User

ok, that has to be a lot of my problems. Starting from scratch with the sage original backup. Thank you