SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question about SMW

I got a couple quick questions regarding SMW. My setup is like this:

G:\Media\Movies\MovieTitle\MovieTitle.ext
G:\Media\TV Shows\Show\Season\Episode.ext

At what point does SMW kick in? Right after you select My Videos? If that is the case, is it going to add my TV shows, and everything that is not a movie to the movie wall? Also, if that is how it works, can I make a seperate Main Menu item called My Movies, that goes directly into the Movies directory.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 10-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

So I installed it, but all my TV Shows and everything else is showing up on the wall. Any way to only have it work for the G:\Media\Movies directory?

Thanks,

Tony
Old 10-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

There are a few different ways to handle this..

1-Use the web server to import your tv shows into recorded tv

2-Use BMI or manually write .properties files that set the "MediaType=tv" - then set SMW to movie and use TV Explorer for TV media

3-Set a filter to only show the dir you want - plucky should be able to help with this, as it sounds like this is what your after

I personally use the web server to import the videos into recorded tv.. This is time consuming (took me a couple weeks to go thru 2000+ videos), but t gives you a chance to verify the correct metadata
Old 10-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I've made some progress. I wrote a custom menu XML file so I have menu items that point to each folder. It works well, but the only problem so far, is that Sage Movie Wall is displayed when I go through the directories for all of them, but they are separated correctly. How can I disable that for only certain folders? I installed the Jetty web server. Under the Phoenix section, it says that the version is 1.36, even though I downloaded the latest one. It says the same thing in Sage. Other things that aren't working; The star rating doesn't seem to be working for most of the movies, and the rating on 90% of them just says NRA. Should I do a complete Metadata fetch on the whole directory? The last time I did that it grabbed a lot of wrong information. It took me like 2 weeks to go through 1400+ movies and make sure all the metadata was correct because it changed the titles, which made the fan art not work.

Here is the menu file:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://sageplugins.sourceforge.net/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
    <menu title="Main">
	<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="My TV" title="My TV">
            <evalExpression> </evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
        <!--                                   -->
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="My Videos">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my music.png" screen="My Music" title="My Music">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my pictures.png" screen="Picture Library" title="My Pictures">
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_dvd.png" screen="Play DVD" title="Play DVD">
        <subMenuItem icon="hover_my programs.png" title="My Menu">
            <menu title="My Menu">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Default STV Menu" title="Online Services">
                    <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("TargetMenuName", "Online Services Menu")</evalExpression>
                    <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("LeftListener", "Left-Back to parent menu")</evalExpression>
                    <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("BackWidgetId", "BASE-51766")</evalExpression>
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="EMail" title="@email">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Rss News Feeds -- nielm" title="RSS Feeds">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Video Conversions" title="Video Conversions">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Parental Controls" title="Parental Controls">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Setup Menu" title="Settings">
            </menu>
        </subMenuItem>

<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="Movies">
	<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
	<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "G:\\Media\\Movies")</evalExpression>
	<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", false)</evalExpression>
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my tv.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="TV Shows">
	<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
	<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "G:\\Media\\Shows")</evalExpression>
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Documentaries">
	<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "G:\\Media\\Documentaries")</evalExpression>
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Concerts">
	<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "G:\\Media\\Live Concerts")</evalExpression>
<internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Stand Up Comedy">
	<evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "G:\\Media\\Stand Up Comedy")</evalExpression>
</menu>
</sageMenu>
Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Tony

Last edited by tonysathre; 10-15-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:55 AM
SageTVaholic

First and foremost do not Import
it into recorded tv I highly recomend against this it is not necessary I'd you are using bmi it will mark it as tv and you can remove from smw with filters

I would do pathfilter expressions in your case and only include your movies folder and use tve for tv.

You don't have to do a complete rescan you can edit and scan the ones that are wrong in the bmi webui. Also make sure your source selection is imdb-themoviedb if the moviedb is your primary bmi can't get rated from it.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
it into recorded tv I highly recomend against this it is not necessary I'd you are using bmi it will mark it as tv and you can remove from smw with filters
I curious as to why you would recommend not to do this?
Old 10-15-2009, 05:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
I curious as to why you would recommend not to do this?
I don't like my ripped/archive tv showing up in the recordedtv section and there really is no need with tve and smw and bmi it does not have to be imported
Old 11-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
How? I can see how to set TV as an inclusive filter (you check it), but how do i set it as an exclusive filter?

Quote:
I would do pathfilter expressions in your case and only include your movies folder and use tve for tv.
This sounds like exactly what I want to do. So, how do I do it? Is this a setting in the SMW gui or an XML option?

I have movies in one network share from a NAS, and TV shows from a different share on the same NAS. For sage's import directories, these are listed as seperate import locations. ie.

\\NAS\Movies\
\\Nas\TV\

BTW, SMW is f***ing awesome. Thanks plucky!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdrbdt View Post
How? I can see how to set TV as an inclusive filter (you check it), but how do i set it as an exclusive filter?

This sounds like exactly what I want to do. So, how do I do it? Is this a setting in the SMW gui or an XML option?

I have movies in one network share from a NAS, and TV shows from a different share on the same NAS. For sage's import directories, these are listed as seperate import locations. ie.

\\NAS\Movies\
\\Nas\TV\

BTW, SMW is f***ing awesome. Thanks plucky!
In the smw universal options uncheck the included tv that will get it our of smw.

you can also use pathfilterexpressions for the menu item of SMW or TVE and just include the directories you want there the pathfilterexpressions would be a more 100% accurate way of doing it.

Here is a good post I had when learning myself how to do pathfilters

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=video+tabs
Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Here is a good post I had when learning myself how to do pathfilters

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ght=video+tabs
I tried this:
Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem screen="Sage Movie Wall" title="SMW">
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\mr_movie\\media\\Movies")</evalExpression>
But I still get a full list of all the movies AND tv shows. Should I be using a different destination for "screen"?

Edit. Nevermind! It didn't work until I changed the "title" to something other than SMW (which had been configured previously without the regex). After changing that it works fine! Thanks again!

Last edited by mrdrbdt; 11-24-2009 at 03:51 PM.