SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Beta 17 fixed BMT issue but folders gone?

I just put in Beta 17 of SageMC, which fixed the problem I was having with BMT web interface scans and SageMC (thank you!! ).

However, I have a question. It seems, in file system view, that my folder names have been replaced by the contents of the media title field now. Is there a way to disable this behavior? A lot of the movies in my library are named in Japanese or Chinese and I would prefer to see this than the romanized titles from IMDB. With release 12, I was able to see the characters (but had a lingering BMT issue).

Thank you!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Search is your friend

you need to make sure you have the latest Phoenix jar
Old 11-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you, but I don't think that is it. I already made that mistake and am now using the latest jar (1.44) from the SageMC pre-release thread.

If you read the notes of release 17, the media naming taken from the media title field is one of the changes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meinmaui
* Video Library: Media title now displayed instead of file name in filesystem view
Which is great, but for the folder naming I would prefer it to show the actual folder name as it did in beta 12. Is there anyway to re-enable that?

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

I noticed this as well, it's only for folders with 1 video in them. Folders with more then 1 video show the folder name.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

There's already an option for that, but I think you can only get to it through the options menu in the video library screen.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I thought there was a global option as well, I thought I had it set a while ago, but only since the update to version 17(I had 12 previously) did it start showing filenames.

Also, I did make the change in the My Videos menu to show folder name, but it still shows the filename.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

My movies are almost all single file or bluray discs, so that is probably why I am not seeing this behavior in the TV portion of the video library. Now I must be blind as a bat , but I can't seem to find a setting in the video menu or in the global options. Could someone with better SageTV eyes please point a blind man to the right place?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

When your on the My Video screen, make sure the highlight is on the menu on the left, then hit the Menu button on your remote. Then go to display options, and you should see it.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks aflat, I now see the option. Interesting little thing there, never considered that where my cursor was made a difference in this instance.

However, it didn't do anything except for the 1 or 2 TV folders where there was only 1 file in a folder. For my movies it all still is showing the media title instead of the folder name.

Inside each movie directory there is a folder.jpg and, for the non blue ray images, a subtitle file. Is this making a difference? I notice that in the TV folders where this setting changed how it appeared, the file in the folder was alone with nothing else in there.

Any idea how to have SageMC ignore the folder.jpg and subtitle file for my movies?
Old 11-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

A quick bump to this. Anyone have an idea? I deleted all the files in a few movie directories except the video file and I am still unable to display the folder name instead of the media title. Its not the filename, its the media title that BMT scraped from IMDB/themoviedb.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Could you post a screen shot? I'm still not really sure what you mean. The file system view should (and does for me) show the folder names for the folders and the ShowTitle or EpisodeTitle for the actual media item.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sure give me a bit, I can have a screenshot up in a few hours when I get back home.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok if you take a look, this is what the folders look like in a file explorer:

This is what it looks like in SageMC:

Larger image if that is too small: http://i37.tinypic.com/35at0zc.jpg

I found and set the setting that Aflat kindly pointed me to:

If you see Aeon Flux is in "Aeon Flux" in SageMC, the year is missing from every folder title and the Chinese movie name is in romanized text (and even worse, the text is in romanized Cantonese, which I do not understand and doesn't actually have a formal romanized system like Pinyin ).

This is a test set of movies I have been playing with to try and fix the issue. These files are all single *.mkv files. I have removed everything but the file, put the folder image and properties files back, etc. If I remove the properties files and delete wiz.bin, so there is no metadata, then the folder names show up as they should. In the properties files, the name that shows up is the name in the "MediaTitle=" field. So it seems SageMC is getting the folder name from this in the properties file.

Thank you!

Last edited by lash; 11-13-2009 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Added bigger pic option
Old 11-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

These are a couple of images as well

The folders

The files

What i see in SageMC version b17

And as you can see the menu says folder

Thanks for looking into it, and thanks for the great work!
Old 11-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just tried version 21, and I'm still having the same issue. The screenshots would look the same.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same here. Beta 21 didn't make any change to this issue.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just reinstalled SageTV a couple days ago and I am still having this issue with pre-release 24. Is it just me? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Very glad to see this thread - was fighting metadata/naming on a bunch of imported episodic TV (from DVDs, right now mine are all VOBs etc. in the VIDEO_TS subfolders per epsisode as I haven't tried any transcoding/compression yet) on a brand new build, and having the same/similar problems.

Folders with entire seasons show up as folder name with a superposed image (or not, can get rid of the 'folder' image - wish I could keep the "20 files" or whatnot text regardless of whether the folder outline was present).

Individual folders (before attempting any data import) are named "ShowName SxxExx". If I run the metadata/fanart search, it creates a .PROPERTIES file and thereafter in the SageMC display gets the detailed "Title" field from BMT (e.g. "Battlestar Galactica - S01E01 - 33"). I can't run the IMDB search after that as the name has too much excess in it and ends up requiring a manual search. If I run the IMBD search on an episode that doesn't have the .PROPERTIES file placed yet (and NOT the metadata/fanart search), I can pick the episode and it shows up in SageMC as "Battlestar Galactica 33" (<--correct name for that episode) but has only the folder.jpg image added to the VIDEO_TS subfolder and has no apparent metadata. Yet selecting it in the view will give me the episode description at least - just missing things like air date, rating, duration, etc.

Not sure which order I ran it in (metadata/fanart search, THEN IMDB (using manual name), or vice versa), but sometimes got a .PROPERTIES file with multiple Title fields - one detailed, one just showed the show title and had separate metadata entries for episode #, air date, etc.

Just have to find the magic sequence and then perform it for about 5 total seasons of various saved shows...(sigh)

At least I'm learning how to drop folders, rescan, add folders, rescan to test out what the right sequence is.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not sure about your other issues, but I recommend using SMW (Sage Movie Wall) to avoid this folder display problem. I've tried fixing it in so many different ways, back when i started this thread and over this past weekend, and I am pretty sure that this is an issue with SageMC somewhere.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Lash

I might give SMW a try. After all my babbling above, finally re-read and followed the instructions for BMT and used the web interface last night to get an awful lot of my metadata improved. Shows only show up with episode name not full show - episode, but I think with more playing I can get that fixed still; there was a mask setting somewhere I remember reading about.

But tonight the HD200 finally arrives, so will be trying to config that with the wireless N bridge and get minimal extender proof of concept, vs. more toying upstairs with the server.