SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:07 AM
SageTVaholic

If one of you wanted to write up a step by step on how to revert SJQv4 to SJQv3 via the plugin manager using the manifest edit approach, I'd be willing to add such a doc to my wiki for all to use. If you do, send me an email with the doc you write. PM me if you don't have my email address.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 02-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Sage Icon

I have SJQ3 and the SJQ3 application client working on my Window XP SageTV computer. I would like to add a SJQ3 client to my Windows 7 64-bit computer. I copied the needed SJQ3 client files to the Windows 7 64-bit computer, but the sjqc.bat file cannot see Java. How can I get the SJQ3 client to work on a Windows 7 64-bit computer?

Dave
Old 02-26-2011, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

I just did the same thing and it worked fine for me.

Are you using the Service version of the client? Are there 32 and 64 bit versions of Java on your system?
Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Sage Icon

I have only 1 Java version installed. It is in the Program files(x86) directory, so it must be the 32-bit Java version right now. I tried to install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, but when I tried to install the second Java, the first Java version was uninstalled first by the Java installer program. Do I need to have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions? How do I get both to install without the second Java uninstalling the first one? I tried pointing the sjqc.bat file to java by hard coding the path, but that did not help.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java -cp "%~d0%~p0sjqc.jar;%~d0%~p0json.jar" com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjqc.TaskClient %*

Dave
Old 02-26-2011, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I just have one installed also. The 32 bit. I am not sure what the problem might be. sorry.

btl.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

What's the error message you're getting?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Sage Icon

When I try to run the sjq3 client on the Windows 7 64-bit computer, with the sjqc.bat file:
java -cp "%~d0%~p0sjqc.jar;%~d0%~p0json.jar" com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjqc.TaskClient %*

I get:
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I then put the path into the sjqc.bat file:
"c:\program files (x86)\java\jre6\bin\java -cp %~d0%~p0sjqc.jar;%~d0%~p0json.jar com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjqc.TaskClient %*"

I then get:
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I copied the sjqc and comskip directories from the SageTV XP computer to the secondary Windows 7 computer. I should have java 32-bit installed on my Windows 7 64-bit computer since java is in the C:\Program Files (x86) directory structure.

Dave
Old 02-26-2011, 08:26 PM
SageTVaholic

If you hardcoded the path to java, double quote it. Alternatively, add java.exe to your system's PATH variable. Either one should get it running.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Sage Icon

I added Java to the path. The Windows 7 64-bit computer client is now listed in the SJQ3 web UI. The Windows 7 64-bit computer's client was listed the status screen. All the jobs were processed as failed jobs.

I am not able to map drives from the Window 7 64-bit computer to the Windows XP SageTV computer, I think that is the same reason for the failures.

Here is the Windows 7 64-bit computer's client log:
Code:
Task Log: 4142657/COMSKIP
Wed Feb 23 04:28:35 CST 2011: Starting task with priority 1/1/10
Executing command line: C:/comskip/comskip.exe "G:\Video\ClarkHoward-4160729-0.ts"
Sat Feb 26 21:06:39 CST 2011: Starting task with priority 1/1/10
Executing command line: C:/comskip/comskip.exe "G:\Video\ClarkHoward-4160729-0.ts"
Comskip 0.80.031, made using:
mpeg2dec-0.4.0 - by Michel Lespinasse <walken@zoy.org> and Aaron Holtzman
Permission denied - could not open file G:\Video\ClarkHoward-4160729-0.ts

The commandline used was:
C:\comskip\comskip.exe G:\Video\ClarkHoward-4160729-0.ts
Opening G:\Video\ClarkHoward-4160729-0.ts
When trying to map a drive from the Windows 7 64-bit computer to the Windows XP SageTV computer it fails. I get the error message: The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

I tried some registry changes that I found from a Google search, but that did not help. I'm still unable to map a drive from the Windows 7 computer to the Windows XP computer.

Dave

Last edited by davephan; 02-26-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Now you're outside the scope of SJQ and into the scope of Windows networking, which is not my area of expertise.

I'm not a Windows networking guru, but even if you were able to map that drive, I believe Windows services cannot access network drives that are mapped to a local drive letter (i.e. G:\). You have to use UNC paths to access them (i.e. \\server\video\...). Can you just access \\server\video\ from the 64bit host (subbing in the appropriate server name or IP address in the UNC path)?

Somebody with more Win networking knowledge will hopefully chime in, but I believe I'm correct. Either way, it's a network access issue, as shown by the "permission denied" errors. If I'm right, you will have to use SJQ's :MAPDIR feature to map G:\ to \\server\video\ when accessing those paths on the remote clients. But before worrying about the :MAPDIR issues, just focus on being able to read the video files from the 64bit host using Windows Explorer, etc. Once you get that working then return to the SJQ setup.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Talking Drive Mapping From Computer To Computer Problem

Look at this http://winhlp.com/node/40

I would try the registry fix first, reboot and check again.

Pay particular attention to the list of potential causes. You may need to remove or address more than one if the registry setting doesn't fix the problem.

This seems to point the finger at the XP computer, so make sure you are "fixing" the right one.

Last edited by doncote0; 02-28-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: May affect multiple OS's
Old 02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
Look at this http://winhlp.com/node/40

I would try the registry fix first, reboot and check again.

Pay particular attention to the list of potential causes. You may need to remove or address more than one if the registry setting doesn't fix the problem.

This seems to point the finger at the XP computer, so make sure you are "fixing" the right one.
Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

I did try the registry fix with various recommended pararmeters without success so far. A lot of people have this drive mapping problem with trying to map drives from a Windows 7 computer to a Windows XP computer. The registry fix does work for some people, but not for me so far. I do run Norton AV and Acronis software on Windows XP Pro SageTV computer.

I have another computer system which is a duplicate to my Windows XP Pro SageTV computer. I was going to build up the second computer as a Linux SageTV computer. Instead, I will build up the second computer as a Windows 7 64-bit SageTV computer and migrate everything from the XP computer to the Windows 7 computer. Drive mapping works fine from my general purpose Windows 7 64-bit computer to the new SageTV Windows 7 64-bit computer (that has only the Windows 7 64-bit OS on it so far). I will add Norton AV and Acronis to the new Windows 7 64-bit system and find out if it kills the drive mapping.

I think I can migrate the SageTV from Window XP to Windows 7 in a few days, including all the accessory programs and parameters. The XP operating system will be dead ended within a couple years, so it would good to be off that operating system. My longer term goal is to build up a Linux SageTV computer which I will do after the Windows XP SageTV computer is decommissioned.

Dave
Old 03-13-2011, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

For those of you that still may be using SJQV3 starting with 7.1.5 Beta you can get the episode and season number.. by using the below

$.GetMediaFileMetadata{SeasonNumber}
$.GetMediaFileMetadata{EpisodeNumber}

I use it to rename and move episodes that I want to keep. If anyone is interested into my rename job and client rule... I can make it available.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
For those of you that still may be using SJQV3 starting with 7.1.5 Beta you can get the episode and season number.. by using the below

$.GetMediaFileMetadata{SeasonNumber}
$.GetMediaFileMetadata{EpisodeNumber}

I use it to rename and move episodes that I want to keep. If anyone is interested into my rename job and client rule... I can make it available.
Yes. Would be interested in this
Old 03-13-2011, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Before I move a series I always use SJQ to mark it watched that way it will not record it again. I move it to a folder in my Sage Imports.

SJQ RULE
Code:
//MYSERIES
if [IsObjMediaFile == "true" && $.IsWatched{} == "true" && Filename =$ ".mp4" && $.IsTVFile{} == "true" && $.GetShowTitle{} =% "Walker, Texas Ranger|Cold Case|Criminal Minds|Law & Order: Criminal Intent"]{
    :SCANMEDIA "true"
    :PRIORITY 1500
      SJQMYSeries
}
Ex: \\\\Freenas\\ournas2\\MySeries is my destination change to your own... Do not change anything else just the destination. I also cleanup some illegal characters : ?
Client Rule
Code:
SJQMYSeries {
:MAX 1
:CPU LOW
:RESOURCES 1
  "C:\\SJQ3FINAL\\SJQRenameMYSeriesNew.bat \"%c%\" \"$.GetShowTitle{}\" \"$.GetShowEpisode{}\" \"$.GetMediaFileMetadata{SeasonNumber}\" \"$.GetMediaFileMetadata{EpisodeNumber}\" \"\\\\Freenas\\ournas2\\MySeries\""
}

My move rename Job will Create a directory with mediatitle then below that will create a sub-directory with Season.

Example My destination is \\\\Freenas\\ournas2\\MySeries

\\FREENAS\ournas2\MySeries\Criminal Minds\Season 01

Criminal Minds - S01E01 - Extreme Aggressor.mp4
Criminal Minds - S01E02 - Compulsion.mp4
etc.

This will move it if you choose to keep the original then just change the move to copy at the bottom of the batch.
Batchfile SJQRenameMYSeriesNew.bat

Code:
move "%~f1" "%~d1%~p1"
set checkuse=%ERRORLEVEL%
if %checkuse% NEQ 0 exit 1

set outdir=%6
for /f "useback tokens=*" %%a in ('%outdir%') do set outdir=%%~a

set MediaTitle=%2
rem for /f "useback tokens=*" %%a in ('%MediaTitle%') do set MediaTitle=%%~a
set MediaTitle=%MediaTitle:: = %
set MediaTitle=%MediaTitle:? = %
set MediaTitle=%MediaTitle::= %
set MediaTitle=%MediaTitle:?= %
set MediaTitle=%MediaTitle:&amp; =& %
for /f "useback tokens=*" %%a in ('%MediaTitle%') do set MediaTitle=%%~a
if not exist "%outdir%\%MediaTitle%" md "%outdir%\%MediaTitle%"

set episodename=%3
set episodename=%episodename:: = %
set episodename=%episodename:? = %
set episodename=%episodename::= %
set episodename=%episodename:?= %
set episodename=%episodename:&amp; =& %
set episodename=%episodename::=-%
for /f "useback tokens=*" %%a in ('%episodename%') do set episodename=%%~a

set SeasonNumber=%4
for /f "useback tokens=*" %%a in ('%SeasonNumber%') do set SeasonNumber=%%~a
set SeasonNumber=0%SeasonNumber%
set SeasonNumber=%SeasonNumber:~-2%
echo %SeasonNumber%

set EpisodeNumber=%5
for /f "useback tokens=*" %%a in ('%EpisodeNumber%') do set EpisodeNumber=%%~a
set EpisodeNumber=0%EpisodeNumber%
if %EpisodeNumber% LEQ 99 set EpisodeNumber=%EpisodeNumber:~-2%
if %EpisodeNumber% GTR 99 set EpisodeNumber=%EpisodeNumber:~-3%

echo %EpisodeNumber%

if not exist "%outdir%\%MediaTitle%\Season %SeasonNumber%" md "%outdir%\%MediaTitle%\Season %SeasonNumber%"
move /Y "%~f1" "%outdir%\%MediaTitle%\Season %SeasonNumber%\%MediaTitle% - S%SeasonNumber%E%EpisodeNumber% - %episodename%%~x1"
set checkmove=%ERRORLEVEL%
if %checkmove% NEQ 0 del "%outdir%\%MediaTitle%\Season %SeasonNumber%\%MediaTitle% - S%SeasonNumber%E%EpisodeNumber% - %episodename%%~x1"
if %checkmove% NEQ 0 exit 1
if %checkmove% EQU 0 exit 0

sample log
Code:
Sun Mar 13 13:11:40 PDT 2011: Starting task with priority 1/1/10
Executing command line: C:\SJQ3FINAL\SJQRenameMYSeriesNew.bat "\\Freenas\ournas2\EDTV2\WalkerTexasRanger-Brainchild-8872844-0.donecut.autoEncode.mp4" "Walker, Texas Ranger" "Brainchild" "6" "8" "\\Freenas\ournas2\MySeries"
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>move "\\Freenas\ournas2\EDTV2\WalkerTexasRanger-Brainchild-8872844-0.donecut.autoEncode.mp4" "\\Freenas\ournas2\EDTV2\" 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set checkuse=0 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>if 0 NEQ 0 exit 1 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set outdir="\\Freenas\ournas2\MySeries" 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>for /F "useback tokens=*" %a in ('"\\Freenas\ournas2\MySeries"') do set outdir=%~a 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set outdir=\\Freenas\ournas2\MySeries 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set MediaTitle="Walker, Texas Ranger" 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>rem for /f "useback tokens=*" %a in ('"Walker, Texas Ranger"') do set MediaTitle=%~a 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>for /F "useback tokens=*" %a in ('"Walker, Texas Ranger"') do set MediaTitle=%~a 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set MediaTitle=Walker, Texas Ranger 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>if not exist "\\Freenas\ournas2\MySeries\Walker, Texas Ranger" md "\\Freenas\ournas2\MySeries\Walker, Texas Ranger" 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set episodename="Brainchild" 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>for /F "useback tokens=*" %a in ('"Brainchild"') do set episodename=%~a 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set episodename=Brainchild 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set SeasonNumber="6" 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>for /F "useback tokens=*" %a in ('"6"') do set SeasonNumber=%~a 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set SeasonNumber=6 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set SeasonNumber=06 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set SeasonNumber=06 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>echo 06 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set EpisodeNumber="8" 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>for /F "useback tokens=*" %a in ('"8"') do set EpisodeNumber=%~a 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set EpisodeNumber=8 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set EpisodeNumber=08 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>if 08 LEQ 99 set EpisodeNumber=08 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>if 08 GTR 99 set EpisodeNumber=08 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>echo 08 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>if not exist "\\Freenas\ournas2\MySeries\Walker, Texas Ranger\Season 06" md "\\Freenas\ournas2\MySeries\Walker, Texas Ranger\Season 06" 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>move /Y "\\Freenas\ournas2\EDTV2\WalkerTexasRanger-Brainchild-8872844-0.donecut.autoEncode.mp4" "\\Freenas\ournas2\MySeries\Walker, Texas Ranger\Season 06\Walker, Texas Ranger - S06E08 - Brainchild.mp4" 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>set checkmove=0 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>if 0 NEQ 0 del "\\Freenas\ournas2\MySeries\Walker, Texas Ranger\Season 06\Walker, Texas Ranger - S06E08 - Brainchild.mp4" 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>if 0 NEQ 0 exit 1 
C:\SJQSERVICE\sjqc_winntsvc\bin>if 0 EQU 0 exit 0

Last edited by nyplayer; 03-13-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Sage Icon

I rebuilt my XP SageTV computer with Windows 7 64-bit. I would like to install SJQ3 on the Windows 7 64-bit computer. It's been so long since I installed SJQ3 on the old XP SageTV computer that I forgot how I installed it. I found the SJQ3 user guide, but it simply says to install SJQ3 but does not tell me the steps!

Does anyone have a link to the SJQ3 installation steps? I tried SQJ4 a couple of months ago and found that the job queue could not be monitored like the old SJQ3 web GUI.

Dave
Old 04-24-2011, 04:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Does anyone have a link to the SJQ3 installation steps? I tried SQJ4 a couple of months ago and found that the job queue could not be monitored like the old SJQ3 web GUI.
I added this to the UI but for some reason (that I don't remember) I never released it. If you are interested I'll brush the dust off and update the plugin.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I added this to the UI but for some reason (that I don't remember) I never released it. If you are interested I'll brush the dust off and update the plugin.
I could try SJQ4 again if there is a UI that can track the status of the jobs. It has been several months since I tried SJQ4. I recall that when SJQ4 was running, it was like it was running blind, without a way to determine what jobs were in the queue, which ones finished, which jobs were about to be processed, which jobs were successful, and which jobs failed.

Dave
Old 04-24-2011, 05:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I have that now. I'll package it up and post an update. Watch the SJQv4 thread.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hoping someone is still out there - I see the last post was in April, and alot has changed since then, especially with Google being the new owner.

I only now got around to getting SJQ v3.1 installed (I'm using SageTV v6). I'm having trouble getting any tasks to queue up. I've tried the media debugger, and though it finds the video of interest, nothing reports in the server log. I have no failed or completed tasks and I don't see items in the Active queue.

I've made my ruleset "wide open", in attempt to ensure *SOMETHING*, but I get nothing:

if [ Filename =$ ".mpg" && Filename =^ "Fringe" ]
{
MEDIASHRINKMQ
}

Help?