SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Finding Recording Errors

Is there a way to find recordings with recording errors? So I know that the system messages tells me which ones recently had problems (almost always due to the occassional HDPVR lock up). But I'm using the malore menus and don't see a way to filter by recordings with errors. Maybe in SageMC? For now, I have to hit play and visually see which ones have the dreaded red sections in the bar at the bottom. I wanted to be able to click on ones with errors, find future recordings, and reschedule the recording without having to flip from system messages to search for future airings. If it were possible to have Sage automatically try to record future airing when an error is detected that would be better. Also great would be if upon detecting a certain number of errors from the HDPVR, Sage would assume it wasn't available anymore and only use the remaining tuners. I have 3 HDPVRs (despite the issues, it's still a great product) and I'm pretty sure that when one locks up, the others always still work fine.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Usually the ones with the red sections means it actually stopped and restarted recording the file. If you look in the Recordings directory with file explorer you should see multiple files for the same recordings.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.