SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:36 AM

Windows Media Center Assistance

OK - Multiple questions requesting some detailed answers if you can please.

1) If i want to add the HDTheater Extender to my Windows Media Center, I need an "eight digit extender key" to input in to Microsoft Media Center. Where is that 8 digit key?

2) Using SageTV, I can't seem to map my local network drives on a network PC. Can somebody assist me in how to set up the UNC or whatever it's called so that i can see my 1TB drive containing my media files?
Old 11-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by inghamb View Post
2) Using SageTV, I can't seem to map my local network drives on a network PC. Can somebody assist me in how to set up the UNC or whatever it's called so that i can see my 1TB drive containing my media files?
Your computer should have a name (my_pc). When you share a directory, you give it a name (video_stuff).

To access the directory from another computer, the UNC path is: \\my_pc\video_stuff\
TV Storage: 11 TB (4x1.5TB for recording, 5TB for archive)
Clients: 3
SageTV Extenders:5
Old 11-26-2009, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by inghamb View Post
OK - Multiple questions requesting some detailed answers if you can please.

1) If i want to add the HDTheater Extender to my Windows Media Center, I need an "eight digit extender key" to input in to Microsoft Media Center. Where is that 8 digit key?

Sage HD Extender does NOT work as an extender with Windows Media Center. You can configure directories to pull in the files for videos, music and pictures but it is NOT a Windows Media Extender and was never advertised to be. It works intimately and only with SageTV as a SageTV Media Extender.

UNC paths are covered in the manual. You need to have a folder shared to map to it. \\MachineName\sharename\any directory. You could stop at the share or go down futher to a particular folder but the folder needs to be shared. (A share permissions will flow down.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.