SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Sage User

How do I upgrade SageTV?

This update totally messed up my system. All my recordings are gone and I can't read the menu options. Prior to that I was only having problems with my Volume dropping out to 10%.

I just installed the latest file. Was I supposed to install all previous updates?

* split out of the STV update topic *
Old 11-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc View Post
This update totally messed up my system. All my recordings are gone and I can't read the menu options. Prior to that I was only having problems with my Volume dropping out to 10%.

I just installed the latest file. Was I supposed to install all previous updates?
The STV updates in this topic are for SageTV version 6.6; are you using v6.6 or an earlier version? If you are using an older version, that could explain the issue because the STV would use features that aren't available in earlier versions of SageTV.

If you are using v6.6, then yes, you should be installing each update. Some can be skipped, but others include additional files.

I'm not sure how this STV update would cause the recordings to disappear in v6.6... did you install a SageTV update instead & installed it to the some location other than where SageTV was previously installed?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I'm not sure how this STV update would cause the recordings to disappear in v6.6...
Wow, this just happened to me last night. I had no idea how or why it happened, but I did install the latest STV.
Good thing I only had two things in my recordings, and the files were still there, so I just watched them as an imported video temporarily.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Sage User

The SageTV update process is not at all clear. I think at this point myinstallation is totally corrupted. Is there any place to download the latest release in order to reinstall SageTV?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:34 PM
SageTVaholic

sagetv.com and click on the download link

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The SageTV update process is not at all clear. I think at this point myinstallation is totally corrupted. Is there any place to download the latest release in order to reinstall SageTV?
I moved this out of the STV update topic because I think you need to install a SageTV upgrade, not just update the UI; an "STV update" is a UI update for the current version of SageTV, not a complete version upgrade.

The SageTV PDF manual has a section titled "Upgrading to a Newer Version", starting on p. 11; the latest version of SageTV can be download from this downloads page. Also see this sticky in the beta forum (which also leads to a FAQ entry & vice versa): How to install a new version of SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Sage User

Thank you for your help. The re-install fixed everything. I didn't even have to reconfigure.

All my recordings are back in the list. Also, the error message from the new version helped me realize that a drive I thought was working was not. Removing it from the recording devices seemed to have helped the audio problems, as well.

The new interface looks great!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Quote:
The new interface looks great!
Opus4, What screenshot can you point me to that would show this new interface? How can I tell if it's working for me?
Old 11-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Sage Expert

There is no new interface. That guy must've been running a very old version.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Sage User

Looks different to me, but not a lot that you would notice in a screenshot. The rendering of the menus is a little different, but the main difference is the behavior of the menus.

I think I had 6.2 or something. Then again, that may be REALLY old in SageTV terms.