SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Sage User

bug reporting wrong play length in 15 imported movies Please help!

I’m having a major problem with 15 and I see that other people have had this problem with previous versions.. This is a major bug for me as well as one of the reasons I chose sage tv in the first place. When I back up my dvds to hard disk to play later they play correctly in every other media player but sage. Sage always reports the incorrect movie length ranging from 0 min to 8 min and then abruptly shuts off after that amount of time returning to the stored video library. All the other media players ( MS media player Nero media player etc) all report the correct video length and play the movies brilliantly. All the dubbings are done with Smart Ripper 2.41 and are single file (joined) mpgs taken directly from my own DVD’s I have followed the suggestion in the this post. http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ecorded+videos but have had no luck I have even reinstalled sage tv to no avail.

Please any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas Sexton
tsexton@cincom.com
tsexton@lostclan.mynetwork.org
Old 04-10-2004, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

every tried using the ripper included in the X Copy product/321 Studios?
Old 04-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Sage User

X-Copy

Yes i have used xcopy but i still need to join the files together into one mpg in order to play them in sage or am i wrong about that?

In fact ive used xpopy and ripper 2.41 on the same dvd and had the same results... with both...

If im missing somthing then please let me know what i need to do. This is getting quite anoying!!
Old 04-10-2004, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

you could with Xcopy ripper use the rip as one large file choice
that may be part of the problem is that a standard rip has a new video file for each chapter
I would think it is the process in how you ripped it, cannot remmeber the place where the option is loacted in the ripper but you can choose to rip as a huge 9GB file or you can leave off extras and have a medium sized 5 GB file
Old 04-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Sage User

Not a problem with MPG's

I don’t think this is a issue with the mpg as they play fine in other media players I think this is an issue with sage as if i rewind the recording and start again they run fine.. so somewhere in the mix its bombing out and stopping...

Who do I repot this problem to as it is very frustrating ...

Regards,

Thomas Sexton
tsexton@cincom.com
Old 04-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Sage Expert

I had this problem...and was told it is a bug from in the 1.4 beta days. I found that if I remove the import directory, then add it back it is forced to check the length and all is well. Also, you can restart SageTV and it should check the length again and be ok.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Sage User

Removing directory did not work

I tried that as well and removing the directory didn’t work. I have noticed though that movies i rip directly on that machine seem to report the correct length but movies i rip from my laptop and copy to the sage machine report the wrong times.

If Frey is going to advertise that they support imported movies they should really look into this problem.

Regards,

Thomas Sexton
tsexton@cincom.com