SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Sage User

HD100 tuning mismatch problem

I think I have a networking issue, or some problem with SAGE confusing which HD-PVRs it is rendering. I have several HD100s that are not showing the correct video from my multiple tuners.

I run WHS with three HD-PVRs, each controlling a zone from a USB-UIRT. Testing and tuning is flawless with respect to each of the three USB-UIRT/STB pairs. However, when I am watching TV on my HD100, the video rendered is different from the tuner being identified in the program guide info screen. When I change the channel on one of my HD100s, it changes the video rendered on another HD100. When I go to my server cabinet to look at the USB-UIRT/STBs, they are consistently changing the right channels as originally configured.

Either the HD100 is receiving video from an HD-PVR that it is not supposed to be receiving from, or SAGE is not consistently identifying which HD-PVR it is accessing accurately.

I originally thought it was some USB-UIRT problem, and have completed a clean SAGE reinstall, reinstalled the HD-PVRs using hwclear.exe, reinstalled USB-UIRT drivers, and configured my USB-UIRT zones accurately.

I use an HP Procurve gigabyte switch (not web addressable). My HD-PVRs are installed in my WHS server and they are plugged into a PCI USB card. I have not tried to do any network tweaks.

Any ideas?
Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Just trying to get a better feel for how you are changing the channels....

1. Are you using 3 USBUIRT's or are you using 1 with 3 zones setup?
2. Are each of the STB's using independent IR commands or are you taping IR emitters to each STB?
3. Could there be some kind of IR bounce causing the STB's to change channels?

I can't imagine it would be a networking issue. The extenders don't control the STB's/HDPVR. They simply ask for a channel (video stream) and the Sage server provides it. The Sage server decides what tuners are available and changes the channels based on the request.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 01-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Sage User

One USB-UIRT, set up for three zones. Two STBs have IR forts. Channel changing with the USB-UIRT zone is always accurate with one zone successfully changing its matched STB. There has not been bounce issues.

Each .ir file is prepended with either Z1, Z2, or Z3.

It is not a channel changing problem. It is a problem somewhere after the STB channel has been changed.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Sage Icon

How are the HD-100s being set up on the network? Are you setting a staic IP address, or using DHCP?
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 01-02-2010, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

How are you determining the tuning is correct in the first place, if not through an extender?
Old 01-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
How are the HD-100s being set up on the network? Are you setting a staic IP address, or using DHCP?
I have a static IP. The network switch has given each HD100 its own IP address. I don't think they ever change, since they are based on their MAC address. I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
How are you determining the tuning is correct in the first place, if not through an extender?
When I see the HD-PVR referenced in the HD100s program info screen, I can see the STB dedicated to that HD-PVR is tuned to the channel that the program info screen is identifying. For example, if the HD100's program info screen says that 1) channel 25 is being displayed and 2) the video is from HD-PVR #1, then I go look at the STB and sure enough the STB #1 is tuned to channel 25. The problem is that the video being displayed is actually from HD-PVR #3.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like you've got the A/V cables from the STBs connected to the wrong HD PVRs. The "correct" HD PVR is being used as shown by the program info screen, and Sage doesn't stream from tuner directly, it records to a file and that file is played. Given that everything is right up to what channel is actually being recorded, it seems like the wrong STB is connected to the HD PVR.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Sage User

I think my USB pci card was defective. I installed a new one and things seem to be working well.

Thanks for all your input.