SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

So everything has been running well for a while, then I noticed I wasn't getting .properties any more. Haven't changed anything and when testing I was able to have it update/create .properties files through the web gui. Using the latest beta16. Any ideas/suggestions?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

If it's from the automatic plugin, then you can check your settings under Configuration -> Metadata Tools -> Automatic Plugin, and see if "Direct Update of Wiz.bin" is checked. If this is checked, then properties are not created. (Maybe I should make a separate option?)
Old 03-18-2010, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

beta 17

This is a minor update, you can download here..

Fixes
1. Fixed bug in the scoring where titles less than 2 chars, that were equal, would return 0. (ie, movies, like '9' would fail)
2. Updated TV Scrapers for better TV matching. (now, supports E02S01 as well as S01E02, and season>9 (thanks ep))
3. Added TV Scraper for verbose, "ShowName Season ## Disc ##" titles
Old 03-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
If it's from the automatic plugin, then you can check your settings under Configuration -> Metadata Tools -> Automatic Plugin, and see if "Direct Update of Wiz.bin" is checked. If this is checked, then properties are not created. (Maybe I should make a separate option?)
I don't see how it could be a configuration change as it worked one day, not the next and I didn't change anything on config. but it's good to doublecheck the options, so Under Automatic Plugin Config I've got the following:
Enabled - Checked
Overwrite metadata - checked
Overwrite Fanart - checked

That's it. I did go to browse, recordings, selected a recording and selected find metadata, then selected Save and checked Update metadata, Create .properties files and hit save, no problem .prpperties shows up right away. Just to make sure my ducks were all lined up I restarted sage/sage service, still no go.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

are you still getting metadata... but just no .properties are being created. I just wanted to make sure about the options that were checked.. thanks for checking. I realize that in an ideal world, they should not change, but you never know.

The automatic plugin uses the exact same processor as the web ui processor, so if one is creating properties, then so should the other. But, I'm guessing that the files being handled by the automatic plugin are either failing... or they are being skipped. Maybe set the "Record Failures as System Message" option for the automatic plugin so that you get an error message when they fail. Also, try enabling the debug/info loggging and emailing the log files. (not sure if you've already emailed me log files... i've recieved lots, and I have a hard time reconciling email addresses to forum users )

I apoligize to you (and others) if I've ignored your emails, but it's been a crazy busy time for me... and I haven't been able to devote much time to bmt over the last couple of weeks.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
are you still getting metadata... but just no .properties are being created.
I'm not sure how to check if I'm getting metadata unless I'm getting the .properties, educate me?

Quote:
I just wanted to make sure about the options that were checked.. thanks for checking. I realize that in an ideal world, they should not change, but you never know.
absolutely did not mean to come across with attitude, just thinking out loud... appologies for the tone! Them that gets somethin for nothin shouldn't be smackin those what does the bringing.... or so I've been told!

Quote:
The automatic plugin uses the exact same processor as the web ui processor, so if one is creating properties, then so should the other. But, I'm guessing that the files being handled by the automatic plugin are either failing... or they are being skipped. Maybe set the "Record Failures as System Message" option for the automatic plugin so that you get an error message when they fail. Also, try enabling the debug/info loggging and emailing the log files.
I suspect the issue is the recordings are being skipped for some reason, (did I mention I'm just working with sage recordings for now) or that the automatic plugin isn't really running, though it says it is.... Have turned on the logging and will email the logs. How can get the automatic scan to initiate to make sure there's something in the logs? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

In fiddling further it does seem that some metadata is set. I've noticed something that may help figure out what's happening.

I have a series that's got 4 episodes, all recorded the same way via sage. When I look at them under 'all tv grouped by season' I can see the folder and drill down to see 4 episodes complete with sage data. If I go to recordings, only one shows up and it's the one I manually created .properties for... Since all the other 'tv grouped by season' items are also listed under the 'recordings' list I assume there's something different?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Wasn't the tvdb site down for the last week?
Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfMany View Post
Wasn't the tvdb site down for the last week?
I've been using it to 'fill in the blanks' from their html... looking at their forum notices, the last outage was November....
maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
In fiddling further it does seem that some metadata is set. I've noticed something that may help figure out what's happening.

I have a series that's got 4 episodes, all recorded the same way via sage. When I look at them under 'all tv grouped by season' I can see the folder and drill down to see 4 episodes complete with sage data. If I go to recordings, only one shows up and it's the one I manually created .properties for... Since all the other 'tv grouped by season' items are also listed under the 'recordings' list I assume there's something different?
The 'tv grouped by season' takes all tv (recordings, archived, an TV types in your video library) and shows them grouped by series and the season.

The 'recordings' list just looks at the sage recordings and archived recordings and shows them. So, if you are only seeing 1 item in that list, I would check the metadata when you are browsing in the all tv list and see if it has "Sage Recording" checked. If it does, then there's a bug in bmt... if it doesn't then it's doing what it is supposed to do.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

two screen shots attached... screen1 is a recording that doesn't show up in the list of screen2. If I'm reading right, sage recording is checked but it's not showing up....

Three sheets has 4 recordings in the 'all tv' listing, Poland (the one with the screen capture attached), Namibia, Iceland, and Lesbos Greece. All seem to have the sage recording box checked, only 1 (lesbos greece) shows up as a sage recording....

Do I win something for finding a bug?

EDIT: on further review, there are several shows that have multiple recordings, none show more than one episode in recordings.... Maybe this is related to the .properties issue I'm having?

Last edited by bikesquid; 10-01-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Sage User

Metadata being combined

Attached are a couple of screenshots. I'm not sure how this is happening, but somehow metadata for some shows is being combined and applied across several shows/episodes. For example, part of the metadata - and the Fanart locations - for Blue Mountain State S01E11 has been applied to several different recordings. I can manually go in and fix them, but it gets tiring. The other big offender seems to be metadata for the movie The Bronx Tale.

Do I have something set up incorrectly? What's the easiest way to get this all back the way it should be?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meta0.jpg (78.4 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg meta1.jpg (102.9 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg meta2.jpg (103.3 KB, 196 views)
Old 03-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Sage Icon

My problem is very similar to bikesquid's, except that even in the grouped by season it's not showing all the seasons for several of my shows.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
My problem is very similar to bikesquid's, except that even in the grouped by season it's not showing all the seasons for several of my shows.
Yes, well said. That's what I meant, there are things showing up as single episodes under 'all tv grouped by season' AND single episodes under 'recordings'. The attached screen capture is from recordings, compare to screen 2.jpg from earlier post... look at good eats, different episode listed in each screen, both are on the disk... Only the one listed under 'recordings' has a .jpg, neither has a .properties as well if that's a clue. In the interest of providing as much info as might be helpful also attaching a directory listing of the recordings directory just in case....

Last edited by bikesquid; 10-01-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

It's definitely something that happened with either beta 16 or 17. I'm pretty sure 16. I rolled back to 15 and now everything is working fine. HTH.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well I'm on beta16... and now that you mention it, it did work fine till I upgraded from 15.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

downgrading to beta15 fixes recordings, but for me 'all tv grouped by season' is still not happy. I used to have two for listings under beta 16 (see screen captures) for all tv, now down to one, but then there's a folder listing 'all tv grouped by season' as well a show that's not listed within the drill down. And I'm still not getting .properties unless I do a manual save and select update .properties. Then it works.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
It's definitely something that happened with either beta 16 or 17. I'm pretty sure 16. I rolled back to 15 and now everything is working fine. HTH.
Quote:
Well I'm on beta16... and now that you mention it, it did work fine till I upgraded from 15.
Quote:
downgrading to beta15 fixes recordings, but for me 'all tv grouped by season' is still not happy. I used to have two for listings under beta 16 (see screen captures) for all tv, now down to one, but then there's a folder listing 'all tv grouped by season' as well a show that's not listed within the drill down. And I'm still not getting .properties unless I do a manual save and select update .properties. Then it works.
I'll go back and see what I changed from 15 to 16... hopefully I can track it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkavanaugh View Post
Attached are a couple of screenshots. I'm not sure how this is happening, but somehow metadata for some shows is being combined and applied across several shows/episodes. For example, part of the metadata - and the Fanart locations - for Blue Mountain State S01E11 has been applied to several different recordings. I can manually go in and fix them, but it gets tiring. The other big offender seems to be metadata for the movie The Bronx Tale.

Do I have something set up incorrectly? What's the easiest way to get this all back the way it should be?
Are these sage recordings or tv shows that you imported as recordings? Other people have experienced a similar issue with 3.x and 4.x... but I have yet to find a cause for it
Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are these sage recordings or tv shows that you imported as recordings? Other people have experienced a similar issue with 3.x and 4.x... but I have yet to find a cause for it
Sean, I've only seen it happen on Sage recordings. I've been trying to see I can identify any pattern, but haven't noticed anything yet.

John
Old 03-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
The Blue Mountain State episode that's getting misapplied is an import. The Bronx Tale is just a recording.

Edit:

Actually, I'm not sure if that episode was an import. It is now, but I think at the time it was misapplied it was just a recording.

Last edited by bkavanaugh; 03-20-2010 at 06:12 AM. Reason: More info