SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Well... now that I think about it... I did make a change in the phoenix vfs from 15-16 to tune a performance issue. The end result was that how the grouped videos (with sorting and filtering) worked, was totally rewritten. I have a bunch of unit tests that verified that my changes "worked", but I'm guessing that I'm missing some tests

@bikesquid - If you don't mind, I'll probably send you some debug jars to see if we can resolve the missing items.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
@bikesquid - If you don't mind, I'll probably send you some debug jars to see if we can resolve the missing items.
No problem, you've got my email address. I've been leaving these recordings alone thinking they're a perfect test case for a 'fix'.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Missing movies

This may also be related to bikesquid's problem, but I just noticed today that most of my imported movies are missing. There should be a couple hundred; instead there's 23 - and only from two of the folders. It doesn't even have all the ones from in those folders. They were all there at the beginning of the week. I think the change was moving from 3.0 to 4.0 beta, but I can't say for certain they were all still there before that switch.

Edit:

I don't know if this is related, but I noticed in the system messages I'm getting "Unknown SageTV File: null" at the start of a scan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg movies1.jpg (32.2 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg movies2.jpg (141.3 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by bkavanaugh; 03-22-2010 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 03-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Sage User

Fanart location question

Ran the web ui and fanarts are being sent to c:\ (x86) program files\sagetv\sagetv\rootfilesystems\movies" directory. How do I get sage to look here for jpgs? I am a little confused.....
Old 03-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

Is thetvdb.com down for anyone other than myself today?
Old 03-21-2010, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Is thetvdb.com down for anyone other than myself today?
It appears to be down...or really, really slow for me as well
Old 03-21-2010, 05:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbob View Post
Ran the web ui and fanarts are being sent to c:\ (x86) program files\sagetv\sagetv\rootfilesystems\movies" directory. How do I get sage to look here for jpgs? I am a little confused.....
Is this where you configured fanart to go? basicallly you need to configure the fanart dir from the web ui, or use the default location. if you are using clients (not extenders), then you need to configure each client as well.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkavanaugh View Post
This may also be related to stuckless' problem, but I just noticed today that most of my imported movies are missing. There should be a couple hundred; instead there's 23 - and only from two of the folders. It doesn't even have all the ones from in those folders. They were all there at the beginning of the week. I think the change was moving from 3.0 to 4.0 beta, but I can't say for certain they were all still there before that switch.
Thanks, i'm currently trying to track this down.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Sage User

Yes, this is where I configured it to go...I am using 2 clients and 4 hd200s..JPEGs are not showing up when looking at video library of imported video..
Old 03-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Sage Expert

Beta17 fixed my issue with the movie "9"... thanks for that. Looks like I'm down to one issue. With beta17, I'm getting "Failed to find metadata for: D:\Media\Movies\DVDs\Tudors S01 D02\VIDEO_TS using provider tvdb"

Any update on this issue and/or what do you recommend I name the TV shows that have seasons that span multiple discs?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 03-21-2010, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Beta17 fixed my issue with the movie "9"... thanks for that. Looks like I'm down to one issue. With beta17, I'm getting "Failed to find metadata for: D:\Media\Movies\DVDs\Tudors S01 D02\VIDEO_TS using provider tvdb"

Any update on this issue and/or what do you recommend I name the TV shows that have seasons that span multiple discs?
For now, it's a bug in 4.0. I accidentally removed support for TV disc sets... when I added a validation that required a TV match to include a season and episode

I haven't fixed it yet, because I need to decide how to proceed with this. I think I should get "series" fanart and metadata at least... so I'm on it... but no eta.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

Any luck fixing the problem with your changes to vfs in beta 16 and 17?
Old 03-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Sage Icon

Sean, I made an interesting? observation with regard to the cross-linked metadata problem. On my machine it is only happening on analog recordings from my STB.

I have not observed the problem on any digital recordings via DVB-T.

I can't understand why that would make a difference. The digital recordings are recorded as .ts (otherwise comskip doesn't work)

John
Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Any luck fixing the problem with your changes to vfs in beta 16 and 17?
Unfortunately, I haven't had time to look at bmt for the last week I'm hoping to get some time this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Sean, I made an interesting? observation with regard to the cross-linked metadata problem. On my machine it is only happening on analog recordings from my STB.

I have not observed the problem on any digital recordings via DVB-T.

I can't understand why that would make a difference. The digital recordings are recorded as .ts (otherwise comskip doesn't work)

John
That's interesting... but I have to think that it's a coincidence... I'm not sure, from a bmt perspective, how they'd be any different.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Where do I need to set my DVDProfiler collection.xml path

Where do I need to set my DVDProfiler collection.xml path? I'm getting the below error:

Code:
  656 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataUtils - Cleaned Title: Dinosaur
  672 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.dvdproflocal.LocalMovieIndex - Creating Lucene Index Dir: C:\BatchMetadata\cache\indexDVDProfLocal
  672 ERROR [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.ConsoleInteractiveMetadataProcessor - Search Failed
java.lang.Exception: Missing xml.  Please Set DVDProfiler Xml Location.
	at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.dvdproflocal.LocalDVDProfMetaDataProvider.initialize(LocalDVDProfMetaDataProvider.java:89)
	at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.dvdproflocal.LocalDVDProfMetaDataProvider.search(LocalDVDProfMetaDataProvider.java:56)
	at org.jdna.process.InteractiveMetadataProcessor.searchByTitle(InteractiveMetadataProcessor.java:166)
	at org.jdna.process.InteractiveMetadataProcessor.scanMediaFile(InteractiveMetadataProcessor.java:105)
	at org.jdna.process.InteractiveMetadataProcessor$1.visit(InteractiveMetadataProcessor.java:73)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.MediaFolderTraversal.visitFile(MediaFolderTraversal.java:65)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.MediaFolderTraversal.walk(MediaFolderTraversal.java:35)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.MediaFolderTraversal.walk(MediaFolderTraversal.java:79)
	at org.jdna.process.InteractiveMetadataProcessor.process(InteractiveMetadataProcessor.java:87)
	at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.process(MetadataUpdater.java:375)
	at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.run(MetadataUpdater.java:156)
	at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:116)
  672 DEBUG [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.ConsoleInteractiveMetadataProcessor - Showing Results for: SearchQuery; Type: MOVIE; QUERY:Dinosaur;EPISODE_DATE:2010-03-04;RAW_TITLE:Dinosaur;CLEAN_TITLE:Dinosaur;FILE:F:\Encoded DVDs\Kids\Dinosaur.mkv;
 2968 INFO  [main] org.jdna.metadataupdater.ConsoleInteractiveMetadataProcessor - User selected 'q'.  Aboring.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishallowell View Post
Where do I need to set my DVDProfiler collection.xml path?
From the web ui... Configure -> Metadata Tools -> DVD Profiler
Set both the xml file and the images dir.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Sage User

ok..so i'm a bit confused..

I just installed BMT (latest) and SMW.

It seems BMT did an excellent job of finding MetaData for all my DVD's. All my DVD's are in their owner folder (<movietitle>) under my main DVD folder. The movies were digitized using DVD Shrink as VTS/VOB's without compression.

BMT created a <movietitle.properties> and a <movietitle.jpg> in the main DVD folder for each of my DVD's.

However...when using the BMT web interface and browsing the library the cover art does not show and when i go to SMW the cover art doesn't show either (but the data does). When i actually pres a DVD (or downloaded TV show for that matter) and then press the info button on the remote cover art does show a few seconds later (i guess it gets downloaded on demand)..however i don't know if this is a SageTV standard function, SMW or BMT.

So far my moviewall in it's various display methods (wall, list, cover flow, etc) all show empty DVD boxes...

Any suggestion on what i'm doing wrong?

In the BMT web interface the only DVD that have covert art shown are the ones that had a cover.jpg in the dvd title folder before i even started playing with BMT or SMW.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?
Old 03-28-2010, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

if you are seeing .jpg in the media folder then it sounds like central fanart is not enabled/configured. I'm pretty sure that bmt uses the poster from the fanart... and I suspect that SMW does as well.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage User

so does the BMT download the FanArt for me or do i have to do that manually?

BMT says the FanArt should be in: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Fanart and it says FanArt is enabled.

I don't actually see that folder in that location...so i'm guessing there is no fanart to display? BMT only does FanArt right? I'm honestly not that clear on the difference between FanArt and CoverArt....

The ones that do display something in the BMT WebUI (nothing is shown in the Sage UI) are the ones that have folder.jpg in their DVD folder.. e.g \DVD\TopGun\folder.jpg

BMT created jpeg in properties filed in \DVD\ ..e.g. \DVD\TopGun.properties and TopGun.jpeg but these are not shown in the UI...

I'm sure i'm doing something wrong...there is just so many setting on this tool...lol

Last edited by MavRic; 03-28-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

@MavRic - I would try manually updating a single item from the web ui and see if it actually downloads the fanart. I'm surprised that there is nothing in the Fanart directory... since I would think that BMT would create it, if it's not there... but I'll verify that for sure. Maybe try manually creating the Fanart dir and see what happens as well.

for for fanart/coverart... they are basically the same. Fanart is used to describe posters, backgrounds, and banners.