SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Stuckless,

The rescan is actually a library rescan from Sage "Rescan Import Folders". It doesn't matter if I manually initiate it, or if it happens during its scheduled interval automatically.

I'm usually updating a single item from the webui, but as a test I've also tried doing mass updates of folders, missing metadata category, etc.

This is what I typically have checked when I save a library import from the webui: update metadata, update fanart, create .properties, update wiz.bin.

I'll try a few other combinations when I save and see if it makes a difference.

Cheers!
Old 04-18-2010, 08:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Hi Stuckless,

The rescan is actually a library rescan from Sage "Rescan Import Folders". It doesn't matter if I manually initiate it, or if it happens during its scheduled interval automatically.

I'm usually updating a single item from the webui, but as a test I've also tried doing mass updates of folders, missing metadata category, etc.

This is what I typically have checked when I save a library import from the webui: update metadata, update fanart, create .properties, update wiz.bin.

I'll try a few other combinations when I save and see if it makes a difference.

Cheers!
I'm not seeing how those options would cause an issue... how you tried this same approach with non-iso files...ie, dvd rips, or avi files to see if the same happens for you? Also, try not creating the properties... typically if you have update wiz.bin then you don't need the properties, and they just serve as a backup of the metadata... also if you ware updating from the web then make sure you don't have the option to update the timestamp on the file checked... that will also cause sagetv to re-process the file on the next import.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm not seeing how those options would cause an issue... how you tried this same approach with non-iso files...ie, dvd rips, or avi files to see if the same happens for you? Also, try not creating the properties... typically if you have update wiz.bin then you don't need the properties, and they just serve as a backup of the metadata... also if you ware updating from the web then make sure you don't have the option to update the timestamp on the file checked... that will also cause sagetv to re-process the file on the next import.
I have some dvd rips, avi files, and TS files in my collection. None of them appear to have this issue.

I just did a small sample of ISO files while unchecking the option to create .properties files, but no joy. Same effect. On the next library scan of my import directories, the metadata goes away (i.e. can no longer see it from the Sage Interface and fields that were once populated in the webui are now blank).

I did not see a checkbox for the timestamp update. The only way I know of doing this is by clicking on the little gear by an item, and pressing a button. If this is what you are referring to then I can say that this is not part of my procedure to update the metadata.

After doing some more investigating, I found 1 ISO out of about 50 that I have, that does not have this issue. I've taken a look at its properties from the webui, but can't figure out what makes it different from the others. It was created the same way as the others; it's in a directory that contains other ISOs that have this issue.

Any ideas as to what I can look at to perhaps give us a clue?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think that several people have noted something similar... ie the automatic plugin appears to work for imported movies, but not for recorded tv... or not for recorded at some times. I'm not sure what to make of those types of inconsistencies. It could be a bug in bmt (which is most likely), or it could be a bug in sagetv, in that for some reason it's not calling the bmt plugin. As an automatic plugin, bmt, is notified by sagetv to handle media, and it does not wake up form time to time to scan for media. If sage fails to call the plugin, then nothing happens... or if sage calls the plugin and there is a bmt error, then you should see an error in the logs, or in the system messages. The lack of errors in the logs (bmt and sagetv_0) would lead me suspect that for some reason sage decided not to call the bmt plugin... but that's next to impossible to test. I am currently logging out every file that is passed to the bmt plugin, including music, pictures, etc. So, if you search the logs for your filename, and you don't see it in the bmt log, then there's a good chance bmt was not called.
Stuckless,
Love the plugin. Thought I would let you know that I am seeing the same defect as some others, in that I have fan art for imported TV but fanart is not being downloaded for TV recorded by Sage. This is a brand new setup, and not in full time use, so let me know if there is anything you want me to test.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
After doing some more investigating, I found 1 ISO out of about 50 that I have, that does not have this issue. I've taken a look at its properties from the webui, but can't figure out what makes it different from the others. It was created the same way as the others; it's in a directory that contains other ISOs that have this issue.

Any ideas as to what I can look at to perhaps give us a clue?
If you load the default STV... do the videos show up in it's media library... also do the ISOs show up in the Sage Imports view from the web ui? If there are gone in those 2 locations as well as the MyMovies view in SageMC, then it looks as if SageTV is removing them as media items... but if they exist in the web ui, and the default STV views, then for some reason it would appear that SageMC is removing it from it's view... If it's only in SageMC, then i'd suggest upgrading to the latest SageMC stv, and see what happens there.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If you load the default STV... do the videos show up in it's media library... also do the ISOs show up in the Sage Imports view from the web ui? If there are gone in those 2 locations as well as the MyMovies view in SageMC, then it looks as if SageTV is removing them as media items... but if they exist in the web ui, and the default STV views, then for some reason it would appear that SageMC is removing it from it's view... If it's only in SageMC, then i'd suggest upgrading to the latest SageMC stv, and see what happens there.
With the default STV loaded, the videos still show up in the media library, as well as the Sage Import view of the web ui. I'm running SageMC 6.3.9b pre-release 24, which I believe is the latest version.

What's interesting is if I generate metadata for any one of these shows, and save it, I can see those info fields populated (GetShowDescription, GetShowYear, etc) if I click on the gear icon pertaining to that item in the web ui. Then when a rescan is done, if I go back and look at those fields, they're empty. Doesn't that mean it's getting cleared from my wiz.bin?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
With the default STV loaded, the videos still show up in the media library, as well as the Sage Import view of the web ui. I'm running SageMC 6.3.9b pre-release 24, which I believe is the latest version.

What's interesting is if I generate metadata for any one of these shows, and save it, I can see those info fields populated (GetShowDescription, GetShowYear, etc) if I click on the gear icon pertaining to that item in the web ui. Then when a rescan is done, if I go back and look at those fields, they're empty. Doesn't that mean it's getting cleared from my wiz.bin?
Yeah... if you are seeing those fields being blanked out... then I would think that something (either bmt or sagetv) is clearing out the metadata

If you look at the .properties for one of the failing .iso files, does it look normal? if the metadata in the .properties is bad...ie blanked out, then sage could be importing that later, and blanking the fields.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
Stuckless,
Love the plugin. Thought I would let you know that I am seeing the same defect as some others, in that I have fan art for imported TV but fanart is not being downloaded for TV recorded by Sage. This is a brand new setup, and not in full time use, so let me know if there is anything you want me to test.

One thing I have noticed while playing around is that no matter what my setting is for "Enabled" under automatic configuration in the settings page Automatic Plugin Enabled "Server" is true. I can uncheck the box, click save and it will still say true on the status screen.

Does a property setting get changed when that is enabled, disabled? Is there something I can look at in Sage.properties to see if it is really enabled?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
One thing I have noticed while playing around is that no matter what my setting is for "Enabled" under automatic configuration in the settings page Automatic Plugin Enabled "Server" is true. I can uncheck the box, click save and it will still say true on the status screen.

Does a property setting get changed when that is enabled, disabled? Is there something I can look at in Sage.properties to see if it is really enabled?
I probably need to update the status page to better reflect the state... the status page checks if "media_metadata_parser_plugin" in the Sage.properties of the server has the BMT metadata plugin specified... and if so, it reparts that the automatic plugin is installed. BUT, from the configuration page, if you uncheck the "Enabled" field, then the bmt plugin, while being installed, it will not process files.. it just return immediately. This is done so that the user doesn't have to uninstall the parser plugin entry just to disable the plugin. What I'll try to do is update the status page to report both of these values instead of just checking the one...
Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I probably need to update the status page to better reflect the state... the status page checks if "media_metadata_parser_plugin" in the Sage.properties of the server has the BMT metadata plugin specified... and if so, it reparts that the automatic plugin is installed. BUT, from the configuration page, if you uncheck the "Enabled" field, then the bmt plugin, while being installed, it will not process files.. it just return immediately. This is done so that the user doesn't have to uninstall the parser plugin entry just to disable the plugin. What I'll try to do is update the status page to report both of these values instead of just checking the one...

Interesting. I do not have a media_metadata_parser_plugin entry in my Sage.properties file. However, that is the metadata parser plugin that is specified in the web ui - as indicated by the installation instructions.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Interesting. I do not have a media_metadata_parser_plugin entry in my Sage.properties file. However, that is the metadata parser plugin that is specified in the web ui - as indicated by the installation instructions.
I may have misspelled the property... just search for metadata and see if anything looks similar to that property... also, this would be in the Sage.properties of the server (not a client).
Old 04-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I may have misspelled the property... just search for metadata and see if anything looks similar to that property... also, this would be in the Sage.properties of the server (not a client).
Ahh, ok found it:
Code:
mediafile_metadata_parser_plugins=org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin

Bummer, was hoping I was on to something.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yeah... if you are seeing those fields being blanked out... then I would think that something (either bmt or sagetv) is clearing out the metadata

If you look at the .properties for one of the failing .iso files, does it look normal? if the metadata in the .properties is bad...ie blanked out, then sage could be importing that later, and blanking the fields.
Those .properties files look fine to me. I'll send one to your gmail account in case you see something that I don't. But the description along with all the other info appears to be there, it just looks like it's no longer in my wiz.bin.

Is anyone else using ISOs with BMT 4.0? If so, are you experiencing this issue, or is everything working as it should?

Last edited by petereader; 04-19-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: adding last 2 questions
Old 04-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Command Line

Since, I am having trouble getting the automatic plugin to work I am attempting to try and use the command line via SJQ.

Here is my command line:
Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV>java -jar metadatatool.jar --auto=true --prompt=f
alse --touch --notifySageTV --overwrite E:\DancingWiththeStars-51049-0.mpg
Most importantly, my wife watches this show, not me.. Now with that out of the way.

I noticed two things.

1) It didn't seem to parse the title correctly.. Well it parsed the title correctly, but for some reason the "the" is not in upper camel case.. So it was searching for "Dancing Withthe Stars". I don't know if this is a common problem or not.

2) I would get an exception when it went to notify sage TV:
Notifying Sage to Refresh Imported Media

Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeExcepti
on: Timed out waiting for a Sage Server Reply.
        at sagex.SageAPI.getRemoteProvider(SageAPI.java:73)
        at org.jdna.metadataupdater.BMTSageAPIProvider.callService(BMTSageAPIPro
vider.java:45)
vider.java:39)
        at sagex.SageAPI.call(SageAPI.java:88)
        at sagex.api.Global.RunLibraryImportScan(Global.java:743)
        at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.process(MetadataUpdater.java
:407)
        at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.run(MetadataUpdater.java:156
)
        at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:11
6)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Timed out wai
ting for a Sage Server Reply.
        at sagex.remote.server.SimpleDatagramClient$2.onFailure(SimpleDatagramCl
ient.java:78)
        at sagex.remote.server.SimpleDatagramClient.send(SimpleDatagramClient.ja
va:54)
        at sagex.remote.server.SimpleDatagramClient.findRemoteServer(SimpleDatag
ramClient.java:67)
        at sagex.SageAPI.getRemoteProvider(SageAPI.java:54)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Timed out waiting for a Sage Server Reply
        ... 10 more
Not sure if either of these were known issues.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Since, I am having trouble getting the automatic plugin to work I am attempting to try and use the command line via SJQ.

Here is my command line:
Code:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV>java -jar metadatatool.jar --auto=true --prompt=f
alse --touch --notifySageTV --overwrite E:\DancingWiththeStars-51049-0.mpg
Most importantly, my wife watches this show, not me.. Now with that out of the way.

I noticed two things.

1) It didn't seem to parse the title correctly.. Well it parsed the title correctly, but for some reason the "the" is not in upper camel case.. So it was searching for "Dancing Withthe Stars". I don't know if this is a common problem or not.

2) I would get an exception when it went to notify sage TV:

Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeExcepti
on: Timed out waiting for a Sage Server Reply.
        at sagex.SageAPI.getRemoteProvider(SageAPI.java:73)
vider.java:45)
vider.java:39)
        at sagex.SageAPI.call(SageAPI.java:88)
        at sagex.api.Global.RunLibraryImportScan(Global.java:743)
        at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.process(MetadataUpdater.java
:407)
        at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.run(MetadataUpdater.java:156
)
        at org.jdna.metadataupdater.MetadataUpdater.main(MetadataUpdater.java:11
6)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Timed out wai
ting for a Sage Server Reply.
        at sagex.remote.server.SimpleDatagramClient$2.onFailure(SimpleDatagramCl
ient.java:78)
        at sagex.remote.server.SimpleDatagramClient.send(SimpleDatagramClient.ja
va:54)
        at sagex.remote.server.SimpleDatagramClient.findRemoteServer(SimpleDatag
ramClient.java:67)
        at sagex.SageAPI.getRemoteProvider(SageAPI.java:54)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Timed out waiting for a Sage Server Reply
        ... 10 more
Not sure if either of these were known issues.
This issue with the title is that the bmt filename processor doesn't know that "the" is a word since it doesn't start with a capital letter This will most certainly cause the lookup to fail on tvdb, because their search engine is very picky.

The Exception is a result of the fact that the command cannot find a sagetv server. To use the notify option, you need to have the remote apis configured... ie, jetty installed and the sagex-api.xml context file deployed... etc. If you add an enhancement req I can probably add support for just calling the "refresh library" command over http on an existing nielm webserver. But if you don't add a request... then you can be sure I'll forget about it
Old 04-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Sage User

renaming syntax

I seem to be missing something here, can someone point me to the correct syntax for using the renaming commandline

java -jar MetadataTool.jar --renameFilePattern="${title} -
${SeasonNumber:java.text.DecimalFormat:00}x${EpisodeNumber:java.text.DecimalFormat:00} - ${EpisodeTitle}.${FileExtension}"
Old 04-21-2010, 03:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

I have a really dumb question, but I could not find the answer in this thread or the wiki documentation. If I already have version 3 installed and want to upgrade to this version, do I need to edit or remove the metadata_parser_plugin (whatever it is called) entry in the Sage.properties file or does it get done automatically when I do this:

Quote:
To enable this plugin, you must register bmt as a sagetv metadata plugin source. To do this, from the web ui, go to Configuration -> SageTV -> Metadata Settings and set org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin as the Metadata Parser. Then Save.
It looks like I just need to stop sage, unzip the package, and go through the config procedure - but I want to make sure before I do anything. Right now version 3 works well for me so I am really looking forward to this version being even better.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I have a really dumb question, but I could not find the answer in this thread or the wiki documentation. If I already have version 3 installed and want to upgrade to this version, do I need to edit or remove the metadata_parser_plugin (whatever it is called) entry in the Sage.properties file or does it get done automatically when I do this:
If you already have 3 installed, then just unzip and restart sagetv server. The parser plugin class is the same name for both 3 and 4 and the web url is the same as well... so it should hopefully be transparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkopp View Post
I seem to be missing something here, can someone point me to the correct syntax for using the renaming commandline

java -jar MetadataTool.jar --renameFilePattern="${title} -
${SeasonNumber:java.text.DecimalFormat:00}x${EpisodeNumber:java.text.DecimalFormat:00} - ${EpisodeTitle}.${FileExtension}"
I'll be honest, I have not tested this under 4.x, and I didn't write the code for it... but it looks right.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

OK, thanks for that. Where is the documentation for the API? I'd like to update the STV as well because I like to manually look up fanart. I read somewhere in this massive thread that the STV for version 3 will not work for version 4.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Sage Icon

I have some odd BMT behavior going on and was wondering if anyone else is having any issues like this.

I have the auto plugin of the latest beta BMT build 21 turned off because it was causing me some serious pain and suffering with my metadata.

What is happening now is whatever the last file which i used BMT to find the metdata for and save it, it will DEFAULT for all new recordings to use this fanart, and even show names...

Example:

Deadliest Catch recorded last night.

I looked it up using bmt web and save the file info and fanart using bmt web.

Now my wife is upstairs watching a few shows, and as i look at them through the UI on y HD200 i see that they are showing up as Deadliset Catch..which they of course are not.

Strange, but any ideas, or more info i can provide to help you out?