SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Also, one suggestion. For the Metadata Tools -> Metadata Configuration, you may want to update your "tooltip" for "Central Fanart Folder" to indicate that in windows, you need to use double slashes for folders. At first I used "T:\Fanart" and was ripping my hair out trying to figure out why nothing was working. I then updated to "T:\\Fanart" and it started working as expected. Just a suggestion.
That's probably a bug... I don't think that the UI should expect you to enter the path using \\

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Thanks for pointing me in the right directions on the System Messages I found it and fixed it.

On the problem with dropping success on metadata it is no hits. I discovered this afternoon that thetvdb was having some more outages so I'm hoping that was the cause. I was running beta 9 so I should update to 10 anyhow. I'll let you know if the no hits problem continues. (If only my Cubs could throw more no hit games I wouldn't care about missing metadata from BMT.)
Keep me posted... I'm hoping the latest change to the tvdb will actually increase hits... not decrease

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovirax_tomer View Post
thank you for the support of language in thetvdb.

i try to finding a Metadata to some series.
for example: "doll house" (in hebrew: "בית הבובות")
but i got a lot of unrelated result.

if i search in thetvdb.com i get one result:
http://thetvdb.com/?string=%D7%91%D7...unction=Search
It appears that I have some work to do on the languages. From what I tell when I send the query to the server, it's really mangling the query. I need to check to make sure that I'm using UTF-8 from end to end.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:46 PM
SageTVaholic

@LehighBri - regarding your question about .properites... SageTV will write .properties when SetMediaFileMetadata() is called (which bmt uses). You can turn this off using the sagetv property, update_external_properties_files_on_metadata_changes, which is in the Sage.properties, or you can disable it from the Web UI under Configure -> Sage TV -> Metadata Settings -> Update .properties when changed
Old 02-25-2010, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Just wanted to let people know that it'll probably be a few days before the next beta. I'm in the process of setting up a windows test area for testing some of the filesystem issues that have come up. So far I've been able to duplicate the "Missing first letter" problem, which is promising, but it's going to take a few days to sort out the real issue.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It did "update", but because overwriteFanart is false and overwriteMetadata is false, then nothing actually got updated
I will try changing those settings to allow updating, but I still don't quite understand. I get properties files for all of my other recordings. It seems like The Daily Show has only stopped getting properties files since I have added it to the MetadataTitles.xml. I will play around with it some more and report back.

EDIT: I was wrong, I am not getting properties files for anything now. It seems like it is since updating to the most recent beta. I am going to turn on the overwrite options to see if I start getting properties files.

EDIT2: Confirmed. I get no properties files for anything unless the overwrite settings are on. It didn't work this way before the last beta. So I guess my question is, which way is it supposed to work? Either a new bug was introduced or an old bug was fixed, I just don't know which

Last edited by skiingwiz; 02-26-2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Adding more info
Old 02-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
EDIT2: Confirmed. I get no properties files for anything unless the overwrite settings are on. It didn't work this way before the last beta. So I guess my question is, which way is it supposed to work? Either a new bug was introduced or an old bug was fixed, I just don't know which
Bump - Yup, just posted a question on this as well (then deleted when I thought I'd read what was already there).... I' still using beta9 so it's not the newest.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
I will try changing those settings to allow updating, but I still don't quite understand. I get properties files for all of my other recordings. It seems like The Daily Show has only stopped getting properties files since I have added it to the MetadataTitles.xml. I will play around with it some more and report back.

EDIT: I was wrong, I am not getting properties files for anything now. It seems like it is since updating to the most recent beta. I am going to turn on the overwrite options to see if I start getting properties files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Bump - Yup, just posted a question on this as well (then deleted when I thought I'd read what was already there).... I' still using beta9 so it's not the newest.
I did change that in beta9... maybe I should revert those changes I guess I almost need 2 settings... Overwrite metadata and Upodate Metadata. ie, if Update metadata is turned off, then ONLY fanart updates would be done. Does that make sense to people, or too confusing??
Old 02-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I did change that in beta9... maybe I should revert those changes I guess I almost need 2 settings... Overwrite metadata and Upodate Metadata. ie, if Update metadata is turned off, then ONLY fanart updates would be done. Does that make sense to people, or too confusing??
Maybe this is a good place to state purpose... my purpose is to use the .properties to rename files with 'series - s##e##" format and move them out of sagetv. Once that's done, I'm done. So I don't really want/need to update, just create, if that makes sense/helps. I believe 'overwrite' would work if it creates the .properties file. Alternately there may be a better way to do what I'm trying to do? I haven't been able to figure out the commandline options yet.... but it's raining so maybe this afternoon I've have a eureka moment.....
Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I don't know that you need two settings. I think I just didn't understand what the setting was supposed to do. When I read "overwrite", I didn't associate that with the creation of properties files, so I didn't think I needed to have it set. (And prior to beta 9, I guess I didn't).

So, if this is the way it is supposed to work, I have no problem with it, I'll just set it to overwrite metadata. I just thought that I had found a bug.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I installed v4 beta and am very impressed with the new webface. Still plucking my way through but I really like what I see so far.

Just to give you an idea of how I like to use it.

My goal for videos is to be able to create .properties files for any video, edit .properties files, download the fanart and be able to manually change if desired. Once this is done, not accidentally overwrite it.

I also move my TV recorded movies and series out off my recording server, to my fileserver.

Keep up the great work. I really appreciate your effort.

Grant
Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's beta11

Fixes
1. fixed missing first letter on some media items
2. fixed issue when the import folder was a single drive letter
3. bluray/dvd videos should now show as media items and not folders
4. Troubleshooter now creates correct filename in windows, also, only selectively includes stub files

@OneOfMany, @skiingwiz, @bikesquid - I'm still thinking about overwrite options....
Old 02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Sean, congrats on getting 4.0 to almost a full release version! Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but did you remember to also fix the issue with the automatic plugin not being able to handle movie recordings on TV? I wasn't sure which one of the items it might have been in the list of issues. I thought I'd mention it while 4.0 is still in beta just to make sure.

Thanks!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-26-2010, 11:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Sean, congrats on getting 4.0 to almost a full release version! Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but did you remember to also fix the issue with the automatic plugin not being able to handle movie recordings on TV? I wasn't sure which one of the items it might have been in the list of issues. I thought I'd mention it while 4.0 is still in beta just to make sure.

Thanks!
It should be fixed... i've added code to address it, but I don't actually have any media types that match that criteria
Old 02-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Here's beta11

Fixes
1. fixed missing first letter on some media items
2. fixed issue when the import folder was a single drive letter
3. bluray/dvd videos should now show as media items and not folders
4. Troubleshooter now creates correct filename in windows, also, only selectively includes stub files
Would it help if I go back to using drive letters rather than UNC for testing of #1&2?
Quote:
@OneOfMany, @skiingwiz, @bikesquid - I'm still thinking about overwrite options....
For what it's worth, my thought regarding .properties files:
I see three ways of looking at this,
1) create if not exist
2) update/change/fix if it does
3) overwrite/replace.

I see no harm in assuming #1 should be ok to do. I think 2 & 3 could be sticky issues for some and I've been driven to drink by applications that keep overwriting things that I fix, etc. In any case, creating a .properties.bak wouldn't be a bad way to save undo info?

For the interface/config, maybe a simple "ignore as default" or "update as default" choice with an override check box for the condition as appropriate per each item... in other words some have very few things they want to exclude from and update, others that may be the majority so wouldn't it be elegant to have the application handle both situations. Just thinking out loud. As long as I understand what to do to get .properties to be created I'd be thrilled!

Last edited by bikesquid; 02-27-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Interesting problem: I went in and removed the import directories and reindexed,the previously imported items still show up as recorded tv... I think I know where that went wrong when first imported, but don't know how to remove them from sagetv. Any suggestions?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Sage Icon

With this build (beta 11) I'm no longer getting metadata using the automatic plugin and on-demand in Sage for any show with a special character (.,) in the episode title. From the web gui it works fine.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

What am I doing wrong? (admittedly I am new to BMT and fanart).

I installed the latest beta. I created the central fanart directory. I did a scan of my recordings, asking BMT to get fanart. But no fanart was downloaded. Indeed, no subfolders were created. Doesn't that happen automatically? Why am I getting no fanart?
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Interesting problem: I went in and removed the import directories and reindexed,the previously imported items still show up as recorded tv... I think I know where that went wrong when first imported, but don't know how to remove them from sagetv. Any suggestions?
If you wrote the data to the wiz.bin you would need to restore to a wiz.bin prior to all the metadata updating. If it is done with .properties files just delete the .properties and any unwanted fanart and refresh your import directories from within Sage. If it was written to the wiz.bin and you don't have a backup copy then you would need to overwrite it again with the correct metadata.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If the old .properties were still lying around then they'll be picked up and used by the automatic plugin, so that could be the the reason. Typically if you remove imports, then sagetv will "clean" them from it's database, but it may not do it until it does its reconciliation checks. ie, i've seen where I've deleted files on the filesystem, and they've stayed in the video library screen for a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
With this build (beta 11) I'm no longer getting metadata using the automatic plugin and on-demand in Sage for any show with a special character (.,) in the episode title. From the web gui it works fine.
Crap... it just occurred to me that yeah... that would happen because of the "overwrite" changed that I added. I'll try to sort out the "overwrite" today and push a new build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6 View Post
What am I doing wrong? (admittedly I am new to BMT and fanart).

I installed the latest beta. I created the central fanart directory. I did a scan of my recordings, asking BMT to get fanart. But no fanart was downloaded. Indeed, no subfolders were created. Doesn't that happen automatically? Why am I getting no fanart?
From the webui, you will also need to configure your central fanart directory. If you haven't explicitly set a directory, then it will use/create a default one under STVs/Phoenix/Fanart/. The other thing is that sagetv will need write access to the directory that you created.

If you still can't resolve this, then email the logs to me. If you are confortable with the command line, you can use the new --support option to have it build up a zip file of the log files that you can then send to me.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Sage User

Can I get 4.0 b8 to work via SSL? The 3.x version worked, but the new one just hangs. I didn't see anything in the context to enable it. anyways, I love the new version, much easier to use, and works great!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydeath View Post
Can I get 4.0 b8 to work via SSL? The 3.x version worked, but the new one just hangs. I didn't see anything in the context to enable it. anyways, I love the new version, much easier to use, and works great!
The context hasn't changed from 3.x to 4.x... and I don't actually know what needs to happen in order to enable ssl. Has anyone used 4.x with ssl?