SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 04-22-2004, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh sorry man just sounded like you did not like it
Old 04-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

You might still be able to pick up the lola remote cheap:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...%3D1&gotopage=
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 04-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

If you really want one of those remotes....you can also sign up on the waiting list:

http://www.x10.com/techliving1/index.htm

Dgo for the free lighting kit, it was an either or kind of deal. Unless you do some tricky kind of thing where you have your neighbor buy it or something. : )
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 04-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Sage User

So just install ATI remote driver and Girder will make it work with Sage? It sounds too easy....
Old 04-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

well........you have to still program it with girder. I'm going to try and do that this weekend. I have no idea how to user girder so it'll be a fun experience....but it can't be THAT hard right?? :/ The good news is that the ati plugin is available for girder, there is already instructions on how to to this.

Here is some plugin I found on the web for the ati remote (this lola remote and sage...written by nielm). I'm at work and can't try it yet...:

http://remotew.free.fr/plugins.htm#sagetv

The ATI driver will allow you to get some functionality out of the remote in Sage, you will be able to use the up/down/left/right and be able to program the A/B/C/D/E/F buttons with the ati interface.
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 04-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

I kind of figured out girder and made a quick lola config file that will work for using the lola remote. It requires that Sage be the target window, but I haven't figured out how to make it switch to Sage if it isn't active.

You must first install the ati/girder plugin, this driver covers MOST of the buttons. It does not work for the SCAN+/-,TOP,END,FIND,and SELECT buttons. Maybe later on down the road a lola adapted plugin will be created. Also, the power button can not be used for sleep. I'm seeing that the ati utility wants to shutdown SageTv when clicked, there may be a way to disable this.

I did not map the (A/B), Add/Delete, and the (A/B/C/D/E/F) keys these are the colored keys on the remote. I'll leave these ones for you to map...you can map one of them to sleep. Page Up is the Menu and Page Down is the Go button.

Attached is the lola.gml and the ati/girder driver (and source). You must go out to ati's website and download the ati driver. You must also download a copy of girder. Follow the instructions in the zip file (attached) for getting the plugins installed, it is pretty simple. In girder open up lola.gml and then you should be all set.

FYI:
This lola file was created using the latest girder and SageTV RC2. I'll be eventually moving back to the free version of girder, if the lola file is not backwards compatible, I will make a new one.

I may eventually edit the ati/girder plugins because the source is available....if there is a programmer in the group who has the remote...maybe they can take a stab at it? : )
SageTv = PriceLess

Last edited by Alex0230; 04-24-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Unless you do some tricky kind of thing where you have your neighbor buy it or something. : ) [/B]
Or possibly have your wife purchase it and ship it to her work address......Not that I would know if that works or not

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

probably...insomniac, not sure how strict they are on the new customer rules.

On a side note, I found a plugin that allows the remote power button to be used by girder because it doesn't require the ati program to be running only installed. However this plugin doesn't map the new buttons either and isn't open sourced....so close!! : )

There is an error in the lola.gml I posted above, I mapped the volume down button wrong. If you're looking through the gml file at volume up/down... you will think I have it backwards. That is because the string being streamed back from the plugins are backwards....if you do a learn and press the volume up button, it will say volume down was pressed in girder.

I'm happy with this 6 dollar remote, I bought it because the hauppage remote conflicts with my phillips tv. This remote allowed my to program (somewhat) my phillips tv to it and control sage with it. Well worth the 6 dollar risk in my mind...plus I needed the 3.5mm microphone out to RCA cable.

Attached is a new one:

Edit:

I'm going to redo my girder file to use the new X10 plugin on the girder site to avoid the pop ups from the ati program. I emailed the author of the plugin to see if he had advice about the other buttons. My initial attempts to tweak the ati plugins yielded no results....I did find that the ADD/DELETE and the A/B buttons are programmable though. ADD/DELETE is the MENU button and the A/B is the setup button according the plugin.
SageTv = PriceLess

Last edited by Alex0230; 04-24-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

I am very impressed with what I got for six dollars. I couldn't block the signal from the remote, it even worked when I went into another room.

I installed the ATI drivers first, but the usb receiver wasn't recognized when I plugged it in, so I ended up having to install the lola software anyway. The ati drivers required a reboot and had me wondering if my system crashed on restart, because it took a while before the installation continued after reboot. The lola software installation didn't require a reboot. I then disable the startup program for both ati and lola in there preferences. I then downloaded the "X10/ATI remote" plugin from http://www.girder.nl/plugins.php I already was using girder with the hauppauge remote using the plugin someone posted on the sageTV forum. It was just a matter of learning a new event for each command. Now girder responds to either remote. I had no problems using any of the button in girder with this plugin. It may take so manual editing to get girder to respond to the repeat signal, however.

Last edited by malore; 04-23-2004 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did you get all the buttons to work? I was unable to get the TOP/END/FIND/SELECT buttons along with the SCAN- and SCAN+ buttons to work in girder. I figured the buttons were not supported by the plugins.

You have to install the lola software in order for the usb device to work and the ati software is for the girder plugin to work....but yeah, with the X10 plugin from the girder website, you can disable the startup for it...allowing you to use the power button for sleep.
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 04-24-2004, 07:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Yes, the Top, End, Scan+-, and every other button I tried worked without problem. If you installed the ati software after the lola software, you might try installing the lola software again. The ati software might overwrite any custom x10 drivers.

Last edited by malore; 04-24-2004 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

NICE!! That worked perfectly....I just reinstalled lola. This was well worth my 6 dollars.

For those following along, here at the instructions to get this going (in this order):

1) Install the ATI remote software.
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/m...onder-1-2.html
(remove the launch at startup options after program is installed)

2) Install the Lola software, the link is provided via email after purchase.

4) Download and install a version of girder, the free version 3.29 works for this.

3) Download the X10 plugin for girder.
http://www.girder.nl/downloadn.php?Link=450

4) Place the plugin in <Girder install dir>/plugins and enable it through the program by going to FILE -> SETTINGS -> PLUGINS and placing a check next to the X10/ATI plugin.

5) Create your own gml file, modify an existing one, or open an already create one for use with this remote.

I'm attaching my girder file that is using this plugin that has the scan +/- buttons enabled and the power button enabled as well for sleep. The page up button is the menu button and the page down button is the go button. The other custom buttons have not been mapped. This file is also backward compatible with the old plugin mappings I posted previously.

Sage must have focus in order for it to send the keys to it...I figured I'd post it for people who don't want to mess with girder all that much up front.

So it turns out that this remote was worth it after all...they're supposed to bring back the 6 dollar deal.

If you don't want to sign up for fear of spam, I often check the slickdeals.net forums and I'm sure it'll be up there when it is back on. I'll post it again....
Attached Files
File Type: zip gml.zip (4.5 KB, 292 views)
SageTv = PriceLess

Last edited by Alex0230; 05-18-2004 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Sage Icon

FYI:

If your installing Lola, there is no need to install the ATI drivers. Everything works just fine without (of course you will need all the girder plugins and the linked GML file still

I.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex0230
NICE!! That worked perfectly....I just reinstalled lola. This was well worth my 6 dollars.

For those following along, here at the instructions to get this going (in this order):

1) Install the ATI remote software.
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/m...onder-1-2.html

2) Install the Lola software, the link is provided via email after purchase.

4) Download and install a version of girder, the free version 3.29 works for this.

3) Download the X10 plugin for girder.
http://www.girder.nl/downloadn.php?Link=450

4) Place the plugin in <Girder install dir>/plugins and enable it through the program by going to FILE -> SETTINGS -> PLUGINS and placing a check next to the X10/ATI plugin.

5) Create your own gml file, modify an existing one, or open an already create one for use with this remote.

I'm attaching my girder file that is using this plugin that has the scan +/- buttons enabled and the power button enabled as well for sleep. The page up button is the menu button and the page down button is the go button. The other custom buttons have not been mapped. This file is also backward compatible with the old plugin mappings I posted previously.

Sage must have focus in order for it to send the keys to it...I figured I'd post it for people who don't want to mess with girder all that much up front.

So it turns out that this remote was worth it after all...they're supposed to bring back the 6 dollar deal.

If you don't want to sign up for fear of spam, I often check the slickdeals.net forums and I'm sure it'll be up there when it is back on. I'll post it again....

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

good to know and makes perfect sense....just didn't think about it.. : )
SageTv = PriceLess
Old 04-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to TunaBoo Send a message via AIM to TunaBoo Send a message via Yahoo to TunaBoo
I am not having luck without the ATI drivers, its not finding my input device...
Old 04-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to TunaBoo Send a message via AIM to TunaBoo Send a message via Yahoo to TunaBoo
NM, I had to install lola then close it.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:36 PM
SageTVaholic

hey I am getting no luck using your gml can you post your new one
I am using stranger89's and it works
I would like to use the TV, Audio and CBL buttons on the lola but everytime I try they switch to that function
I see girder responding to your GML but it does nothing

do you have any way to defeat this operation of the remote
I really would like to use all the button for Sage
Old 05-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Does anyone know whether this thing has the JP1 connector on it?
Old 05-13-2004, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

I looked for a JP1 connector and it was not in the battery compartment like my OFA 8910. I don't know if it can be added either.

I was bummed also
Old 05-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using a copy of stanger's gml because I wanted the sendmessage ability. But I'll throw in both my gml files if you want. The one without sendmessage means sage has to have focus in order for it to receive the commands.

You have the ability to reprogram the TV/Audio/CBL/PC/X10 buttons for capture by Girder....I guess if you need extra buttons for Sage. Girder will however respond (flashy icon) to these buttons because it is valid signal being seen, doesn't mean it is mapped to anything though.

When it comes to programming the lola remote, it is limited it what buttons you can "program". This is atleast in my experience, I still have to open a help ticket up with them and see if my remote it busted or something. For example, I can only program my CH+, CH-, VOL+, VOL-, M, and A/B in TV mode.
SageTv = PriceLess

Last edited by Alex0230; 05-18-2004 at 07:03 AM.