SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 05-13-2004, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

damn I could reprogram every button
but When I reprogramed the TV, Audio , CBL buttons they tended to stay on that function instead of using the pc button function

I would just like to do TV= Sage
Audio=AxifeFM player
CBL=TheaterTek
PC=windows

I do not want to use the remote currently with anu none pc based hardware

basically if I map Sage to TV then I have to hit the pc button after I close or open it
it is kind of dumb to not be able to get after the function
Old 05-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex0230
When it comes to programming the lola remote, it is limited it what buttons you can "program". This is atleast in my experience, I still have to open a help ticket up with them and see if my remote it busted or something. For example, I can only program my CH+, CH-, VOL+, VOL-, M, and A/B in TV mode.
So is this not normal behavior? Mine does the same and from your post in a prior thread I thought that "feature" is WAD.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well to me it is not very clear to me, according to the manual, which buttons are programmable by the remote itself. What I have noticed is that if I am in TV mode and I hit a numeric pad button, it activates the PC light; which tells me that is a PC mode button only.

I had no problem using girder to capture all the buttons in pc mode, but for tv mode, only a handful of buttons were availble for me. I wasn't sure if this normal behavior or not, I didn't really pursue it with x10 yet. I guess I should also note, that I'm trying to control my TV in tv mode...

EDIT
Yeah I found it in the manual.....

Page 26:
Note, you can only learn codes under Power, VOL+/-, CH+/-, and Mute buttons.
Hauppage 350 Bundle = $220
SageTv = PriceLess

Last edited by Alex0230; 05-13-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

I think the manual indicates that those are the only programmable buttons. Even using the preset codes, those are the only buttons that worked with my TV.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

yeah I just want to use all the buttons for Sage not for a TV, Cable box, audio, pc, and x10

if you map these buttons with girder you will have to immediately hit pc again to regain control in Sage
Old 05-25-2004, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

ok...so Ive got all this working in the past, but for some reason I just cant get this up and working on my new client machine.

The client machine has no tuner card.
Does have a lola remote w/ lola app installed and disabled.
Does have Girder (free and 3.3.x available to test)
Girder does respond when I press the remote buttons, so half the battle is won!

BUT,

No matter what I do to try to get it to control Sage, I get no response...

I believe im doing everything correctly, it just doesnt like me at this time...

im not at my console, but I believe you have to set the girder (sage) group to:

sagewin
sageapp
sagetvclient

or similar (which Ive read in multiple posts)

So in the interrest of less troubleshooting....CAN someone PLEASE post their (sage client) GML and maybe brief instructions (if you really care) on what you did to get up and running

Maybe I just need your GML?

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Administrator

For the client:

window name - SageWin
window class name - SageClientApp

Set those as your target for the SendMessage plugin & it should work. I don't know if you _need_ the Executable, but I have that set to Sage, with "substring matching" checked. Finally, the one I copied mine from also checked "Match invisible Tasks".

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Sage Icon

Hey Opus4,

Thanks for the reply. I believe I have tried that, but will give it another try tonight. Could I get a copy of your GML you have working with your client? As I recal, you are running a Lola correct?

I.

EDIT:

I think you should put my dogs head on your puddy as well

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
For the client:

window name - SageWin
window class name - SageClientApp

Set those as your target for the SendMessage plugin & it should work. I don't know if you _need_ the Executable, but I have that set to Sage, with "substring matching" checked. Finally, the one I copied mine from also checked "Match invisible Tasks".

- Andy

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by insomniac
Thanks for the reply. I believe I have tried that, but will give it another try tonight. Could I get a copy of your GML you have working with your client? As I recal, you are running a Lola correct?
Yes, I have an 'experimental' lola on my client. I simply used kny3twalker's gml that he modified from stanger89 (see this post in another lola thread), then right clicked on the SageTV group and "Set Group Targets" just as I described above. You've got the SendMessage plugin enabled, right? Hmmm... just a couple messages below that link, I mentioned what I did to make it work on the client.

Quote:
I think you should put my dogs head on your puddy as well
Actually, I've been meaning to get into the studio (my _photography_ studio) and do something 'artisitic' with my mostly black at, but I haven't had the time yet.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

Ok thanks,

Ill resume troubleshooting tonight.

I.

Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
Yes, I have an 'experimental' lola on my client. I simply used kny3twalker's gml that he modified from stanger89 (see this post in another lola thread), then right clicked on the SageTV group and "Set Group Targets" just as I described above. You've got the SendMessage plugin enabled, right? Hmmm... just a couple messages below that link, I mentioned what I did to make it work on the client.

Actually, I've been meaning to get into the studio (my _photography_ studio) and do something 'artisitic' with my mostly black at, but I haven't had the time yet.

- Andy

My sage rigs:
Old 05-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I did it the long way with SageClient. I set the target for each command individually (while sage client was running in a window), starting with the gml that was posted in this thread.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's my GML (well stranger's but the buttons are configured)

I use it for my server though

ATI remote for Client, sorry

also you do have send messsge plug in checked as well as X 10 plugin checked in girder
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv lola.zip (2.5 KB, 221 views)
Old 05-25-2004, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

AHHH! this is killing me..Id swear that everything is correct. No matter what I do, I cannot get Anything to send to sage. SendMessage is checked as well as the x10 plugin. Im startign to think that its the new X10 plugin which requires 3.3.x...

Does anyone have the old plugin which worked with 3.2.x?

I.

EDIT:

Phew...it was the new x10/ati plugin that wasnt working. I found an old install and the old plugin which now works just fine! If anyone is having the same problem, pm me and I can hook you up with the 3.2.x plugin.

Thanks all for your help!

I.

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
Here's my GML (well stranger's but the buttons are configured)

I use it for my server though

ATI remote for Client, sorry

also you do have send messsge plug in checked as well as X 10 plugin checked in girder

My sage rigs:

Last edited by insomniac; 05-25-2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:15 PM
SageTVaholic

HUH I did not know they changed it

this is the one I have
same as your old one or new one?
Attached Files
File Type: zip x10_remote.zip (184.5 KB, 390 views)
Old 05-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

yep...it seems that the girder site is prolly force clensing their site of 3.2.x plugins to force people to buy 3.3.x..

I.

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
HUH I did not know they changed it

this is the one I have
same as your old one or new one?

My sage rigs:
Old 05-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

If I want the same buttons to control Sage AND WinDVD, can I do that? Using MLBDude's external DVD player option, I launch WinDVD, but the girder commands (if I understand it right) continue to control Sage, even though it's in the background and asleep...

Comments?
Old 05-26-2004, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

You will need to use taskswitch and/or taskcreate to enable/disable you rgroups. You should have one group for Sage and another group for Windvd. When Sage is active, Windvd group is disabled and Sage is controlled by the remote. Whe Windvd is active, Sage group is disabled and then Windvd is controlled by your remote. Search the forums or look in some signatures for examples of .gml files for Girder.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Wacky. Thanks. I'll look for that.