SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Marking multiple imported videos as watched.

Is there a way in SageMC to mark an entire group of videos in "File System" view as watched/unwatched? All I can do now is mark each individual video as watched.

Thanks,

Miller
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Sage Icon

If it is TV (and has TV metadata gather by BMT (MediaType = TV and MediaTitle = Show Name)) then you can use TVE (see signature) to do this. It also shouldn't be too too bad to do this in studio if you want to give that a try... what i would do: Copy (or link to) the "Set Watched" group options menu item in the My TV menu to the group options menu item in the My Videos Folder View menu...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Sage Icon

I realize this isn't really the answer you wanted, but you can do just this using the web interface. You just click on all the files you want to "mark as watched" and choose that option from a pull down menu.

I actually think that for handling "cleaning" like this (deleting a lot of files, checking and modifying favorites, etc), using the web interface is the easiest way.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the info Razrsharpe, I'll take a look at TVE. To be honest I just downloaded it 2 days but haven't had the time to install it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
I realize this isn't really the answer you wanted, but you can do just this using the web interface. You just click on all the files you want to "mark as watched" and choose that option from a pull down menu.

I actually think that for handling "cleaning" like this (deleting a lot of files, checking and modifying favorites, etc), using the web interface is the easiest way.
I had thought of using the web interface but I was unable to do it here either. When I select Media Library -> Search Imported Videos then type in like "The Office" it shows me all the videos but there is no checkbox next to the videos. Here is a screenshot.

Also when I select a video there is no option to set it watched/unwatched. Am I missing something in my webserver install? I am using 2.26 (Jetty version). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Miller

Last edited by millers_35; 03-04-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Add to post
Old 03-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure. I'm not using the Jetty version, and to be honest, I've never tried to search for media the way you did.

I usually just go to the SageTV, Recordings section and browse all the saved shows. I usually have about 4-5 pages worth of shows, so it can take some time to weed through it all. Also, don't be surprised to see shows lists multiple times. For example, there might be a folder of 5 Office recordings on the first page, and another folder with 8 Office recordings on the third page. I've never really understood why they are broken into different folders - perhaps there is a folder for the shows found on each physical drive.

Doing it this way, there are checkboxes to the left side of the show listings. You check which show you want to effect, and then choose the activity at the bottom of the list. You can delete, mark as watched, unmark as watched, etc.

Here is a old screenshot that shows the check boxes - I realize this is for a different screen (recording schedule vs recorded shows) but it's just to give you an idea of what I am talking about.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)

Last edited by sic0048; 03-05-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
I'm not sure. I'm not using the Jetty version, and to be honest, I've never tried to search for media the way you did.
Jetty version also has check boxes for TV...

i think the difference is you are showing a screenshot for sage recorded tv... the OP (IIRC) was looking at marking imported videos as watched... the only way to find those is to Search the Media Library for imported Videos... which does not have the check boxes....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Jetty version also has check boxes for TV...

i think the difference is you are showing a screenshot for sage recorded tv... the OP (IIRC) was looking at marking imported videos as watched... the only way to find those is to Search the Media Library for imported Videos... which does not have the check boxes....
Yeah this is the difference. I am able to do all those things with the TV Recordings, just not imported videos.

Thanks,

Miller
Old 03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize Sage handles the imported videos differently. I haven't ever imported any videos so I never noticed!
OpenDCT
Old 03-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

The quick way I mark shows as watched, say you dont like a specific show....

In your "sage tv recordings" section, the first option on the default, simply highlight the cursor over the show you want to mark all of them as watched. Press the W key on the remote and it should mark all episodes as watched within that folder.

Hope that helped to answer the question as well.

Sorry, I just noticed this was a specific modification area I answered this in, so my answer does not apply.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

@sungod - that works for sage recorded TV in SageMC too... However, the OP wants to mark a group of imported content as watched...which on sagemc you can not do by default from the UI
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
@sungod - that works for sage recorded TV in SageMC too... However, the OP wants to mark a group of imported content as watched...which on sagemc you can not do by default from the UI

Yeah, I noticed I was in the wrong section after I posted. I originally found this thread searching for something similar. I would like it left in, though, in case it helps someone with their own questions. Sorry about my confusion.