SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Sage Expert

What we are working for is a user profile that you can select from an options menu on the main menu, which would allow various UI settings, Watched indication, last play position, favorites to be tied to a user profile so they can be unique for each user.

So for example, someone in your house watches half a movie, that position would be tied to thier profile, and another profile may have another current position for that same movie at some other position...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Love what I see so far - awesome work guys.

I like the TiVo style guide, but the wife says the grid is a requirement for our TV.
Thanks for positive feedback...

Sounds like alot of people like the grid style, so we will try to get that in as an option to you can select either guide type...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-04-2010, 11:09 PM

I would to create more, let me know what types, I still have the .psd in higher resolution easily editable
Old 03-05-2010, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylisticz View Post
I would to create more, let me know what types, I still have the .psd in higher resolution easily editable
Stylistic,

I love the work you have done for my movies. I am in the process of porting that to sage as well (see my signature). Just I fully support the coverprofiles system used in MM. You would be a great contribution to team ortus. As well as I wouldn't mind seeing some more coverprofiles for MM.

pm team ortus so Ben can tell you what he is wanting/needing he is ortus's UI.

Just wanted to say that I like your work.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
What we are working for is a user profile that you can select from an options menu on the main menu, which would allow various UI settings, Watched indication, last play position, favorites to be tied to a user profile so they can be unique for each user.

So for example, someone in your house watches half a movie, that position would be tied to thier profile, and another profile may have another current position for that same movie at some other position...

Thanks,
Jeff
How does it handle if watching something with multiple people? When something is completed is there/will there be an option to set watched for all profiles?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwackd View Post
How does it handle if watching something with multiple people? When something is completed is there/will there be an option to set watched for all profiles?
Yes, currently this is located on the Single Media Info Screen....you would just click the "Watched By All". It would probably be better to allow this option on more than one screen but we haven't gotten that far yet.

Another bonus of using a User Profile is the automated message that would appear if the other half tried to delete an episode of "Lost" which I hadn't watched yet ..... "Are you sure you want to delete this show? User: Ben hasn't watched this favorite".

Cheers

Ben
Old 03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

That sounds great. Any chance you can set parental controls per user or possibly have different guides for each user.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Sage User

Great Job it looks really very good, now we have only to wait and start to use it, in the future I am sure that this is a great basis to improve the use of SageTV.
Asus P5N-D, C2Q Q9400, 4 GB mem, 6 TB HDD in FreeNAS, ATI HD5750, PVR-150, LG Blu-ray / HD DVD Combo Drive, TVA HDTV, Harmony 555, Speakers JBL e Infinity, Yamaha RX-V3900, Samsumg 19" LCD, Samsumg Plasma 42", SageTV HD200, Arcsoft TMT, KL mega codec pack, EventGhost, Windows 7
Old 03-05-2010, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Yes, currently this is located on the Single Media Info Screen....you would just click the "Watched By All". It would probably be better to allow this option on more than one screen but we haven't gotten that far yet.

Another bonus of using a User Profile is the automated message that would appear if the other half tried to delete an episode of "Lost" which I hadn't watched yet ..... "Are you sure you want to delete this show? User: Ben hasn't watched this favorite".

Cheers

Ben
Any chance there's going to be a Java API to go along with this such that if someone wanted to, say, incorporate the user profile stuff into the web server then they'd be able to? (This is not a commitment to such a project, just a casual quesiton. )
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
"Are you sure you want to delete this show? User: Ben hasn't watched this favorite".
Oh boy, wasn't sure I would have much use for profiles until you said this. Would've saved many a half-watched show from it's early death by the hands of my delete-happy girlfriend. The watched flag by user will also come in handy. Another fantastic idea by Team Ortus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Any chance there's going to be a Java API to go along with this such that if someone wanted to, say, incorporate the user profile stuff into the web server then they'd be able to? (This is not a commitment to such a project, just a casual quesiton. )
There are no casual questions here
Old 03-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
ya the java api (ortus.api) will be documented, publicly available, and available as a separate download for specifically these purposed... we just havent gotten around to writing all the documentation for it yet
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
That sounds great. Any chance you can set parental controls per user or possibly have different guides for each user.
Hmmm, We've not thought of that......something else for us to ponder on. As for the guides we're still deciding what to do about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbherculano View Post
I am sure that this is a great basis to improve the use of SageTV.
Also remember their is the new Default UI which may blow everything out of the water....no one knows anything about that yet!!! Then there is also Phoenix which again is very limited in details but sounds cool. The future of SageTV is looking good IMO......but I also guess that depends on what XBMC does with their PVR Frontend using other HTPC software to run it.

Cheers

Ben
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

For the user profiles, favorites and the watched flag. Is there some sort of subscription system so that Ortus knows who needs to watch a favorite and thus mark it watched? Or does it assume every profile needs to watch a favorite?

Example 1: My teen has a favorite for "MTV Cribs" but no one else watches it. With a subscription model he would be the only one subscribed so that after his profile watched it it would be marked "Watched by All" instead of just his profile.

Example 2: Both he and his mom would subscribe to "Psych" but not I. After both of their profiles have watched it it would be marked "Watched by All" instead of assuming that I would want to watch it also.

Also, there could be an option to auto-delete once "Watched by All" is set.

BTW, the screen shot look awesome. Maybe you all could officially work with Sage to make the default UI for STV7?

S
Old 03-05-2010, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmmm, We've not thought of that......something else for us to ponder on. As for the guides we're still deciding what to do about that.
This potential feature really appeals to me. I can put all the parental controls in place that I want, including PIN codes on menus and filtering of folders, but the fact that a child could go into the guide and see channels and descriptions they shouldn't makes it almost pointless.

This brings up another question regarding the user profiles. Are the recorded shows separated? So, if I record something on Skinemax, would everyone see that it was recorded? Also, do the profiles have some sort of security, like a password or PIN code?
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

Can't wait to see this thing in it's full glory.

Having only read what is in this thread, is it too early to say TEAM ORTUS ROCKS?!?!?

(p.s. thanks for considering the grid-style epg!!)
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

Can you list the members comprising Team Ortus in the first message of this thread?

That way we all know who's behind this brilliance and who to thank directly for the hard work and effort that is bringing this beautiful STV to fruition.

BTW, can't wait to get my hands on this!

What's in the name Ortus anyway? How did you come up with that? Just curious.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Sage Expert

This would be awesome and fit in well with your profiles and is something I've been requesting for years.

If anyone has started watching Archer (very funny and very not kid friendly show) then you'd know why it would be great to have it invisible at least as a saved favorite, but really even in the guide from certain profiles.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 03-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Can you list the members comprising Team Ortus in the first message of this thread?
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
What's in the name Ortus anyway? How did you come up with that? Just curious.
The Latin to English definition of ortus is birth, origin, rising, source.

Cheers

Ben
Old 03-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylisticz View Post
Hiya,

Can you send me an email to teamortus@googlemail.com. I accepted your friends request and left a message but not sure how well that system works.

Cheers

Ben
Old 03-05-2010, 04:23 PM

@ plucky: thanks im glad someone diggs it

@ jaminben: sent you an email, i too dont know how that friends system works