SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Sage User

Talking Adding Cover & Information to Movie Library?

Hi All

Is it possible to add Information to a DVD or MPEG2 movie in the Library?
And if yes..Then how?

Another thing when I put a picture in the folders with the same name as the movie .jpg or folder .jpg it dosent always work?

Is ther a default resolution that these pictures should have?
Dpi 72 max 500 pixel in hight?

And related to this question in version SageTv 2.1.10 the PAL setting in the properties file is gone? but I staill had to change it in the registry...any new PAL setting?

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2005, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

For thumbnails look in the manual, there are instructions for setting those up.

For info, you'll have to investigate the various custom STVs that support metadata files, like SageMC.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:10 AM
Sage User

I have looked in the manual....And the only thing said is that it should be named folder.jpg or "movie_name.jpg" and placed in the same folder.

I have so far found by experimenting with different jpg´s that it need to be lab colors (Some of the pictures I found on the net was CMYK and that was why they didn't appear! 72 dpi gives a better picture, and a wider format 700x500 is better when reading txt on a thumb.

So only a customization of the org files gives Information possibilities? DAM I thought it was just a matter of putting a folder.txt in the folders or something?

Also in version SageTv 2.1.10 the PAL setting in the properties file is gone? but I still had to change it in the registry...any new PAL setting in the property file?

Can anyone tell me wich custom STV is the most stabel?

Last edited by casperse; 01-24-2005 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperse
I have looked in the manual....And the only thing said is that it should be named folder.jpg or "movie_name.jpg" and placed in the same folder.
You may need to rescan your media library before the thumbnails are found.
Quote:
Also in version SageTv 2.1.10 the PAL setting in the properties file is gone? but I still had to change it in the registry...any new PAL setting in the property file?
What PAL setting? I have never had to set anything in the registry, and when Sage 2.1+ starts up first time, it prompts me for country name and video format (both are then set in the .properties file as "mmc/country_code" and "mmc/video_format_code")
Old 01-24-2005, 05:59 AM
Sage User

That is true I actually had to delete the thumbs to get it to create new thumbs.... But that could also be because of the RGB issue have to check jpgs are RGB

After installing 2.1 and select Country and PAL..I found that the registry set the DWORD registry variable:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\NTSC=0 (it was set to 1)

Is there another setting in the properties file like in the old 2.0?
ui/fixed_resolution_height - height for the PVR350 OSD in pixels, set to 576 to use the PVR350 OSD in PAL format, also.

I dont have a black bar anymore but I think that the select (red) line around menu in sagetv is more brown than red now after installing 2.1? 2.0 was better but this is proberly a configuration issue.

Can I Hide cover art in 2.1 by editing like you wrote:

By default, Cover art will show up in the picture library... Can I change this by rename the folder.jpg file to folder.img in all folders, and while sage is shutdown, edit the properties file setting: library_image=folder.jpg to folder.img. (img files do not show up in the Picture library)
Or is it only if I use your custom STV ?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't have that reg value set on my machine at all! But this may be something related to PVR-350 (which I don't have)

You can hide cover art (from the picture library) in the default 2.1 STV by simply setting the hidden file attribute on the folder.jpg file (right-click file/properties).