SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylisticz View Post
@ plucky: thanks im glad someone diggs it

@ jaminben: sent you an email, i too dont know how that friends system works

Are you considering switching to sage?

Also I am part of ortus but also could use some graphics for my movies nothing major shoot me a email as well if interested
sagemymovies@gmail.con

look foward to what you can offer
Old 03-06-2010, 04:59 PM

im currently not running a HTPC, i dont even have my setup on my everyday pc, ive looked into the players in the game, sage, windows 7 media center, xbmc and media portal and one day i will have my setup with one of these, for now i love doing photoshop work, custom icon and background type work, frankly im currently a stay at home dad i love tinkering in photoshop, i dont think im all that good at it but i try my best and hope people like the work i do...anyways ill email you plucky and see what kind of work you want done
thanks
Old 03-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

LOVE IT!LOVE IT!LOVE IT!LOVE IT!LOVE IT!LOVE IT!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
For the user profiles, favorites and the watched flag. Is there some sort of subscription system so that Ortus knows who needs to watch a favorite and thus mark it watched? Or does it assume every profile needs to watch a favorite?

Example 1: My teen has a favorite for "MTV Cribs" but no one else watches it. With a subscription model he would be the only one subscribed so that after his profile watched it it would be marked "Watched by All" instead of just his profile.

Example 2: Both he and his mom would subscribe to "Psych" but not I. After both of their profiles have watched it it would be marked "Watched by All" instead of assuming that I would want to watch it also.

Also, there could be an option to auto-delete once "Watched by All" is set.

BTW, the screen shot look awesome. Maybe you all could officially work with Sage to make the default UI for STV7?

S
Maybe the team members missed this but would like to answer/comment?

S
Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
Maybe the team members missed this but would like to answer/comment?

S
Hi,

In its current form no, we do have plans for something similar to this but at the moment all it does is watched and watched position.

Cheers

Ben
Old 03-09-2010, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
This potential feature really appeals to me. I can put all the parental controls in place that I want, including PIN codes on menus and filtering of folders, but the fact that a child could go into the guide and see channels and descriptions they shouldn't makes it almost pointless.

This brings up another question regarding the user profiles. Are the recorded shows separated? So, if I record something on Skinemax, would everyone see that it was recorded? Also, do the profiles have some sort of security, like a password or PIN code?
This was in regard to profiles, but I didn't see anyone comment. Based on Ben's most recent response, I get the feeling none of this has been considered yet, correct?
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This was in regard to profiles, but I didn't see anyone comment. Based on Ben's most recent response, I get the feeling none of this has been considered yet, correct?
You are correct, its not been considered yet. We did discuss this very briefly but I think the overall out come was not to include it in the initial release.

Sorry....

Cheers

Ben
Old 03-09-2010, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

No big deal. Hopefully it'll make it into a future release. Thanks for responding, though!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm liking the screen shots posted so far... I'd really like to see the guide and as many other screens you guys are willing to show us...
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I'm liking the screen shots posted so far... I'd really like to see the guide and as many other screens you guys are willing to show us...
The plan was to release screenshots of various area's within the STV up until release to keep the anticipation high rather than just dump a load of images all at once

The next set of images are planned for 2-3 weeks time and will probably show season/episode selection with filtering, missing episode's, TVDB auto updating etc.... this may change of course and we could show a different area altogether.

Cheers

Ben
Old 03-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
The next set of images are planned for 2-3 weeks time and will probably show season/episode selection with filtering, missing episode's, TVDB auto updating etc.... this may change of course and we could show a different area altogether.
Oh sure, tell us what we'll be seeing in 2-3 weeks time

I think you can safely assume that anticipation is through the roof. I practically jump every time I see this thread is updated. People around here think I have some kind of a medical condition.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The plan was to release screenshots of various area's within the STV up until release to keep the anticipation high rather than just dump a load of images all at once

Cheers

Ben
Sounds fine to me. Thanks.

One question, will you be able to give us a list of features? Like how customizable everything will be, ability to add menu items...
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sounds fine to me. Thanks.

One question, will you be able to give us a list of features? Like how customizable everything will be, ability to add menu items...
Yes at some point....not just yet though.

Cheers

Ben
Old 03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Stunning screens...

...Very much looking forward to this.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Sage Icon

I don't think this was mentioned yet, but will the PlayOn Online Services functions all be included (I'm guessing, since they are now in default Sage, that they will be)?

Also, will plug-ins that are not included in the package still be functional, or will this require them to be re-written? I am guessing the latter (similar to how STVIs would not work in SageMC). For example, any chance of incorporating michaeldjcox's web feed encoder, so that internet radio and streaming video sources would be possible? Or any of the various other methods of adding streaming radio? There are also very simple ones that might get overlooked, such as the old "tuner renaming" plug-in, or the Weather Report Suite. And will there be the ability to rearrange things within menus, add screens, etc., similar to with nielm's dynamic customizable menus?

Please don't read this wrong as being some sort of demanding list - I am just curious what all is on the team's checklist of "definitely want to incorporate", or even if any of these are "impossible to incorporate".
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

So...Any chance that with a new month we could get some additional screen shots????? Can we huh? Please.....
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So...Any chance that with a new month we could get some additional screen shots????? Can we huh? Please.....
I guess this is a good a time as any to let people know whats going on......... Unfortunately we decided to stop development for SageTV and move our design over to XBMC.

Cheers

Ben
Old 04-02-2010, 01:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I guess this is a good a time as any to let people know whats going on......... Unfortunately we decided to stop development for SageTV and move our design over to XBMC.

Cheers

Ben
Hey, Ben... yesterday was the 1st. You're a day late!

@panteragstk: Now stop p***ing off the nice devs! See what might happen? LOL!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hey, Ben... yesterday was the 1st. You're a day late!

@panteragstk: Now stop p***ing off the nice devs! See what might happen? LOL!
Damn, my teachers at school always said I was abit slow...... We'll do some screenshots in a few days......maybe.

Cheers

Ben
Old 04-02-2010, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Don't forget - Ben's in the UK - I think they have a different calendar than us Yanks