SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:13 PM

New HD200 not working as client

Hi all,

I have been running Sage for several years. Current config is Sage 6.6.2.218 (latest I think), Quad Core pentium, 4Gbyte Ram, 2 MVP clients, 2 Hauppague tuners. Everything has always worked really well. The minor amount of troubleshooting over the years has been well worth the effort.

I just purchased an HD200 to replace the MVP on our main TV. I have been at it for hours and cannot get it to run as a client.

Givens -
wired network ok as evidenced by the fast that the MVP was running flawlessly on the same connection.
Can ping the HD200 from the server successfully
Sage server is latest RC
HD200 updated to latest firmware ok on initial installation.
correct ports are open on firewall.

The HD200 boots into standalone mode fine although I have yet to get a video to play.

It finds the Sage server and when I proceed to connect it locates server then I get a black screen for 10 seconds then it goes to "Sage TV HD Theater is starting up..." splash screen and sits there forever. Once it actually got past that stage and I had the Sage Server Menu but the response of the menu was terribly slow (10 - 15 seconds to move the cursor between to adjacent menu items" Now after many more attempts it will not go past that point.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I want to feel the Sage love again!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

One more piece of info need. What router or switch is directly connected to the HD200?
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 03-10-2010, 04:19 PM

I got it working. Never give up right!
Thanks Matt for your reply and it looks like you were on the right track. I decided to move it to a different location were it is connected directly to 1 of the 4 LAN connections on my 2Wire ADSL modem. Works great now.

It initially was connected to the same modem but through a ethernet to cable to ethernet conversion (SMC HCNA devices) which are also 2 port switches. The 2nd port has an IPTV set top box running on it! Too many devices and network cluuter for the HD200 I guess. Curiosly enough the MediaMVP does not mind this setup nor does the IPTV box. Oh well - live and learn.

This all means I have to get a direct cabled LAN connection to my main tv. Weekend project!

Thanks
Steve