SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Help me transition from one server to one server and one network encoding machine

Will this work?:

1. Install Sage on the "new" server.
2. Copy the whole Sage sub from the "current" server to the new one. Including Wiz.bin, properties etc. [I am assuming that the system from there on will only update the wiz.bin on the "new" server]
3. Make the required changes to the properties files at both end so that one is the server and the other the encoder.
4. Do I need to perform the steps described here with the notable exception of the sage recorder bits?: http://www.sagetv.com/2_papers/NetworkEncoderSetup.txt
5. Run videosources configuration on the new server to update the tuners on the properties file to the network encoders, right?
6. Will I be able to revert the process at the end of my little experiment by copying the wiz.bn from the new to the old server and changing the properties file on the old server so that it goes back to being a server not a network encoder.

Missing anything?

Thanks.