SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Unhappy Two IR200L setup

Good morning,

So for the past few days, or so, I've been using a single Actisys IR200L to control my Bell ExpressVu box without any troubles. The IR200L is on COM1.

Last evening, to try to finish up my setup, I added a second PVR-250 card which will by my cable-TV encoder. I added a second IR200L and attached it to COM2.

(I have never installed the Actisys drivers)..

What I'm noticing is that the COM2 device does not work regardless. No big deal, maybe I have the wrong codes. But what bothers me is that after I attempt to change the channel using the COM2 device, the COM1 device will not work until I reboot the computer. After rebooting, I can change the channel on my satellite using COM1 without a problem, until I attempt to change the channel on the cable box using the IR device on COM2.

Any ideas? Do I need Girder?

Thank you all!

Edit: this is using SageTV 2.0.15 still. I'll upgrade to 2.0.16 after I iron out this problem
Old 04-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Check this link/thread/:

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...wo+cable+boxes

It's not really supported yet, as far as I know, although the last post in this thread discusses a workaround, but that would only work if your box supports "remote-code setup".

Reminder: one tuner card can accept two sources (Composite video from cable box, and Ant. Although you must use a different "line-up" when selecting your provider -- for example Comcast Digital for the cable-box/Composite input and Comcast "Regular" (whatever) for the Ant input.
For best results, I suggest removing the "regular" channels from the Digital lineup.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Multiple blasters

Aaah.. that does seem to be the case. I originally just assumed that the software wouldn't be able controlling two different boxes with just one IR blaster. I was wrong *lol*. Pointing both of the sources to use the one IR blaster on COM1 seems to have resolved everything.

Slightly different question. For aesthetics, I'm *thinking* of putting the IR200L somewhere else (behind the TV stand), pointing it at one of those IR to RF remote extenders, then placing the IR transmitter portion that it "repeats" to in the back of the living room, so that it can easily see the front of both the Satellite and Cable boxes. Has anyone tried this out yet? It seems feasable. For instance, this device is the one I am thinking of: http://www.mytvstore.com/product_id_007.html

Maybe tonight, I'll finally be able to do the permanent wiring and use the SageTV system Exclusively