SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan1138 View Post
It simply will not connect. I know that I CAN connect because I can access the mobile web server from the phone's web browser.
The sagetv_0.txt log file (wiki has info to enable the debugging) and some kind of log collector application on the Android device are the easiest way to sort out those issues... Until I update SageTCPServer to have some fancy configuration in the SageTV 7.0 plugin interface and all...

Though the most common issues are trying to edit the sage.properties file while the SageTV service is running, which is a no go...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 01-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Sage User

Hi, thanks for making this

I just got a Samsung Captivate and I set this up on my server, that's running SageTV Server version 6. I got the remote and first portion set up and working well.

Now I want to get streaming to work. In the install directions on your site, it says to use VLC version 1.0, and NOT 1.1
Is this still true, do I need to use the old version of VLC? If so, where can I get/download the older version (the executable, not binaries)? Their website button says to click for version 1.0, but when you click it links to version 1.1.5

should I be able to get streaming working on the free version, or do I need the paid version? I'm new to the whole droid scene, trying to figure all this out

Thanks again

Last edited by SnyperBob; 01-14-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Sage User

ok, I found VLC version 1.0.0 here:
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vid...c/1.0.0/win32/

Do you want to add that direct link to your wiki?

I am trying to set up the streaming now. I am running SageTV version 6, my phone is the Samsung Captivate that is stock still. I think it's running 2.1. I realize that your wiki says 2.2 is confirmed to work.

I just have some basic questions about setting up the streaming.

Is there anything that needs to be configured within VLC to stream?
I added this line to my sage.properties file (substituted in my own MAC addy):
sageTCPServer/clients=local.9250,01e04cd32eda.9260,http.554

I restarted SageTV server software for changes to take effect.

I have VLC 1.0.0 open on my server as well.

Then what do I do? I go to the browser on my phone and type in:
http://MachineIP:554 ?? (substituted in my servers web address)

I just get the message that the page cannot be displayed. Am I supposed to open that link in an app on my phone? Am I supposed to open that link in TASageTV app on my phone? And does this only work with the paid version of the app? (Before I waste any more time on this) I've never streamed VLC before, so this is new to me.

Thanks for your help

Last edited by SnyperBob; 01-14-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyperBob View Post
In the install directions on your site, it says to use VLC version 1.0, and NOT 1.1
The issue is, that things get broken/fixed every releases of VLC, so it's hard to recommend one specific. For example, version 1.1.0 does not seem to handle the "one instance" mode. Version 1.1.4 has problematic streaming, and so on.

Quote:
should I be able to get streaming working on the free version, or do I need the paid version?
It should work, the main limitation is in the number (10) of items you can receive per list.

Quote:
I think it's running 2.1. I realize that your wiki says 2.2 is confirmed to work.
The streaming launches an external application from your Android device, so the app choice is more important than the OS version...

Quote:
I added this line to my sage.properties file (substituted in my own MAC addy):
Actually, use rtsp.554 instead of http.554, as I don't think anyone ever got the HTTP streaming to work, and also I might have messed up the HTTP part the last time I updated the VLC command line.

Quote:
Then what do I do? I go to the browser on my phone and type in:
When you select a file, by pressing the Menu button you get the option menu, which includes the streaming. Pressing it should handle everything for you. On the Samsung tab with a slow server, this process might fail before the file is actually ready, so you could go to the About screen (from the main menu) and click the streaming link to retry it, instead of manually typing the URL in a browser. The settings does include a configurable delay before launching the streaming, if needed.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 01-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlevey View Post
I have yet to get a full sync of my library, and even if I can ever somehow achieve it, I can't imagine having to resync 50,000 photos because I added another 10 to the library.
Version 1.53

- It is now possible to perform partial updates of Photos/Videos.

- This requires SageTCPServer 1.8.4 or newer.

- This is based on the StartTime property and number of files, so if you add files with an older time stamp or delete existing files, that kills the logic and will require a wipe/sync...

- Since many files can have the same StartTime, if a sync was interrupted on one of those, you risk missing some files...

- Under some conditions, the process will occur without user intervention, so backing down to the Media center screen should display the progress...

- This will not help with aborted/partial sync from older versions of SageTCPServer, as they were not ordered in the same way.

Last edited by Fonceur; 01-18-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.54

- Albums/Songs can resume an aborted sync.

Since Albums have no StartTime or ID, the best I can do is continue a sync from where it stopped. So if you add another album, you will need to wipe and sync, as this kind of update would not work.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
The issue is, that things get broken/fixed every releases of VLC, so it's hard to recommend one specific. For example, version 1.1.0 does not seem to handle the "one instance" mode. Version 1.1.4 has problematic streaming, and so on.

It should work, the main limitation is in the number (10) of items you can receive per list.

The streaming launches an external application from your Android device, so the app choice is more important than the OS version...

Actually, use rtsp.554 instead of http.554, as I don't think anyone ever got the HTTP streaming to work, and also I might have messed up the HTTP part the last time I updated the VLC command line.

When you select a file, by pressing the Menu button you get the option menu, which includes the streaming. Pressing it should handle everything for you. On the Samsung tab with a slow server, this process might fail before the file is actually ready, so you could go to the About screen (from the main menu) and click the streaming link to retry it, instead of manually typing the URL in a browser. The settings does include a configurable delay before launching the streaming, if needed.
Wow, thanks for the tips. I was able to get one of my videos to stream after changing the settings to rtsp.554 and restarting my server. The video quality was poor, but I think you have ways to tweak that. I was just trying it over 3g, I guess it would be better over a faster wifi connection or something

What app do you recommend to handle to streaming on the phone? It wouldn't work with the phone's built in Video Player. I have a Samsung Captivate. The other three times I tried Flikie Movie Player and it seems to work ok.

Thanks for the help! I'll be purchasing this app once I figure out how to do that in the MarketPlace. My first droid app purchase will be TASageTV!

Oh, I have another basic question. When installing apps manually like this (outside of MarketPlace), how do I upgrade? ie... do I uninstall the old app from the phone first, and then install new version? Or can I install newer version right onto phone? thx
Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:

- This requires SageTCPServer 1.8.4 or newer.
How do we know which version of this we have installed? I installed this via the link on your website last week, but I have no idea what version is installed

Installed from here: http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki/inde...=SageTCPServer

Thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The video quality was poor, but I think you have ways to tweak that.
Right, currently you can tweak the VLC command line parameters in the sage.properties file, and I have plans to make more default profiles available.

Quote:
What app do you recommend to handle to streaming on the phone?
I don't have any Android device myself, so you'd have to ask a user.

Quote:
Thanks for the help! I'll be purchasing this app once I figure out how to do that in the MarketPlace.
Well, it's not on The Market, so you'll have to purchase through the Tallus web site.

Quote:
When installing apps manually like this (outside of MarketPlace), how do I upgrade? ie... do I uninstall the old app from the phone first, and then install new version?
The About screen has a link to download the latest version, so you would click it to get the latest taSageTV.apk. I think something like AppInstaller or Astro might help to install, but again, I have no actual experience with that process.

Another possibility is to install the free Android DropBox application (use the referal http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQwODI5NTk if you don't have an account, and PM me the email address so I can share a folder), as you would see when an update is available, without having to check this thread.

Quote:
How do we know which version of this we have installed?
If you are running SageTV 7, you can use the plugin interface to get the latest version (might need to restart SageTV and its service after). If you have the System messages enabled, you would also get a warning when an update is available. Otherwise, you could check the SageTV log to see which version got started. Of course if you installed it before the release note was posted, then you likely have an older version.

As for the version of taSageTV, you get it from the About screen.

Last edited by Fonceur; 01-19-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Sage Icon

A little "heads up", I am planning to change the UI to something closer to the one on tiSageTV, with the "Matte Blue and White Square Icons" and such. Unless I get a big protest that you really like the current taSageTV look and hate the tiSageTV one or something... I am only talking of the images, I have no plans to reproduce the "slot machine" selector or other stuff specific to iOS.

So either check the first post of the tiSageTV thread or its wiki and let me know.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
A little "heads up", I am planning to change the UI to something closer to the one on tiSageTV, with the "Matte Blue and White Square Icons" and such. Unless I get a big protest that you really like the current taSageTV look and hate the tiSageTV one or something... I am only talking of the images, I have no plans to reproduce the "slot machine" selector or other stuff specific to iOS.

So either check the first post of the tiSageTV thread or its wiki and let me know.
Do we have to buy the app first before we protest or can we protest for the helluvit?

(actually just joking. You're the dev and either works for me.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Do we have to buy the app first before we protest or can we protest for the helluvit?
That does add some weight to the argument...

Quote:
(actually just joking. You're the dev and either works for me.)
I'm a "content over container" kinda guy, so I wouldn't know a nice UI if it bite me on the ass... The white an blue icons do make for a more consistent look, and since the original ones are 512x512, I can resize them as needed, instead of being stuck with what's available.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Hi Fonceur,

I have no problem with the icon changes, I am very partial to the brushed steel background which appears to be more grey on the tiSageTV version in the screen shots (not at home to compare on my ipod touch and my color memory is not serving me well )

-Ben
Old 01-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by batwater View Post
I am very partial to the brushed steel background which appears to be more grey on the tiSageTV version in the screen shots
That Remote control background isn't going anywhere, and I should actually try to get it on tiSageTV, thanks for reminding me...

EDIT: Changed in tiSageTV .76, and it does look better!

Last edited by Fonceur; 01-19-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
What app do you recommend to handle to streaming on the phone? It wouldn't work with the phone's built in Video Player. I have a Samsung Captivate. The other three times I tried Flikie Movie Player and it seems to work ok.

It will work with the phone built in video player, you just have to try again after several fail attempts then it will start playing.

I have a Samsung Epic and when I try to stream it would fail and then I would had to try one more two more time before it would start playing

I can't get a good quailty video going on 3G either myself and it would look excellent on wifi thou.

Another thing is that I can't see to stream on another wifi example going to a friend house and try to stream from friend's wifi, it just fails and won't stream but it would stream on 3G on the phone built in video however it very choppy

So I put it on hold for now and will mess with it later because I just use the SageTV built in convertor and covert all my recorded show then transfer it to my phone to take it with me.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
It will work with the phone built in video player, you just have to try again after several fail attempts then it will start playing.
Have you tried increasing the Streaming delay (i.e. before launching the Media player)?

Quote:
Another thing is that I can't see to stream on another wifi example going to a friend house and try to stream from friend's wifi, it just fails and won't stream
If everything else works, then maybe the streaming port is blocked by your friend's ISP or something.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Have you tried increasing the Streaming delay (i.e. before launching the Media player)?

If everything else works, then maybe the streaming port is blocked by your friend's ISP or something.
OK I will go reinstall and try it again, those options weren't avaliable when I tried the taSage because I had an older version and just kind of put it aside to do other stuffs

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
OK I will go reinstall and try it again, those options weren't avaliable when I tried the taSage
Right, no one else had reported such issue before, so I added when it got mentioned...
Old 01-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Well, it's not on The Market, so you'll have to purchase through the Tallus web site.

Another possibility is to install the free Android DropBox application (use the referal http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQwODI5NTk if you don't have an account, and PM me the email address so I can share a folder), as you would see when an update is available, without having to check this thread.

If you are running SageTV 7, you can use the plugin interface to get the latest version (might need to restart SageTV and its service after). If you have the System messages enabled, you would also get a warning when an update is available. Otherwise, you could check the SageTV log to see which version got started. Of course if you installed it before the release note was posted, then you likely have an older version.

As for the version of taSageTV, you get it from the About screen.

Thanks, I bought your app through your website just now, and included my droid ID on the payment. I also emailed you my droid ID.

I'll look into setting up the Android Dropbox app. I have an ATT phone, so I have to use a sideloader to install non-market apps to my phone. Hopefully this doesn't cause issues in the future with trying to update apps, but I'll root and/or upgrade to 2.2 if needed. ATT only currently allows locked down 2.1

I'm running SageTV version 6 still...so I'll have to look through my logs and see what version of the TCP server I'm running. Might take some time to get that working and figured out
Old 01-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm running SageTV version 6 still...so I'll have to look through my logs and see what version of the TCP server I'm running.
Since I'm not sure which version of SageTCPServer you are running, just grab it from here. I also added a link to the wiki, in the requirement section, to make sure.

Tags
android