SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit713 View Post
When you click to change the streaming profile, the pop-up window says streaming delay.
Oops, fixed for the next release.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Do you have a service like DYNDNS to map a domain name to your router set up, this is required?
No I did not so I went ahead and set up the servie and pointed the droid to the address and boom as soon as I hit the apply, it changed to the antenna and we got thru. But the client will not connect at all. any ideas on that.
Got it the app crashed and I had to uninstall it and when I reinstalled it and put the info in the server and client both connected.
Thanks
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's

Last edited by Doubledose; 02-09-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: got it to connect
Old 02-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledose View Post
But the client will not connect at all. any ideas on that
Are you using the same IP for both, and are both ports setup through the router/firewall?
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fonceur
Quote:
Got it the app crashed and I had to uninstall it and when I reinstalled it and put the info in the server and client both connected.
I have had the andoid app crash serveral times when messing with these ip's. is that normall? but in this case all I did was reinstall the app and put in my host info and they both came to life
Thanks for your help
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's
Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have had the andoid app crash serveral times when messing with these ip's. is that normall?
No, it shouldn't crash, at worse it simply shouldn't work... With some kind of log collector app installed on the android device, it might be possible to figure out why it crashed...
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Sage User

Hello

I'm trying to set up taSageTV and SageTCPServer but can't realy get it to work.

I added this to my sagetv.properties (on the server) :

load_at_startup_runnable_classes=sagetcpserver.StartServers

(This line was added automaticly)
sageTCPServer/client=192.168.0.3\:9260,192.168.0.2\:9261

This works fine when I restart both the server and the client until the client is restarted again then it stops working until the server is restared again.

In other words i need to restart the server every time I restart a clinet.

I have tryed adding this line to the client machines sagetvclient.properties:
sageTCPServer/clients=local.9260 (this does not change anything for me)

If I get this working do I hafto buy a licence for every phone in the family or can we share one licence ? (sorry about the spelling)
Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissse View Post

I think if you are using the new SageTV 7 plugin, then you don't want that line. Leave off the sagetcpserver.StartServers portion off the line.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 02-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You don't need to do that with SageTV 7 since version 1.9.0 of SageTCPServer, and that will actually generate an error in the log.

Quote:
(This line was added automaticly)
sageTCPServer/client=192.168.0.3\:9260,192.168.0.2\:9261
Looks good.

Quote:
This works fine when I restart both the server and the client until the client is restarted again then it stops working until the server is restared again.
I need to fix something with the software client handling, so hopefully that will fix your issue too. Do you know if the IP of your client is changing every time you restart, as that would be an issue that would require a special handling...

Quote:
(this does not change anything for me)
And it shouldn't, has neither of those lines are used anymore. You either set it up before I updated the wiki, or you followed the instructions labeled Installation (for SageTV 6)...

Quote:
If I get this working do I hafto buy a licence for every phone in the family or can we share one licence ?
You would have to ask that question at the email address provided on the About screen. Depending on the usage, maybe you only need the main phone licensed and can use the others with the evaluation mode.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Sage User

Quote:
You don't need to do that with SageTV 7 since version 1.9.0 of SageTCPServer, and that will actually generate an error in the log
Ok I have removed it
The reson I did it was I tryed folowing the wiki here:http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki//ind...r#Installation
All SageTV versions:
1) Modify the Sage.Properties File
Must have missunderstod.

Quote:
I need to fix something with the software client handling, so hopefully that will fix your issue too. Do you know if the IP of your client is changing every time you restart, as that would be an issue that would require a special handling...
I have static ip on my clients but i dont think thats what you mean ? When I check the sagetcpserver options on the server the IP to the clients are always correct.

Quote:
And it shouldn't, has neither of those lines are used anymore. You either set it up before I updated the wiki, or you followed the instructions labeled Installation (for SageTV 6)...
Ok so nothing needs to be done at all on the clients ?

Quote:
You would have to ask that question at the email address provided on the About screen. Depending on the usage, maybe you only need the main phone licensed and can use the others with the evaluation mode.
Ok will do, Thank you for your help
Old 02-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The reson I did it was I tryed folowing the wiki here:http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki//ind...r#Installation
Right, I haven't updated that one yet, only the page of the specific applications that use it.

Quote:
I have static ip on my clients but i dont think thats what you mean ?
Yes, that is exactly what I meant, as it could have been messy if they changed all the time.

Quote:
Ok so nothing needs to be done at all on the clients ?
Not for now, just wait for the next update of SageTCPServer, hopefuly that will address your issue.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fonceur
The only thing I am trying to get to work now is the streaming part, Idid this :http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki/inde...n#Installation # 4 about streaming. When I go into recorded shows and pick a show and then click stream, it brings up a spinning circle and says loading and then I get an error: file cannot be displayed or played. I have been reading thru a bunch of these post and I think I seen some where I thought it said the droid needed a media player on it. Is this needed to make this work?
Thanks
Wayne
Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When I go into recorded shows and pick a show and then click stream, it brings up a spinning circle and says loading and then I get an error: file cannot be displayed or played. I have been reading thru a bunch of these post and I think I seen some where I thought it said the droid needed a media player on it. Is this needed to make this work?
The built in media player of the Droid should be fine. You might want to start with VLC 1.0, if you are using a newer version of VLC it might not work as well.

Once you have pressed on Stream, if it doesn't work you can go to the About screen and try tapping the Streaming URL. If it still doesn't work, launch a copy of VLC on any pc on your network and try to open the network stream matching the url from the About screen. That should narrow down where the issue is.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
The built in media player of the Droid should be fine. You might want to start with VLC 1.0, if you are using a newer version of VLC it might not work as well.

Once you have pressed on Stream, if it doesn't work you can go to the About screen and try tapping the Streaming URL. If it still doesn't work, launch a copy of VLC on any pc on your network and try to open the network stream matching the url from the About screen. That should narrow down where the issue is.
I agree with Fonceur. The only version of VLC I got to work with streaming is VLC 1.0.0. Any newer version does not work. In addition, I see that you have a HDPVR. Recordings have to be 720p. I have my cable box locked to that. Any recordings higher will not work.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Sage User

Hi all,
Ive read the wiki and have the software on my android phone, I know my ip numbers (just trying to connect in the lan for now), but when I use the ip and port, I would see the connected icon for a few seconds and the the X would show again.

Problem really is I am unsure what port I should be using. The Wiki instructions are vague with what you need to do to SageTV v7. The properties file has multiple lines with port numbers in them and i have no clue which is the correct one I need to change or if I even need to add additional code to the file. Wiki talkins about makimg sure you have the port set to what you want it to be but I dont even know how to do that!

If someone can please post details on how to edit the port or what line in properties is the correct one for the port . This is for v7.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
Problem really is I am unsure what port I should be using.
In principle, with SageTCPServer 2.0+ on the SageTV server, it should pretty much self configure itself. All you need to do on the TaSageTV front is input the IP of the SageTV server. The default port of 9250 for the server and 9260 for the client should be fine. If you have more than one client, you might need to adjust their ports.

EDIT: You might need to switch on the wifi or such...

Last edited by Fonceur; 02-11-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Sage Icon

For the TaSageTV users still using SageTV 6, I would strongly encourage you to upgrade to SageTV 7...

While I don't plan to cut the backward compatibility in TaSageTV (for now), the last SageTCPServer compatible with SageTV 6 is version 1.8.7... Since then, some significant improvements have been made and SageTCPServer can pretty much configure itself. In order to display the thumbnails, it is also needed to use other plugins that are only compatible with SageTV 7...
Old 02-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fonceur
I tried these
Quote:
tapping on the about screen stream done the same thing.
Launcing a copy of vlc still did not connect.
Anything else to try if not I will wait untill I do the win 7 and sage 7 update in a few weeks.
Wayne
Old 02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Launcing a copy of vlc still did not connect.
OK, so look in the sagetv_0.txt file and find the VLC string that is used to launch it. Copy that to a file called vlctest.cmd or such. Then execute that file and see if any errors are reported...
Old 02-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
In principle, with on the SageTV server, it should pretty much self configure itself. All you need to do on the TaSageTV front is input the IP of the SageTV server. The default port of 9250 for the server and 9260 for the client should be fine. If you have more than one client, you might need to adjust their ports.

EDIT: You might need to switch on the wifi or such...
Lol...yes yes. Wifi is on and Ive already verified the phone has its ip address with it. Ive ipconfiged the server and verified its ip address at the router so I know its ip is correct. Is SageTCPServer 2.0+ an addon or is that the server that I selected during the install of sagetv?

Ive entered the default ports into tasagetv you gave and still no go.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
Is SageTCPServer 2.0+ an addon or is that the server that I selected during the install of sagetv?
It's a plugin that has to be installed from the plugin interface. The third line in the requirements, and third paragraph in the installation (wiki)...

Tags
android