SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Sage Icon

Version 1.58

- Added a Setting to Replace the DropDown, for devices showing white on silver.
- Added information about the default profiles.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Version 1.58

- Added a Setting to Replace the DropDown, for devices showing white on silver.
- Added information about the default profiles.
Too cool. Thanks.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Right, I haven't updated that one yet, only the page of the specific applications that use it.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant, as it could have been messy if they changed all the time.

Not for now, just wait for the next update of SageTCPServer, hopefuly that will address your issue.
Now everything work, thank you
Old 02-15-2011, 02:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

I am at the wiki page

http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki//ind...TV_Application

But I don't see a download link to download TASageTV

Can someone point me to the right direction?

Thank you

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
But I don't see a download link to download TASageTV
Oops, I guess it got dropped in an update... I added it back to the Installation sub-section, but the download link is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/408295/TASageTV.apk
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cannot connect with ZT108 tablet

I guess I am stupid or something I am missing something entirely… I have read the Wiki, installed the TCPserver in SageTV, and kept the defaults except the port used for the web server. Currently I am trying to connect only inside my private lan.

A day or so ago before several of the updates I actually got a connection on my ZT180 tablet and was able to see the guide and recordings but no media. I saw the changes posted so cleaned out all I had added and redid the installation.

Now I do not get a connection, my config screens on my device look like the ones on the Wiki, if I look at the sage.properties file I have to correct address and port numbers, at least they are the same as what is displayed on the tablet. On the setting tab on the tablet I change the port from 8080 to the port I use but if the application is closed it does not remember the port number and defaults to 8080.

Here are the lines from the properties file:
sageTCPServer/client=192.168.0.113\:926,192.168.0.101\:9261,192.168.0.100\:9262
sageTCPServer/debugOn=true
sageTCPServer/extender=001d6a5caa7e.9260
sageTCPServer/server=

Please notice the first line the port number after the .113 (DHCP res for the tablet) – it adds 926 and not 9260 for some reason, also the mac of the table is not displayed, the mac of the tablet should be 00:02:72:97:87. I have tried to manually change these but once the service started it will not run, it will start but will stop. The extender address shown is for the HD200.

I have manually changed the properties file to this:
sageTCPServer/client=192.168.0.113\:9260,192.168.0.101\:9261,192.168.0.100\:9262
sageTCPServer/extender=00027297dd87.9260
sageTCPServer/server=60e6bac81ac4.9250

Where .113 is the address of the tablet, and the dd87 is the mac of the tablet and added the server mac of 1ac4.

I have modified the extender address to that of the tablet but still no go. I do not want to control any other client from the tablet, only use the tablet as an extender instead of lugging the laptop around.

I have tried to turn on debugging but see no file in the sage directory… Yes, I have stopped the service before modifying, and yes the tablet can connect to the sage web interface so networking is working correctly…
Old 02-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon View Post
sageTCPServer/client=192.168.0.113\:926,192.168.0.101\:9261,192.168.0.100\:9262
sageTCPServer/extender=001d6a5caa7e.9260
sageTCPServer/server=
The server should be on 9250, and 926 is a bit odd (use 9263?), but otherwise that would be fine...

Quote:
it adds 926 and not 9260 for some reason
Well, 9260 is already used by the extender, so can't be used...

Quote:
also the mac of the table is not displayed
And it shouldn't! The MacID is only used to access/control the extender(s)...

Quote:
I have tried to turn on debugging but see no file in the sage directory…
So you enabled the debugging for SageTV and for SageTCPServer?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just updated to the latest version, updated all the bits on the server while I was at it. Working nicely, thankyou very much. All my media now plays although some with no sound. I now wish I had left a 2 channel audio track in the dvds I have ripped over the years, anybody know if there is a way to get vlc to downmix a 5.1 audio track?
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Tab running TaSageTV.
TVs: 42" Plasma and various LED monitors.
Patiently waiting for customisable menus on v.7
Old 02-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for your reply – what I did is uninstall the sagetcpserver and removed all lines in the properties file, reinstalled and bang it connected… I do wish the uninstall of ANY plugin would clean up after its self - but most do not.

I cannot stream content – in fact the stream icon is grayed out but it can be selected.

I get the following error in the log file:
Wed 2/16 12:26:09.490 [Thread-39@696ece] [[SageTCPServer-(36594)]]: [setVLC]: Streaming port not set!

I can send the entire log if you would like. Very honestly the log file is a bunch of gobblely gook to me – it is over whelming in size and content.

Looking at the properties file I find the port is set to 554 through the plug in manager – default was -1, not sure if I should have changed it.

I guess I now have more questions:

What needs to be done to VLC to work with SageTV?

What application on the Android device should be used to play the stream. I have “Camera” and “Gallery” available. I tried installing a free version of VLC but it does not show in the application list.

Should I be able to see my other media, music, photos, etc.? If so how is that implemented.

One more bit of information – on the About screen the stream is rstp://192.168.0.2:-1/stream.sdp – does that look correct? To me it appears the -1 should be the port or 554. I thought I had read where that can be used to verify the stream but of course it will not work on the server.

Quite frankly I am starting to doubt myself…

Quote:
The server should be on 9250, and 926 is a bit odd (use 9263?), but otherwise that would be fine...

Well, 9260 is already used by the extender, so can't be used...

And it shouldn't! The MacID is only used to access/control the extender(s)...

So you enabled the debugging for SageTV and for SageTCPServer?
Old 02-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Looking at the properties file I find the port is set to 554 through the plug in manager – default was -1, not sure if I should have changed it.
Indeed -1 indicate that you haven't set it yet, and it should be changed to 554 or such. You might have to go back and make sure the setting is sticking.

Quote:
What needs to be done to VLC to work with SageTV?
You need to install VLC 1.0 or such on the server...

Quote:
What application on the Android device should be used to play the stream. I have “Camera” and “Gallery” available. I tried installing a free version of VLC but it does not show in the application list.
The included media player might work...

Quote:
Should I be able to see my other media, music, photos, etc.? If so how is that implemented.
Yes, but you need to hit the sync button from the option menu.

Quote:
One more bit of information – on the About screen the stream is rstp://192.168.0.2:-1/stream.sdp – does that look correct? To me it appears the -1 should be the port or 554. I thought I had read where that can be used to verify the stream but of course it will not work on the server.
Indeed -1 is wrong and you need to set it to 554 or such in SageTCPServer...

EDIT: In the next SageTCPServer release (2.0.6+) I'll make sure to have the default as 554 instead of -1...

Last edited by Fonceur; 02-16-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Again thanks for your explanation – you have almost earned my $19.95!

I have verified I have set the VLC port to 554 in the plug in manager – there is a line present in the properties file saying it should use port 554 but still get the -1 on the tablet (see the next to the last line below).

I have uninstalled the application from the tablet and reset the tablet to factory, then reinstalled it but even after restarting SageTV service and the tablet the -1 command is still there in the About section on the tablet.

Do I have to configure VLC on the server? If so where is that done?

Here is the entire section from the properties file:
sageTCPServer/client=192.168.0.113\:9270,127.0.0.1\:9261
sageTCPServer/extender=UpstairsDen.001d6a5caa7e.9260
sageTCPServer/server=9250
sageTCPServer/streamingTranscodeOptions=

I removed lines for easier reading.

sageTCPServer/streamingVLCPath=C\:/Program Files/VideoLAN/VLC/vlc.exe
sageTCPServer/streamingVLCPort=554
sageTCPServer/streamingVLCType=rtsp

Quote:
Indeed -1 is wrong and you need to set it to 554 or such in SageTCPServer
Old 02-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have verified I have set the VLC port to 554 in the plug in manager – there is a line present in the properties file saying it should use port 554 but still get the -1 on the tablet (see the next to the last line below).
The port number is sent from SageTCPServer to TaSageTV, so if it still sees -1, that means it hasn't stuck on the server side...

Quote:
sageTCPServer/streamingVLCPort=554
Seems fine. Try restarting SageTv again to make sure it really stuck.

EDIT: Try upgrading to SageTCPServer 2.0.6, it should help ensure the default port is really 554.

Last edited by Fonceur; 02-16-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tablet not phone

I truly want to thank you for you patience helping me configure taSageTV for my device.

As promised I am trying to purchase taSageTV however I am not using a phone but an Android tablet. The menu button only brings up the action bar at the bottom of the screen, there is nothing on the About screen other that information about taSageTV and of course I have no phone number on the device. The table only has four buttons, power, a rocker used for menu/task manager and the home button.

What to do now…

At this point in development I am not happy with the quality of the video on the tablet, too blocky and the aspect ratio is too narrow – but I feel confident this can and will be improved on. I do not know where to go to make changes. I do see several profiles in the configuration file but not sure what to change or even if I should try to make changes. My tablet has 1024x600 resolution and would like to display “full screen” on the device.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The menu button only brings up the action bar at the bottom of the screen
You mean the following menu, right?

Quote:
there is nothing on the About screen other that information about taSageTV and of course I have no phone number on the device.
Look on the Settings, which should show:

Quote:
The table only has four buttons, power, a rocker used for menu/task manager and the home button.
From a wiki for your tablet, they say: "The menu key is the last long key on the top of tablet".

Quote:
I do not know where to go to make changes.
Well, considering how much functionality is hidden through the option menu, yeah that would be a problem if you can't access it...

Quote:
My tablet has 1024x600 resolution and would like to display “full screen” on the device.
Once the media player is launched, there must be a way to resize it...
Old 02-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

I had taSageTV working fine in the past but that was in SageTV6

When I upgraded to SageTV7 I did a clean fresh install and didn't bother trying taSageTV because I was busy and didn't hae time to mess with it.

Anyway tonight I thought I would try messing with it again.

I installed via plugin

sageTCPServer

then configuire it via plugin menu and added my HD300 extender to the plugin configure

taSageTV didn't detect either my server on port 9250 or my extender on port 9260

So I thought I would restart SageTV to see if it fixes it

When I went back to plugin configuration menu it wipe my settings I added and taSageTV is not detecting the server either

I am able to connect to Jetty web server with no issues and use other apps.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Bill

Edited to add

Trying to put the string back in is giving me an error now

There was an error setting the plugin configuration value of: java.lang.NullPointerException

What does this error mean?

Thank you
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software

Last edited by TechBill; 02-20-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When I went back to plugin configuration menu it wipe my settings I added and taSageTV is not detecting the server either
I'd suggest stopping SageTV (and its service), editing the SageTV\SageTV\sage.properties file and removing all the sageTCPServer/ lines, then restart SageTV, power on the Extender with the remote, and go to the plugin interface to see if the SageTCPServer reconfigured itself properly...

If that didn't help, post your sage.properties and sagetv_0.txt files.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'd suggest stopping SageTV (and its service), editing the SageTV\SageTV\sage.properties file and removing all the sageTCPServer/ lines, then restart SageTV, power on the Extender with the remote, and go to the plugin interface to see if the SageTCPServer reconfigured itself properly...

If that didn't help, post your sage.properties and sagetv_0.txt files.
Ok doing it now

Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 02-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Deleted everything with sagetcpserver

Restarted plugin and the extender start working, however sagetv server is not working

So I went back to properties and found the string

sageTCPServer/server=

with nothing after it.

Should there be something after that string? port number?

If I tried adding a port number in configuration menu it give me the same error - There was an error setting the plugin configuration value of: java.lang.NullPointerException

Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 02-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hopefully the properties and logs get attached to this post this time ....

Ah! had to add .txt to get it to accept the attachment ...

Here are the files

Thank you

Bill
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (328.0 KB, 169 views)
File Type: txt Sage.properties.txt (137.2 KB, 949 views)
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 02-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
sageTCPServer/server=

with nothing after it.

Should there be something after that string? port number?
Yes, it should be 9250... For now just stop SageTV again and manually add the 9250, I'll try to figure out why it's not working.

Tags
android