SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok. So I misunderstood your fix? My jetty user name and password is not the default. So you fixed tasage so it now picks it up properly no matter what the user name and pw are?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Ok. So I misunderstood your fix? My jetty user name and password is not the default. So you fixed tasage so it now picks it up properly no matter what the user name and pw are?
No, you will need to use the default values in jetty if you want to stream in TaSageTV... If I get convinced that it's worth it, I would add fields in TaSageTV to enter those, but since the preliminary reports are not encouraging...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.68

- Moved the Registration back out of Settings.
- The Jetty username and password are now configurable in Settings.
- Now hide the passwords.
- Fix: The Mirage stream low was incompatible with the Media streaming plugin update.
- Added a Mirage stream high.
- Don't offer the Mirage streaming options if Mirage beta is not installed.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. I'll test this out later today.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Version 1.68

- Moved the Registration back out of Settings.
- The Jetty username and password are now configurable in Settings.
- Now hide the passwords.
- Fix: The Mirage stream low was incompatible with the Media streaming plugin update.
- Added a Mirage stream high.
- Don't offer the Mirage streaming options if Mirage beta is not installed.
Updated to 1.68, lost the Mirage stream buttons even though I have the beta installed and up to date?
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Tab running TaSageTV.
TVs: 42" Plasma and various LED monitors.
Patiently waiting for customisable menus on v.7
Old 04-14-2011, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetc View Post
Updated to 1.68, lost the Mirage stream buttons even though I have the beta installed and up to date?
Same here. I have Mirage .40 on the Droid 2.

Gerry
Old 04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetc View Post
OK, my check to see if Mirage is installed isn't working...

Version 1.69

- Fix: Was wrongly hiding the Mirage stream buttons.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
OK, my check to see if Mirage is installed isn't working...

Version 1.69

- Fix: Was wrongly hiding the Mirage stream buttons.
Installed this update and have mirage .40 beta installed. First time trying the mirage stream worked over wireless and 3G. Never could get 3G to work. But after a minute or two I get a force close and it crashes. Have a rooted phone with a custom ROM. Wonder it anyone else out there has similar configuration.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Sage User

Ok, maybe I missed it in the posts, but will this app let me schedule show recordings? I see where it says you can browse them.
I have SageTV on my WHS server and have found many times that I might be out of town or out on the road and just remember or heard about a show that was coming on TV that I want to record. It would be great if I could just pop on my android phone and schedule the recording so it would be waiting on me when I get home. Is there anything out there that will do that with ease?
Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqwalker View Post
Ok, maybe I missed it in the posts, but will this app let me schedule show recordings?
Sure, you can either browse the TV guide on a specific channel and add a schedule, or perform a search by title for that. Just look at the old demo video from the wiki, around the 1 minute mark you can see the first case.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Sage User

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fonceur
I have mirage installed and see several streaming options and have tried them all with no luck. Is there anything else I need to do? I have the droidx, which one of them should work with this phone. I have updated the streaming plugin and also have 1.69 loaded
Thanks
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's
Old 04-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

Make sure you are not trying to stream the vob file of a DVD or something, start with a simple mpeg2 and move up...
Old 04-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledose View Post
Fonceur
I have mirage installed and see several streaming options and have tried them all with no luck. Is there anything else I need to do? I have the droidx, which one of them should work with this phone. I have updated the streaming plugin and also have 1.69 loaded
Thanks
Wayne
Hi Wayne,

Does the DroidX have a Cortex or Neon processor? I noticed that Mirage Beta says it only supports these two processors.

I have a Motorola Atrix and mine is a Tegra 2 processor I believe. I can't get Mirage to run at all on my phone. After you install Mirage Beta, can you run the app directly on your phone? Mine just immediately FC's. I think the DroidX is by Motorola, so I'm guessing it's not a Cortex or Neon processor, but I don't know....
Old 04-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Sage User

Wow,

I stepped away from this app for like 2 months, and now that I'm back I can't BELIEVE how much this beast has changed. This is crazy....

Well, I dumped my Samsung Captivate for the Motorola Atrix. I rooted my phone so I could side load apps onto it (thanks ATT, m'eh).

I installed Sage TV 7, overtop my older Sage TV 6.

I then went into plugins and installed Jetty Web Server 2.2.1.13, along with SageTCPServer 2.2.0....it also installed Media Streaming Services as a dependency, version 1.2.0.44. Tons of smaller depend. stuff installed too...

I sideloaded the latest version of TaSageTV, version 1.69

At this point I was able to still connect to my server remotely via TaSageTV, but still unable to get streaming to work.

I did some poking around and realized that I needed to uninstall my older version of Jetty that I had back when I was running Sage TV 6. First I uninstalled the Jetty plugin (the new one I had installed via plugins in Sage TV 7), so I could completely remove all versions of it from my server. Then, to remove the older stuff, I deleted all the files for Jetty via this info:
http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugin...InstalledFiles

I removed anything that said Jetty from my sage.properties file.

I still was unable to get streaming to work....so I kept reading through this thread. That was when I found out that this line was no longer needed from an older version of TaSageTV. So I REMOVED this from sage.properties:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=sagetcpserver.StartServers

I restarted Sage TV 7, reinstalled Jetty and now when I open TaSageTV, I can see image icons next to all of my recordings. I didn't have that before...

Now streaming works on my Motorola Atrix running Android 2.2!!!

I still have yet to syncronize my media and test that all out. I have a ton of media so that might take like 8 hours or something.

I will post my questions in the next post.....
Old 04-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Sage User

OK,

Mirage Beta doesn't say it supports my processor. My Atrix has a Tegra2 processor I believe.....I installed Mirage and tried running it and it just FC's immediately. No surprise, it said it didn't support my proc.

I haven't tried VPlayer yet, might give that a try when I have more time. (only a 1 week full trial period on the free version)

I'm assuming I can't do HTTP Stream 2.3 or 3 because I'm running Android 2.2 on my Atrix (yay freakin' ATT). I tried it anyway and get an FC when trying 3.0. When trying 2.3 it says it download unsuccessful and that's all. No suprise there. Can you detect which version of Android a phone/tab has, and disable these stream options from displaying? Kind of confusing, better to not show them if they won't work anyway!

I'm not sure if you were aware of it...but when I DONT have Mirage installed, I still see the streaming options for Mirage. You mentioned that we shouldn't see those streaming options if we don't have it installed. I think you already know about this.

ok, so I guess my main question is....is there a way to kill VLC when I exit out of streaming a video? When I stop watching the video in TaSageTV, vlc.exe is still churning away on my server.
I used the trick someone else mentioned to only run 1 instance of vlc.exe (this should be in the install directions for TaSageTV I think, very important)
I would just like a way to stop VLC.exe from running on the server if I'm not streaming on my phone. Otherwise it's using precious CPU power on my server.

Also, how do I go about changing the streaming quality? I'm confused how this works. I see there's 6 different transcoding profiles in SageTCPServer plugin's settings.

I think there may also be settings in my sage.properties file for quality?

Briefly, how does this work? Does VLC use a different transcoding option based on what file type you are streaming (mp4, h264, mpeg, etc)??
Or does it pick a transcoding option based on 3g or wifi?

I'm streaming locally on my network and the quality is crap. I feel that I should be able to handle streaming a little better quality and want to know how to change this. Also, WHERE do I change this setting (SageTCPServer or sage.props)

Thank you for the help. The install has been a bitch. I ruled it down that it most likely was due to me running the older version of Sage TV, along with having super old versions of everything else (Jetty, Pheonix, TCPServer, etc)....

I am going to plug my charger in on my phone and sync my media. I killed the Sage TV service while in the middle of a sync in TaSageTV by accident. Now it seems like Sync no longer works in TaSageTV. Is there something I can do for this? What does "Wipe the TaSageTV Database" do? Will that clear out my sync info, and allow me to do it again then?

Like I said, now when I try to sync, it's just stuck at 0/7231 for albums, 0/34 for photos, 0/185 for videos. It's not counting up like it did when I first synced.

EDIT: I restarted TaSageTV on my phone and now it's syncing again. Not sure what happened, but it's working again. nm about that

Thank you!

Last edited by SnyperBob; 04-16-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyperBob View Post
I restarted Sage TV 7, reinstalled Jetty and now when I open TaSageTV, I can see image icons next to all of my recordings. I didn't have that before...
Right, that meant that the sagex-service was working at that point.

Quote:
Now streaming works on my Motorola Atrix running Android 2.2!!!
Good.

Quote:
I still have yet to syncronize my media and test that all out. I have a ton of media so that might take like 8 hours or something.
That did get improved, but that's still a long operation.

Quote:
I haven't tried VPlayer yet, might give that a try when I have more time. (only a 1 week full trial period on the free version)
No one has reported about it, since the Media streaming plugin was updated...

Quote:
Can you detect which version of Android a phone/tab has, and disable these stream options from displaying?
I can, but for example VPlayer would be used through one of those...

Quote:
You mentioned that we shouldn't see those streaming options if we don't have it installed. I think you already know about this.
Right, I tried disabling if Mirage was not installed, but instead it was disabling for everyone.

Quote:
is there a way to kill VLC when I exit out of streaming a video?
Well, it will stop when it reaches the end of the file, or when you start another one... Otherwise, you might want to install the Android app VLCRemote and try from there...

Quote:
I used the trick someone else mentioned to only run 1 instance of vlc.exe (this should be in the install directions for TaSageTV I think, very important)
The VLC launch parameters already include the single instance, though it is broken on some versions of VLC... (i.e. VLC 1.0 seems the most compatible)

Quote:
Also, how do I go about changing the streaming quality? I'm confused how this works. I see there's 6 different transcoding profiles in SageTCPServer plugin's settings.
In TaSageTV's Settings, you can select one of those profiles...

Quote:
I think there may also be settings in my sage.properties file for quality?
What you see in the SageTCPServer plugin configuration is pulled from the sage.properties file... Though if you want to edit them, it is easier to do it by shutting down SageTV (and its service) and editing the sage.properties file.

Quote:
Briefly, how does this work? Does VLC use a different transcoding option based on what file type you are streaming (mp4, h264, mpeg, etc)?? Or does it pick a transcoding option based on 3g or wifi?
Neither, it uses the one you selected on the TaSageTV's Settings screen.

Quote:
The install has been a bitch. I ruled it down that it most likely was due to me running the older version of Sage TV, along with having super old versions of everything else (Jetty, Pheonix, TCPServer, etc)....
Right, on a fresh install of SageTV 7, installing SageTCPServer would have taken care of everything, through its dependencies...
Old 04-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Sage User

Cool, thanks for answering all my questions.

I can't seem to get streaming to work outside of my local network. I believe I have all the ports open correctly, I'm not sure what the problem is. I can see vlc.exe service running on my server after hitting stream from TaSageTV.

On my phone it just says loading video, and then exits out of the video streaming app on the phone, back to TaSageTV. No error messages, nothing.

I guess I'll have to try and figure out how to turn on debugging and all that to try and see what's going on...
Old 04-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I can't seem to get streaming to work outside of my local network.
Double check that the streaming port is forwarded. If it doesn't work, your ISP or phone carrier might be blocking it, so try different ones like 554/8080/7070...
Old 04-17-2011, 06:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Fonceur
Quote:
Does the DroidX have a Cortex or Neon processor? I noticed that Mirage Beta says it only supports these two processors.
Does this make a difference before I put much more time on this?
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's

Tags
android