SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Sage User

I installed alogcat and got a log, then went to bed. This morning I woke up and all is great! Video and AUDIO! I guess the cache needed to clear out.
Thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just purchased the app. Thanks for the sale! Been using it with the limit, but am anxious to see the full potential.

Anyway, is the key emailed to me now? I don't see it in the invoice.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by George M View Post
Anyway, is the key emailed to me now? I don't see it in the invoice.
Yes, it will be emailed to you, assuming you included the ID from the registration screen... If not, send an email to the address shown on the About screen (in the Information section) with the ID. It's a manual process, so David might be busy over this Holiday weekend...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 07-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I did not include the ID during the buying process. Guess I missed that part. Will email the info now.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I did not include the ID during the buying process. Guess I missed that part.
I think that half the people don't... It is written on the wiki, and I've asked him to put it in bold or something during the ordering process, but I'm not sure he has that much control over the shopping cart...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK I got the license and played with it some. Got a couple of questions.

Is there a way to prefer certain default filters?
For instance in Media Center Videos, is there an option or a file to edit to have the default filter be Title rather than Date? Same for * rather than (?

Also when I do change the filter to Title, the date is the the dominate size and color. Shouldn't that change to the filter selected? Also when Albums is filtered by Title, the Genre is still the larger font and standout color?

As for Streaming. I read the wiki and tried to set it up but am not getting a connection to the server. I have Jetty Web Server installed and the ports match. I also have VLC installed (v 1.0 - is it still true that 1.1x does not work?).

Is there a detailed right up or wiki on how to get streaming to work? Or a particular log I can delve into?

Thanks
GM
Old 07-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is there a way to prefer certain default filters?
While I did implement it in the iOS version, I never got around to do it on the Android version...

Quote:
Same for * rather than (?
The * is only available on small lists with less than 100 items... Otherwise it would end up loading the 45k songs from someone or things like that, which creates performances issues...

Quote:
Also when I do change the filter to Title, the date is the the dominate size and color. Shouldn't that change to the filter selected? Also when Albums is filtered by Title, the Genre is still the larger font and standout color?
There is a limited subset of combos that gets displayed, but I could probably try to make it more significant...

Quote:
As for Streaming. I read the wiki and tried to set it up but am not getting a connection to the server. I have Jetty Web Server installed and the ports match. I also have VLC installed (v 1.0 - is it still true that 1.1x does not work?).
Not everything can be streamed, so start with a simple mpeg2 if possible... If you can get the Mirage beta application to work, that is usually the best option... As for which version of VLC is better, I have no clue, I rely on people's feedback...

Quote:
Is there a detailed right up or wiki on how to get streaming to work? Or a particular log I can delve into?
The sagetv_0.txt log files gets created if you enable the SageTV and SageTCPServer debug... You can see which command line is used to launch VLC. Just copy it to mystream.cmd or such and you can try tweaking it or seeing if it reports any issues. After starting a stream, you can go to the Information/About to see the URL that is used to stream. You could try it from another VLC instance on your network, or a browser or such.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
As for Streaming. I read the wiki and tried to set it up but am not getting a connection to the server.
Did you restart the SageTV Service for it to pick up the changes?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Did you restart the SageTV Service for it to pick up the changes?
Sure did.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage Expert

Question

A few quick questions before purchace:

1. I WILL be able to schedule recordings with this app right? I see alot about 'monitoring' but not much about adding or changing schedules via 3G.

2.Upgrading and licence~ for how long? Is the licence I purchace a yearly licence or will it be lifetime or even until the next major release? (like sageTV itself.)

Seeng as others have gotten this to work over 3G, (I'm still at the bottom of the tech curve in learning what it is exactly I need to do) I would love to buy into this before the 4th of July expiration date. I assume $10 is a significant price reduction. Right?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 07-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp View Post
1. I WILL be able to schedule recordings with this app right?
You can already do that right now with the unregistered version...

Quote:
2.Upgrading and licence~ for how long? Is the licence I purchace a yearly licence or will it be lifetime or even until the next major release? (like sageTV itself.)
There is no expiration date, it has gone from .01 all the way to 2.08 without any update fees or anything... If you change phone, you just send the updated ID and you get a new key.

Quote:
I assume $10 is a significant price reduction. Right?
Everything is relative. Some people won't think twice about spending that on a hot dog and a coke at a baseball game, but they'll take weeks to decide and need their wife written permission to buy an app they might use for years...
Old 07-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Sage Expert

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
You can already do that right now with the unregistered version...

There is no expiration date, it has gone from .01 all the way to 2.08 without any update fees or anything... If you change phone, you just send the updated ID and you get a new key.

Everything is relative. Some people won't think twice about spending that on a hot dog and a coke at a baseball game, but they'll take weeks to decide and need their wife written permission to buy an app they might use for years...
Sold. I did not see the ability to schedule sagetv via the app guess Ill look closer. You have been very helpful.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 07-04-2011, 04:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Sold. I did not see the ability to schedule sagetv via the app guess Ill look closer. You have been very helpful.
You need to schedule recordings it via the Program Guide. Just tap a show then pres your andriod menu button
Old 07-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I see alot about 'monitoring' but not much about adding or changing schedules via 3G.
You need to be a bit careful when using 3G as your favourites, recordings and Schedule seem to get downloaded everytime you open taSageTV.

On Honeycomb it doesnt seem to stay running in the background for long so each switch to it may actually be a new start.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Sage Expert

I think I screwed up.

I purchaced the app (Thanks!) and have recieved 3 emails confirming the order. I have logged into the website and seen the report on my transaction.

I have not recieved a key to unlock the program.

The Wiki is talking of a Device ID (where do I get this?)

I ordered this thru my phone, and it was very very tiny so I'm sure I missed somethin in the order process.

My Transaction ID:
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx4718
Payment Type: PayPal Express Checkout (instant)
Timestamp: 2011-07-04T03:07:01Z
Payment Status: Completed
Amount: 9.99 USD

How do I get this number and how do I get my key?

EDIT: Ok, I found the Registration menu. I assume the number in the box next to Device ID is the number I'm looking for..... duh!

Last edited by broderp; 07-05-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
EDIT: Ok, I found the Registration menu. I assume the number in the box next to Device ID is the number I'm looking for..... duh!
Yup, that's the one, so just email it to the address shown in Information/About.

Due to the number of people that miss the wiki instructions, the next release will have a new online registration. Every existing customer will be receiving a new activation key. It will be possible to release a key to activate on a new device. In case of a firmware upgrade which changes the ID, the update should happen transparently without any user intervention...
Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Sage Expert

In the home page, I get two icons (one on top left and one on top right) The one on the left turns into a active icon (antenna) when connected to wifi.

What the one on the right? I don't see it on the wiki pics. If its not to be there, how do I remove it? clicking it does nothing.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yup, that's the one, so just email it to the address shown in Information/About.

Due to the number of people that miss the wiki instructions, the next release will have a new online registration. Every existing customer will be receiving a new activation key. It will be possible to release a key to activate on a new device. In case of a firmware upgrade which changes the ID, the update should happen transparently without any user intervention...

Done. (Disregaurd the PM I sent, unless it helps get me key faster! )

Old 07-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I have added a section to the wiki called "3G/External server", based on users explanations...

Yikes. ...way over my head. I sure hope this is a work in process. If this does not work on 3G, its nothing more than a wifi remote. May as well be in front of the PC.

The basic idea is pretty clear. The details in the execution are what scares me.

I have a lot to read up on on port forwarding and router basics.....

Old 07-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Sage User

It definately works over 3G.
If it wasn't for hacking and general security issues, setup would be easy

In essence, you are trying to make a connection from the www. to your sageTV server. The details are just what it takes since no two LANs / routers / PCs are setup the same.

Thanx for the purchase!!

Tags
android