SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
I tried all 3 - two force close and 1 opens just a blank / black screen
OK, if you reinstall from the same URL, it should only be one icon. I haven't fixed anything else though... As for Google+, I'm at:

http://gplus.to/Fonceur
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Sage Icon

I did get a log, and it turns out it didn't like the URL with that method, so trying it differently... There are 2 different versions to test, hopefully the last one works fine...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/408295/TaSag...1/TASageTV.apk

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/408295/TaSag...b/TASageTV.apk
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad

Last edited by Fonceur; 09-03-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Sage User

Wiki update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Version 2.25

- Migrated the lists to ListFragment...
I upgraded to 2.25 from 2.10 a couple days ago. Before that, and after, I was having strange audio and video issues while trying to stream from my server. Sometimes I get audio, and sometimes I don't. I also got a very pixelated video a few hours after streaming the same video with good success. Any idea why?

I would be very grateful if the wiki explained better what the different buttons do, and the difference between what happens if you are on the server or on a client.

And I can't get that LiveTV video stream to appear/work again. It was great for chopping onions while watching NCIS.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cefisher View Post
I also got a very pixelated video a few hours after streaming the same video with good success. Any idea why?
I guess it depends which streaming option you were using...

Quote:
I would be very grateful if the wiki explained better what the different buttons do
Right, I could probably be more specific about that.

Quote:
and the difference between what happens if you are on the server or on a client.
What do you mean?

EDIT: The Control section of the wiki now has more information about the buttons...

Last edited by Fonceur; 09-03-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

So here are 2 more tests with the Vitamio library/plugin:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/408295/TaSag...C/TASageTV.apk

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/408295/TaSag...o/TASageTV.apk

The first one requires VLC 1.00 or such to stream. The second tries to stream one of Apple's demo file...

EDIT: I did get a confirmation that the Apple demo file streams just fine. The Vitamio's author also replied to my emails, so I sent him a URL so he can try to figure out what's wrong...

Last edited by Fonceur; 09-04-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Due to battery issues I have factory reset my device today, updated firmware and reinstalled everything. Unfortunately TaSage now force closes upon opening. Once I am sure my battery issues are solved I'll come back and look to post some logs.
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Tab running TaSageTV.
TVs: 42" Plasma and various LED monitors.
Patiently waiting for customisable menus on v.7
Old 09-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetc View Post
Unfortunately TaSage now force closes upon opening.
It turns out there is a typo in the creation of the database, so for now use this one:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/408295/TaSag...c/TASageTV.apk

For the Vitamio integration test I had to bump the requirement to Android OS 2.1, but I should be able to bring it back down to 1.6 for the actual release...
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Opening now, but guess what I forgot to do before the reset? lol Also black screen on attempts to stream, but I can't remember if that was a limitation of the unlicensed software. Just waiting for my key to be reset.

Last edited by planetc; 09-12-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetc View Post
Opening now, but guess what I forgot to do before the reset?
You can reactivate on your own now, no need to request a new one by email...

Quote:
Also black screen on attempts to stream, but I can't remember if that was a limitation of the unlicensed software.
No, that's the reason why it's not an official release yet... The stream button tries to use Vitamio, but there's currently some incompatibilities, which hopefully they'll be able to figure out soon...
Old 09-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Attempts to activate result in force close, I assumed this was because it might be seeing the device as a different one following the reset and firmware update?
Edit...
Ok, gone back to 2.40 again, activation ok, and no force closes. Not idea why I couldn't get it to run yesterday but I am back up and running at least.

Last edited by planetc; 09-13-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am very interested in your program

Hardware: Asus Transformer, Andoid version 3.2

installed ver 2.4 and it crashes on startup

Installed ver 2.4.1
it connects to sever I believe left icon at top shows connected,right doesn't show connected
right icon is for clients, right?

I get connected and list 10 recordings
when I select Stream I get a Black screen and nothing

crashes when I select Program Guide

attached is my SagTV log

Thanks
Scat
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (637.1 KB, 214 views)

Server: Intel i7-930 CPU @ 2.8GHz , 300GB HD, 24GB DDR3, Win 10 64-bit, (2) 2TB HD for recording
Capture Devices: 2xHD Homerun Prime 3 (CableCard) = 6 Tuners (Spectrum, TV package: Select), 1xHauppauge WinTv 885 (4 tuners OTA), 1xHauppauge WinTv-7164 (2 tuners OTA), Schedules Direct EPG
NAS: Synology DS1618+ 26.2TB Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR)
Sage Add-ons: Comskip Plug-in
Eventghost 0.5.0-RC4, Java Version: 1.8.0_172 (32-bit), Harmony 880, USB-UIRT
Old 09-21-2011, 05:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat View Post
Installed ver 2.4.1
it connects to sever I believe left icon at top shows connected,right doesn't show connected
right icon is for clients, right?
correct
Quote:
10 items is the limit for the free version. For streaming only mirage seems to work on my transformer. "Mirage Beta" is free but the sound never syncs. I keep forgetting to try the new streaming options however!

PS For crashes on andriod the log from andriod is usually required. alogcat seems to work well for me.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
installed ver 2.4 and it crashes on startup
Right, there is a known bug with creating the Songs' table in the Database. I was waiting on an update from Vitamio, but as it's taking longer than I thought, I guess I'll need to push an official 1.41...

Quote:
it connects to sever I believe left icon at top shows connected,right doesn't show connected right icon is for clients, right?
Right, you'd need to tap the right icon and pick a specific client. Though in your case, it doesn't seem like SageTCPServer discovered any client yet...

Quote:
Right, the Vitamio streaming isn't working yet, so try the other options, until I put back the VLC streaming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
I keep forgetting to try the new streaming options however!
If you mean Vitamio, you're not missing anything yet...
Old 09-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post

Right, the Vitamio streaming isn't working yet, so try the other options, until I put back the VLC streaming...
I have the same setup with an eee Transformer. Can you explain how to get the other options working? The only streaming discussion on the wiki referred to VLC.

Thanks
--Eric
Old 09-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJDeHaemer View Post
I have the same setup with an eee Transformer. Can you explain how to get the other options working? The only streaming discussion on the wiki referred to VLC.
That's because the others don't really require any configuration... From the detailed view, if you access the option/overflow menu, possibly using the "More", there is like 8 other streaming options. The Android OS 2.3/3.x ones don't really seem to work for anyone, but people with supported devices have had good results with Mirage beta...
Old 09-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
crashes when I select Program Guide
While it's working fine on the emulator, indeed my tablet is crashing too with that. The worse part is that aLogCat reports absolutely nothing with that crash, which is rather odd and makes the troubleshooting a real pain...
Old 09-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Sage Icon

Version 2.41

- Only override the volume controls on the Remote screen.
- Fix: Creation of the Songs table would fail.
- Fix: The Program guide would crash.
- Fix: The Search guide was broken.
- Fix: Wiping the database was broken.
- Now display the number of Playlists from Media center.

If your Program guide still crashes, go to Information/Settings and wipe the TaSageTV database. Give it a minute or two to get your list of channels, then quit the app and restart it, it should work fine after that...
Old 09-22-2011, 03:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

After reloading 2.41 again on Asus Transformer

Program guide did crash, but I did wipe the TaSageTV database by: go to Information/Settings and wipe the TaSageTV database
Gave it a minute or two then restarted it, and it did load the Program Guide.

Quote:
That's because the others don't really require any configuration... From the detailed view, if you access the option/overflow menu, possibly using the "More", there is like 8 other streaming options. The Android OS 2.3/3.x ones don't really seem to work for anyone, but people with supported devices have had good results with Mirage beta...
I did load the Mirage Beta, I have to pick Mirage from the drop down list then it will start playing, after 15 minutes it locks up.

Any way to set the "Mirage" as the default so all I have to do is select the "Stream" button

Thanks
Scat

Server: Intel i7-930 CPU @ 2.8GHz , 300GB HD, 24GB DDR3, Win 10 64-bit, (2) 2TB HD for recording
Capture Devices: 2xHD Homerun Prime 3 (CableCard) = 6 Tuners (Spectrum, TV package: Select), 1xHauppauge WinTv 885 (4 tuners OTA), 1xHauppauge WinTv-7164 (2 tuners OTA), Schedules Direct EPG
Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Gave it a minute or two then restarted it, and it did load the Program Guide.
Good. I could have forced a database wipe myself, which would have made it simpler for you, but figured most older installations probably didn't have the issue in the first place...

Quote:
I did load the Mirage Beta, I have to pick Mirage from the drop down list then it will start playing, after 15 minutes it locks up.
Right, that's why I have kept looking at alternatives... Have you tried the default with VLC 1.0 or such?

Quote:
Any way to set the "Mirage" as the default so all I have to do is select the "Stream" button
After saying it locks up for you after 15 minutes, I'm not sure why you would want to do that... I do have big hopes for Vitamio, which Mirage beta is supposed to switch to anyway...
Old 09-23-2011, 03:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Note: All playback is on local network

Quote:
Have you tried the default with VLC 1.0 or such?
Yesterday I tried everything in the drop down list prior to loading Mirage Beta and nothing played.

This morning:
Without selecting anything from the drop down list so what ever is the default was used .
I selected a NON HD recording then selected the stream button and I get:
Cannot play video
Sorry this video cannot be played.

then selected the Mirage and it started playing a NON HD video, it displays at the top left of the screen the following:
| TaSageTV
resolution | 400 x224
codecs | h264 / aac
battery | 97%

after 25 minutes I pressed pause then play again it started playing but no sound, the I candeled that play back.

I then selected Mirage from the drop down list and selected a HD show and it started playing but the again if I pause, then start play again no sound, I have tried everything in the drop down list and the only thing that plays is Mirage

thats all for now woke up late, have to go to work, I am blessed from Jehovah God to have my job after 2 years and no job.

I will test anything you need on my Asus Transformer just let me know.

Thanks
Scat

Tags
android